Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To whom it may concern

Ballinderry are a more seasoned team than Clonoe and have experience in Ulster. Clonoe don't. That counts for a lot. Plus, they have home advantage and an extra week rest.

Someone said Conor Gormley was the problem for Carmen. They were right. He was. The role he played was strange, almost like a quarter back. You couldn't really call him a sweeper as he didn't protect his full back line who were exposed on occasions. Clonoe had their homework don as they knew he would be spare. They hit high and diagonal balls into their inside men, bypassing Gormley. Plus, they marked him on Carmen kickouts.

I thought Carmen were niave and should have marked Colm Doris on Clonoe kickouts as they usually target him and whilst Loughran at 7 was one of their best players, Dorsi was effective aerially. Carmen struggled generally at midfield and i felt they needed Gormley there rather than a sweeper.

In terms of possible County material, McNulty is obviously a contender but he needs to add workrate and awareness to his game. Colm Doris and Stephen McNulty are also good enough but age is a factor. PJ Lavery another; he was very influential coming from deep

giveherlong

Quote from: To whom it may concern on October 14, 2013, 12:50:22 PM
Ballinderry are a more seasoned team than Clonoe and have experience in Ulster. Clonoe don't. That counts for a lot. Plus, they have home advantage and an extra week rest.

Someone said Conor Gormley was the problem for Carmen. They were right. He was. The role he played was strange, almost like a quarter back. You couldn't really call him a sweeper as he didn't protect his full back line who were exposed on occasions. Clonoe had their homework don as they knew he would be spare. They hit high and diagonal balls into their inside men, bypassing Gormley. Plus, they marked him on Carmen kickouts.

I thought Carmen were niave and should have marked Colm Doris on Clonoe kickouts as they usually target him and whilst Loughran at 7 was one of their best players, Dorsi was effective aerially. Carmen struggled generally at midfield and i felt they needed Gormley there rather than a sweeper.

In terms of possible County material, McNulty is obviously a contender but he needs to add workrate and awareness to his game. Colm Doris and Stephen McNulty are also good enough but age is a factor. PJ Lavery another; he was very influential coming from deep

I thought Ryan O'Neill no10 also had a massive game for clonoe. Great fielder good distribution and a serious burst of pace

Clonoe have some middle diamond with mcnulty CHB, hagan and O'Neill mf and Dorris hf. Great options for kickouts They then have the choice of high or low into the 2 front men. Credit also to their full back line, Donnelly was kept realatively quiet as well. Impressed with pj lavery, very comfortable going forward and some great interceptions. Great flick on from Dorris from the hop ball for third goal. Thought the lad who had the Carmen goal chance should have taken another solo and took it in closer. Some great catches taken by clonoe in their full back line in the dying minutes

RandyDupree

Quote from: giveherlong on October 14, 2013, 04:08:21 PM

I thought Ryan O'Neill no10 also had a massive game for clonoe. Great fielder good distribution and a serious burst of pace

Clonoe have some middle diamond with mcnulty CHB, hagan and O'Neill mf and Dorris hf. Great options for kickouts They then have the choice of high or low into the 2 front men. Credit also to their full back line, Donnelly was kept realatively quiet as well. Impressed with pj lavery, very comfortable going forward and some great interceptions. Great flick on from Dorris from the hop ball for third goal. Thought the lad who had the Carmen goal chance should have taken another solo and took it in closer. Some great catches taken by clonoe in their full back line in the dying minutes

O'neill has been massively influential in Clonoe winning this championship.

nothingbettertobeat

Latest Ulster Club Betting

Get Your Teeth into this.

Ballinderry 8-15 Draw 15/2 Clonoe 15/8

Outright

Crossmaglen
10/11

Glenswilly
9/1

Roslea
28/1
St Galls
5/1

Clonoe
14/1

Ballinagh
28/1
Burren
13/2

Kilcoo
14/1

Cullyhanna
66/1
Ballinderry
9/1

Scotstown
16/1

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

giveherlong

Quote from: RandyDupree on October 14, 2013, 04:32:14 PM

It's a well deserved championship when you beat both errigal and Carmen

winghalfback

Quote from: The Beard on October 13, 2013, 10:28:57 PM
Great performance from clone.....finished off a very impressive championship. far and away the best team and steamrolled all teams except for a dogged carmen performance to stick with them for so long. a very welled organised team with individual brilliance all over, mcaliskey brilliant for first 15mins, lavery, doris and  s.mcnulty throughout and d.mcnulty in second half. very impressive to watch. doris impresses me more and more every time, i know he's old and probably wouldnt want it anyway but surely has to at least get invited for tyrone?

Colly is 27 maybe 28 but i dont think he turns it to after christmas he is a legend in tyrone club football even the best cant handle him

blewuporstuffed

Any chance we could get a fixture list for the last rounds of league games?
At least then if there is any major issues with clashes there is a bit of time for it to be sorted.
I dont think there is any reason left now at all, not to give us dates for the other rounds of league fixtures.
Very frustrating at this stage of the year you still dont know from week to week what is happening.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

The club was some craic, the place was still full last night. If nothing else we know how to celebrate. Still can't come to terms with winning the thing. Knew we were good enough, but to actually get there is some feeling. There is no doubt that Carrickmore and Clonoe have massive respect for each other. Our place was full of praise for Carrickmore on how gracious  and dignified they were in defeat. They represented there own people with great honour. The game itself was strange in that, we looked a  better team, but weren't the better team for long periods. The third goal eventually giving us the confidence to eventually play our game and relax a bit I guess. I suppose in the final analysis our forwards won the day. Sludden did his job well, got the big call right. One of the best refs in Tyrone. Felt sorry for big Oz. Have alot of time for the guy and would have loved to have seen him get his seventh, one of the legends of our games in Tyrone. Finally I have to compliment our players and management. They have given us some 12 months. All county league champions and county champions.

blackball

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 15, 2013, 09:53:57 AM
The club was some craic, the place was still full last night. If nothing else we know how to celebrate. Still can't come to terms with winning the thing. Knew we were good enough, but to actually get there is some feeling. There is no doubt that Carrickmore and Clonoe have massive respect for each other. Our place was full of praise for Carrickmore on how gracious  and dignified they were in defeat. They represented there own people with great honour. The game itself was strange in that, we looked a  better team, but weren't the better team for long periods. The third goal eventually giving us the confidence to eventually play our game and relax a bit I guess. I suppose in the final analysis our forwards won the day. Sludden did his job well, got the big call right. One of the best refs in Tyrone. Felt sorry for big Oz. Have alot of time for the guy and would have loved to have seen him get his seventh, one of the legends of our games in Tyrone. Finally I have to compliment our players and management. They have given us some 12 months. All county league champions and county champions.

Sounds like your still half cut!

Knock Yer Mucker In

We have all experienced the day after the night ( and in this case two nights) before. I can promise you I won't dip in here today. Head is thumping

LeoMc

Quote from: giveherlong on October 14, 2013, 06:05:48 PM
Quote from: RandyDupree on October 14, 2013, 04:32:14 PM

It's a well deserved championship when you beat both errigal and Carmen

They beat both teams the last time they won it as well.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: winghalfback on October 15, 2013, 02:35:59 AM
Quote from: The Beard on October 13, 2013, 10:28:57 PM
Great performance from clone.....finished off a very impressive championship. far and away the best team and steamrolled all teams except for a dogged carmen performance to stick with them for so long. a very welled organised team with individual brilliance all over, mcaliskey brilliant for first 15mins, lavery, doris and  s.mcnulty throughout and d.mcnulty in second half. very impressive to watch. doris impresses me more and more every time, i know he's old and probably wouldnt want it anyway but surely has to at least get invited for tyrone?

Colly is 27 maybe 28 but i dont think he turns it to after christmas he is a legend in tyrone club football even the best cant handle him

hes 30 i think...Great Player. Always was at every age i mind him. and a Great lad too. Deserves it all
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

giveherlong

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 15, 2013, 08:33:53 AM
Any chance we could get a fixture list for the last rounds of league games?
At least then if there is any major issues with clashes there is a bit of time for it to be sorted.
I dont think there is any reason left now at all, not to give us dates for the other rounds of league fixtures.
Very frustrating at this stage of the year you still dont know from week to week what is happening.

Exactly- this is what players are crying out for. Some clubs have 4 games left, co board please give us the time and dates for the remaining fixtures. I'm sure there are loads of lads traveling home from Dublin, England Scotland plus lads at home need time to sort work shifts

The Trap

Can people answer these questions please?

Are Ardboe minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Errigle minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Aghaloo minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Fintona minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Moy playing on Saturday with or without Sean Cavanagh?
Are all cubs fielding in reserve championship?

Thanks

Under Lights

Quote from: The Trap on October 15, 2013, 12:03:10 PM
Can people answer these questions please?

Are Ardboe minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Errigle minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Aghaloo minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Fintona minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Moy playing on Saturday with or without Sean Cavanagh?
Are all cubs fielding in reserve championship?

Thanks

As far as I am aware Sean Cavanagh will play for the Moy then travel to Cavan after the game. Can't see the problem here. It's up to the player to make a choice of what he wants to do. Same with Mickey Murphy Donegal. I'm sure he will play for his club first then got to the friendly against Australia.