Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moortown Spuds

The CB has no regard for the clubs. The clubs should withdraw their support for Garvaghy and watch the CB squirm.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on October 15, 2013, 12:42:52 PM
Quote from: The Trap on October 15, 2013, 12:03:10 PM
Can people answer these questions please?

Are Ardboe minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Errigle minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Aghaloo minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Fintona minors and seniors playing on Saturday?
Are Moy playing on Saturday with or without Sean Cavanagh?
Are all cubs fielding in reserve championship?

Thanks

As far as I am aware Sean Cavanagh will play for the Moy then travel to Cavan after the game. Can't see the problem here. It's up to the player to make a choice of what he wants to do. Same with Mickey Murphy Donegal. I'm sure he will play for his club first then got to the friendly against Australia.

Just wonder if Cavanagh plays for Moy Saturday and was to pick up a red card would he be suspended from Ireland Duty?  Id like to think he will be playing for his club when they are facing a relegation scrap against and the local rivals.  County Board are right to make the game go ahead taking the lead from Donegal and other boards.  The International rules are a complete face and this is made clear by the fact the Australia are selecting a team based on race rather than their best squad possible.  I don't see it being an issue for a senior team to field while their minors play.  No club should be over reliant on 18 year old boys to win a game. 
Living the dream!!!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 15, 2013, 01:31:14 PM

Thanks

As far as I am aware Sean Cavanagh will play for the Moy then travel to Cavan after the game. Can't see the problem here. It's up to the player to make a choice of what he wants to do. Same with Mickey Murphy Donegal. I'm sure he will play for his club first then got to the friendly against Australia.

Just wonder if Cavanagh plays for Moy Saturday and was to pick up a red card would he be suspended from Ireland Duty?  Id like to think he will be playing for his club when they are facing a relegation scrap against and the local rivals.  County Board are right to make the game go ahead taking the lead from Donegal and other boards.  The International rules are a complete face and this is made clear by the fact the Australia are selecting a team based on race rather than their best squad possible.  I don't see it being an issue for a senior team to field while their minors play.  No club should be over reliant on 18 year old boys to win a game.

I know if my club were in a minor championship final I'd want to watch it. Its got f*ck all to do with reliance on minor players. I'm sure there are some of the management team of the minors still playing for their seniors also.

Under Lights

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 15, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Thanks

I know if my club were in a minor championship final I'd want to watch it. Its got f*ck all to do with reliance on minor players. I'm sure there are some of the management team of the minors still playing for their seniors also.

X2

EC Unique

Thanks

Just wonder if Cavanagh plays for Moy Saturday and was to pick up a red card would he be suspended from Ireland Duty?   

How would he be suspended when International rules is nothing to do with the GAA?

LeoMc

Thanks

For Aghaloo and Fintona it is reserve championship. It is not inconcievable that a junior club would need minors to make up thir reserve team.
I also see that Errigal have u-16's and minor games on Saturday. I know most clubs would have a bit of an over-lap there.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 15, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Thanks

exactly, for alot of clubs (most clubs) a minor final is a big occasion and all the club members should be afforded the opportunity to attend.
Im sure there are senior players with maybe a younger brother playing in the minor final, not to mention an overlap with management and club officials
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

CCC Committee
Competitions Control Committee (CCC) (12)

Roisin Jordan – Eaglais – Chairperson
Adrian Scullin – An Chorra Chríochach – Vice-Chairperson
Michael Kerr – An Charraig Mhór – Secretary
Michael McCaughey – Trí Leac – Adult Fixtures
Stephen McCullagh – Loch Mhic Ruairí – Youth Fixtures
Aisling Doyle – Cill Íseal – Youth Fixtures
John McElholm – An Omaigh – Youth Fixtures
Ciaran McDaid – An Omaigh – Hurling Fixtures
Sean McGuigan – An Charraig Mhór – Adult Referees
Shane Dorrity – Oilean a'Ghuail – Youth Referees
Roisin Falconer – An Baile Nua – Discipline
Paddy O'Brien – Loch Mhic Ruairí – Referees' Administrator

Competitions Control Committee Remit

It shall be responsible for all arrangements for and control of any matters arising from Games under the jurisdiction of the County Committee, including disciplinary matters other than those functions reserved to the County Hearings Committee.

They are doing a mighty fine job!!!

NDA

There are some decent people on the CCC and I feel sorry for them that they are caught up in this mess.
The reality is that this committee is dominated by a few arrogant, clueless individuals and one man in particular is a real dictator, the fact that he is hopeless at the job as well is a recipe for disaster. County Committee need to intervene to sort this out as it has become ridiculous.

clarshack

what about the county senior and minor managers? did they not contribute a lot towards this mess as well? it wasnt just the ccc imho.

NDA

I don't buy the club v county argument at all. County teams have won all Ireland's in previous years and fixtures were never as big a farce as they have been for the past couple of years.
For me that is a red herring. The fixtures for county teams are known months in advance the CCC should be able to plan club fixtures around this. Problem is they aren't capable of doing that. The fixtures mess this weekend proves just how clueless they are.

bigtogs

Quote from: NDA on October 16, 2013, 08:54:07 AM
I don't buy the club v county argument at all. County teams have won all Ireland's in previous years and fixtures were never as big a farce as they have been for the past couple of years.
For me that is a red herring. The fixtures for county teams are known months in advance the CCC should be able to plan club fixtures around this. Problem is they aren't capable of doing that. The fixtures mess this weekend proves just how clueless they are.

Fixtures this season have not went very well thats for sure but when the County senior, under 21 and minor management call off games at will that adds to the problem off Championship not starting to Tyrone senior team exit the championship, If we want successfull county teams this problem will not be easy cured in all fairness. 13 day rule for Senior team and 6 day rule for under21 and minor and stick too it might ease the congestion at this time off the year.

LeoMc

Quote from: bigtogs on October 16, 2013, 09:00:19 AM
Quote from: NDA on October 16, 2013, 08:54:07 AM

Fixtures this season have not went very well thats for sure but when the County senior, under 21 and minor management call off games at will that adds to the problem off Championship not starting to Tyrone senior team exit the championship, If we want successfull county teams this problem will not be easy cured in all fairness. 13 day rule for Senior team and 6 day rule for under21 and minor and stick too it might ease the congestion at this time off the year.

When did this happen?

NDA

Clubs voted for club championship to start in August not to start when Tyrone were knocked out of championship.
Problem this year was Tyrone were in qualifers so club championship couldn't be played until after all Ireland semi final because of 13 day rule etc.
Clubs have to take responsibility for this delay in championship as they voted for it.
Mickey Harte didn't get any games called off at will as far as I know?
The big problem was CCC made a mess of starred league fixtures and didn't get enough league games played in summer this was nothing to do with Mickey Harte. The u21 competition was a farce and clubs went weeks without league games when starred games should have been played.
The mess of fixtures this weekend is just down to incompetence plain and simple.

Getlucky

So who is the favourites for Sundays two games?  Urney v Eskra?  Loughmacrory v Killeeshil?