Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billabong

Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2014, 03:00:41 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on September 15, 2014, 01:51:20 PM
The point being that in previous posts yoursepf and the trap have already relegated kileeshil and newtownstewart and Owenroes, aghaloo etc are in division 3 for next year whilst still having a realistic shot at promotion through the play offs this season.

I thought you boys may have forgotten the play offs the way you were talking but obviously you hadn't!

Trap and myself are educated people, we went to primary, secondary and third tier education, we are well aware of how the playoff system works having been a victim of the dreaded relegation playoff and also to have fallen short in the promotion playoff my wounds are still searing from such destiny.

Any D3 players any chance of breaking into the county set up in the coming years? Cathal McShane looks to have the talent and physic to cope.

Derrytresk's Kevin Campbell was on a panel or trials a couple years ago wasn't he?

Under Lights

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 15, 2014, 03:36:37 PM
The point being that in previous posts yoursepf and the trap have already relegated kileeshil and newtownstewart and Owenroes, aghaloo etc are in division 3 for next year whilst still having a realistic shot at promotion through the play offs this season.

I thought you boys may have forgotten the play offs the way you were talking but obviously you hadn't!

Trap and myself are educated people, we went to primary, secondary and third tier education, we are well aware of how the playoff system works having been a victim of the dreaded relegation playoff and also to have fallen short in the promotion playoff my wounds are still searing from such destiny.

Any D3 players any chance of breaking into the county set up in the coming years? Cathal McShane looks to have the talent and physic to cope.

Are you sure? It's Physique.

Didn't do English Saan.

The Bearded One

Couldn't have went to third tier education without English?!

Anyway, in your educated opinion, who is going to take the 4 play off places in Div 3 and who looks most likely to qualify to play 3rd bottom of Div 2.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 15, 2014, 03:52:57 PM
Couldn't have went to third tier education without English?!

Anyway, in your educated opinion, who is going to take the 4 play off places in Div 3 and who looks most likely to qualify to play 3rd bottom of Div 2.

I like the look and style of Owen Roes, I think they will win the playoffs in D3. I expect Brackaville to beat Killeeshil in D2 playoff, relegating the Hoops, and would also expect them to beat Owen Roes in the deciding game. I then think Owen Roes will win D3 Championship in 2015.

billabong

I'll call it as seeing Owen Roes, Clanns, Aghaloo and the Tatts making playoffs with Owen Roes coming through.

Agree Brackaville will beat Kileshill. Would be a very tight game with them and Roes, Brackaville just about squeak through-could be wrong though

billabong

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 11, 2014, 10:12:27 AM
Anybody know if there are fixtures planned for Saturday 27th the day of the hurling replay?
Up on website that the games are fixed for 1.30

The Bearded One

I would rule out Aghaloo and Clan Na Gael.
With everyone available to them I could see the the Tatts beating Owen Roes but it appears the Tatts aren't at full strengh.
Owen Roes will not fear any of the bottom teams in Division 2 and I can see them making the jump through the play offs.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Club boi

Quote from: billabong on September 15, 2014, 03:44:20 PM

Derrytresk's Kevin Campbell was on a panel or trials a couple years ago wasn't he?

Was on Panel this year, played 1 game I think and didn't get another chance. Typical Harte. Surely could've given another option instead of persisting with a certain "AN Other" who kept getting roasted #Kerry #Dublin

Norf Tyrone

I am not comfortable with these predictions of pending glory for ourselves. A team full of 19,20 year olds has a lot to learn!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 15, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
I am not comfortable with these predictions of pending glory for ourselves. A team full of 19,20 year olds has a lot to learn!

Ah Owen roes are big favourites alright! Be very surprised if they are playing division 3 football next year ;)

BADONEY

See Tattyreagh defeated Drumquin  in the league on Monday night ,may yet make thetop 6.

BADONEY

Crazy that club football took place on Sat night to accommodate  2 poorly attended hurling finals in Omagh  on Sunday .
Most clubs would have better gates on Sunday afternoon  than Sat afternoon , the hurling could have taken place on Friday night under floodlights, why must the hurlers get a prime Sunday slot , more people from Tyrone will attend the All Ireland replay than attended Healy Park  onSunday afternoon .

Under Lights

Quote from: BADONEY on September 16, 2014, 12:04:56 AM
Crazy that club football took place on Sat night to accommodate  2 poorly attended hurling finals in Omagh  on Sunday .
Most clubs would have better gates on Sunday afternoon  than Sat afternoon , the hurling could have taken place on Friday night under floodlights, why must the hurlers get a prime Sunday slot , more people from Tyrone will attend the All Ireland replay than attended Healy Park  onSunday afternoon .

D2 and D3's final league game goes ahead on Saturday 27th at 12 noon and 13.30 throw in because of the stick ball replay that evening  8)

billabong

Brockagh hammered by Clogher at the weekend and have conceded 2 points to Errigal this week  :o

Under Lights

Quote from: BADONEY on September 15, 2014, 11:55:18 PM
See Tattyreagh defeated Drumquin  in the league on Monday night ,may yet make thetop 6.

Is Colly Harkin home?