Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: LeoMc on October 16, 2013, 09:05:47 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on October 16, 2013, 09:00:19 AM
Quote from: NDA on October 16, 2013, 08:54:07 AM
I don't buy the club v county argument at all. County teams have won all Ireland's in previous years and fixtures were never as big a farce as they have been for the past couple of years.
For me that is a red herring. The fixtures for county teams are known months in advance the CCC should be able to plan club fixtures around this. Problem is they aren't capable of doing that. The fixtures mess this weekend proves just how clueless they are.

Fixtures this season have not went very well thats for sure but when the County senior, under 21 and minor management call off games at will that adds to the problem off Championship not starting to Tyrone senior team exit the championship, If we want successfull county teams this problem will not be easy cured in all fairness. 13 day rule for Senior team and 6 day rule for under21 and minor and stick too it might ease the congestion at this time off the year.

When did this happen?

start off the league was held up by under 21 management and senior management way back at the very start in april!!

clarshack

Quote from: Getlucky on October 16, 2013, 12:51:00 PM
So who is the favourites for Sundays two games?  Urney v Eskra?  Loughmacrory v Killeeshil?

eskra and lough would probably be favourites. its now or never for eskra to finally get to senior football.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NDA on October 16, 2013, 12:20:08 PM
Clubs voted for club championship to start in August not to start when Tyrone were knocked out of championship.
Problem this year was Tyrone were in qualifers so club championship couldn't be played until after all Ireland semi final because of 13 day rule etc.
Clubs have to take responsibility for this delay in championship as they voted for it.
Mickey Harte didn't get any games called off at will as far as I know?
The big problem was CCC made a mess of starred league fixtures and didn't get enough league games played in summer this was nothing to do with Mickey Harte. The u21 competition was a farce and clubs went weeks without league games when starred games should have been played.
The mess of fixtures this weekend is just down to incompetence plain and simple.

ideally i would like to see something like:

6 rounds of league fixtures
1st round of champ
3 rounds of league
qtr final of championship
3 rounds of league
semi of championship
3 rounds of league
championship final
league playoffs

fit the breaks in a round this were needed,as longa s clubs are let know in advance when these are likley to be.
unfortunately this isnt possible,due to county fixtures etc, and i know that is a very simplistic view of fixtures, but we a re a million miles away from any sort of structured format like that at the minute.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 15, 2013, 09:42:40 PM
CCC Committee
Competitions Control Committee (CCC) (12)

Roisin Jordan – Eaglais – Chairperson
Adrian Scullin – An Chorra Chríochach – Vice-Chairperson
Michael Kerr – An Charraig Mhór – Secretary
Michael McCaughey – Trí Leac – Adult Fixtures
Stephen McCullagh – Loch Mhic Ruairí – Youth Fixtures
Aisling Doyle – Cill Íseal – Youth Fixtures
John McElholm – An Omaigh – Youth Fixtures
Ciaran McDaid – An Omaigh – Hurling Fixtures
Sean McGuigan – An Charraig Mhór – Adult Referees
Shane Dorrity – Oilean a'Ghuail – Youth Referees
Roisin Falconer – An Baile Nua – Discipline
Paddy O'Brien – Loch Mhic Ruairí – Referees' Administrator

Competitions Control Committee Remit

It shall be responsible for all arrangements for and control of any matters arising from Games under the jurisdiction of the County Committee, including disciplinary matters other than those functions reserved to the County Hearings Committee.

They are doing a mighty fine job!!!

Minor Football season was the first club competition of the year which started back on the 2nd March. The season has 14 rounds of games to complete league and championship and it has taken 34 weeks to get to the Championship final with a league final yet to be played. The fixtures committee should hang their heads in shame. Its way time that the county board got their act together. If you take a look at Errigals club fixtures for saturday it is a complete and total mess for club players/coaches and supporters.(going to be some very tired Referee's come sunday night.

Errigal for Saturday:

11:00 AM – U13 Grade 1 Semi v Galbally
11:15 AM – ACFL Reserves v Cookstown
12:45 AM – ACFL v Cookstown
3:30 PM – Junior RFC v Killyman
3:45 PM – Minor Championship Final v Ardboe

The Trap

Errigal for Saturday:

11:00 AM – U13 Grade 1 Semi v Galbally
11:15 AM – ACFL Reserves v Cookstown
12:45 AM – ACFL v Cookstown
3:30 PM – Junior RFC v Killyman
3:45 PM – Minor Championship Final v Ardboe

That is way beyond a joke - surely the club have asked for changes and these changes are going to be granted???????? I know other clubs are in similar positions and should have asked for changes to be made as well? How could they possibly be refused????????

Onthe40

Apologies if this has already been covered on here, but what was the reason the minor final: Errigal v Ardboe wasnt played before the senior county final last sunday?

sam03/05

minor Football season was the first club competition of the year which started back on the 2nd March. The season has 14 rounds of games to complete league and championship and it has taken 34 weeks to get to the Championship final with a league final yet to be played. The fixtures committee should hang their heads in shame. Its way time that the county board got their act together. If you take a look at Errigals club fixtures for saturday it is a complete and total mess for club players/coaches and supporters.(going to be some very tired Referee's come sunday night.

- they are the same idiots who preach about player burn out etc and they have minors playing for ten months of the year, and god knows how many training sessions in between.

I have noticed that Tyrone schools are also struggling at the minute, no surprise really, as they are not getting access to players.

Cosmic Fool

Have to agree the fixtures have been a farce this year!

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 16, 2013, 02:39:48 PM
Apologies if this has already been covered on here, but what was the reason the minor final: Errigal v Ardboe wasnt played before the senior county final last sunday?
To give it a higher profile, make it the main event.

I am not joking, the only joke is the fixtures committee.

orangeman

Ardboe were in it that's why.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on October 16, 2013, 10:11:44 PM

Ardboe were in it that's why.

Eh?

Club Rossa

There's a lot going on that you don't know about EC,between certain members of CCC/county board and Ardboe.
Mostly stemming from last year when the Ulster council overturned Tyrone's decision to kick our minors out of he championship.

Under Lights

Teamtalkmag.com have announced their 2013 Club All Star Nominations
http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/25606

Ardboe – John McConville
Ardboe – Michael Cassidy
Carrickmore – Colm McGurk
Carrickmore – Conor Gormley
Carrickmore – Mark Donnelly
Carrickmore – Mickey Donaghy
Carrickmore – Paul McAleer
Carrickmore – Plunkett McCallan
Clogher – Matthew Callaghan
Clonoe – Aidan Brady
Clonoe – Colm Doris
Clonoe – Connor McAliskey
Clonoe – Danny McNulty
Clonoe – Dwayne Quinn
Clonoe – Mickey O'Neill
Clonoe – PJ Lavery
Clonoe – Ryan T O'Neill
Clonoe – Shane O'Hagan
Clonoe – Stephen McNulty
Coalisland – Eoin Carberry
Coalisland – Jason Carberry
Dromore – Conor O'Hara
Dromore – Eoin McCusker
Dromore – Sean McDonald
Dungannon – Padraig McNulty
Errigal Ciaran – Peter Harte
Errigal Ciaran – Ronan McCrory
Errigal Ciaran – Stiofan Tierney
Eskra – Niall McGinn
Eskra – Peter Hughes
Galbally – Mickey Murphy
Killeeshil – Shane Mallon
Killeeshil – Packie McMullan
Loughmacrory – Damien McAleer
Loughmacrory – Ronan Ward
Loughmacrory – Ryan Keenan
Moortown – Brian McLernon
Moortown – PJ Quinn
Moy – Colm Cavanagh
Moy – Sean Cavanagh
Strabane – Michael Etherson
Trillick – Matthew Donnelly
Trillick – Ruairi Brennan
Urney – Johnny Lafferty
Urney – TJ Duffy

Couple of notable absentees: Ryan Mellon, Ciaran McGinley, Sean McKenna, Joe McCarroll, Sean Murphy.

Wee Roddy

Bubba Loughran from Carmen? Do the clubs have any say in these nominations?

Under Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 17, 2013, 08:29:20 AM
Bubba Loughran from Carmen? Do the clubs have any say in these nominations?

No. The website had nomination forms for the last month. Just users nominations. I dunno how many times the person has to be nominated to make the list.

I filled in a nomination form. Included some of the above but also had Ciaran McGinley, Damian Dasher McDermott, Ryan Mellon, Joe McCarroll on it. I done mine before the championship semi final though.