Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

For anyone to suggest that Ardboe have a better 15 than Errigal has no business discussing it. Errigal have a very good team and will take alot of beating. Carmen have not got as strong a 15 in my view. Clonoe were destroyed by injuries last year, and have some back, but not all back, so their 15 could be stronger, but all panels take hits i.e. Errigal have lost Enda Mc Ginley, a major lost and the fact that he is gone and they still are producing top football gives further evidence that they have the strongest squad. Trillick are more than capable and will be bt Moy and will also put it up to Carmen.

Augher were embarrassing last night, no other way to put it. Errigal played superbly, dominated midfield and supported the play at WILL. Not as much as a tackle nor fight in Augher, how can a team come into a championship having nothing to loose and be so pathetic and have so little pride in their performance. Errigal were as good as Augher were bad.

P.S. Omagh are a team that should be there abouts but have not made the push, why? is because they haven't got the right man to take them. i don't know why, but with the panel of players they have they should be doing alot better.

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Man Marker on September 26, 2013, 10:38:14 AM
For anyone to suggest that Ardboe have a better 15 than Errigal has no business discussing it. Errigal have a very good team and will take alot of beating. Carmen have not got as strong a 15 in my view. Clonoe were destroyed by injuries last year, and have some back, but not all back, so their 15 could be stronger, but all panels take hits i.e. Errigal have lost Enda Mc Ginley, a major lost and the fact that he is gone and they still are producing top football gives further evidence that they have the strongest squad. Trillick are more than capable and will be bt Moy and will also put it up to Carmen.

Augher were embarrassing last night, no other way to put it. Errigal played superbly, dominated midfield and supported the play at WILL. Not as much as a tackle nor fight in Augher, how can a team come into a championship having nothing to loose and be so pathetic and have so little pride in their performance. Errigal were as good as Augher were bad.

P.S. Omagh are a team that should be there abouts but have not made the push, why? is because they haven't got the right man to take them. i don't know why, but with the panel of players they have they should be doing alot better.

Ardboe are sitting second in the laegue, 4 points ahead of errigal ciaran and ardboe also beat them in the league, so they have just as good a 15 if not better than errigal have.

EC Unique

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 10:51:31 AM

Ardboe are sitting second in the laegue, 4 points ahead of errigal ciaran and ardboe also beat them in the league, so they have just as good a 15 if not better than errigal have.

I've news for you. The league counts for sweet FA when it comes to Championship. Ask Dromore..

Man Marker

Quote from: EC Unique on September 26, 2013, 10:55:36 AM

I've news for you. The league counts for sweet FA when it comes to Championship. Ask Dromore..

Ask Errigal they won 3 leagues in a row and couldn't get near the o' Neill cup before last season. lol.
Ardboe came into the league flying, after winning the Ulster league due to having a new management who got them up and running very early.

bluenosebandit

True, but its a bit of an oversight to say they aren't as good simply because errigal have went further in the championship, by that reckoning either trillick or the moy will be one of the top 4 teams in tyrone this year

EC Unique

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 11:00:44 AM

True, but its a bit of an oversight to say they aren't as good simply because errigal have went further in the championship, by that reckoning either trillick or the moy will be one of the top 4 teams in tyrone this year

You see what your team/management are made of when it comes to Championship time. Ardboe could not beat Trillick in 2 attempts in this years Championship with Trillick winning well in the second. In my book that means that Trillick are currently a better side than Ardboe. I read NOTHING into league tables.

bluenosebandit

Quote from: EC Unique on September 26, 2013, 11:06:16 AM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 11:00:44 AM

You see what your team/management are made of when it comes to Championship time. Ardboe could not beat Trillick in 2 attempts in this years Championship with Trillick winning well in the second. In my book that means that Trillick are currently a better side than Ardboe. I read NOTHING into league tables.
I'll bet you partied pretty hard when errigal won the league in 2010. Or has that been scrubbed from the record books? i can tell you for certain, there were a few errigal players hit the bars hard in belfast after they won theleague, means nothing though i suppose.
Peter "the great" couldnt cut it for errigal as a manager come championship time, and yet he went straight from there into intercounty management, what does that make him?

Wee Roddy

For god sake men have sense. This is a silly argument. When you get to the play off stages of the league everyone takes it serious...and will celebrate when they win it too. However during the year teams try things and new players. Carrickmore would have fielded league teams this year that maybe had 7 or 8 off last weeks team that played Coalisland. They have played games with sweepers, 2 sweepers, no sweepers and in one game no bloody defence either.
Peter Canavan did not win a championship with Errigal because he was a bad manager but because the Errigal Ciaran team wasn't ready. You also need a bit of luck and he didn't have much where as McGuckian got a few breaks last year.

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 26, 2013, 11:57:10 AM
For god sake men have sense. This is a silly argument. When you get to the play off stages of the league everyone takes it serious...and will celebrate when they win it too. However during the year teams try things and new players. Carrickmore would have fielded league teams this year that maybe had 7 or 8 off last weeks team that played Coalisland. They have played games with sweepers, 2 sweepers, no sweepers and in one game no bloody defence either.
Peter Canavan did not win a championship with Errigal because he was a bad manager but because the Errigal Ciaran team wasn't ready. You also need a bit of luck and he didn't have much where as McGuckian got a few breaks last year.

Good post. Winning league titles is nice and is of course celebrated but nothing in comparison to the championship. League form in the pre championship games is nothing to go on. Dromore hammered us in the league a few weeks ago.  ;)

The Trap

Very very impressive from EC last night, must make them favourites now though Clonoe and Carmen will give them something to think about. As for this weekend i think Clonoe will win routinely enough but if the Cavanaghs perform Moy could test Trillick to the limit. One thing on that game, can anyone explain how Paul Rouse is playing for Moy? Dont think he is living or working there.............

winghalfback

Quote from: The Trap on September 26, 2013, 12:41:11 PM
Very very impressive from EC last night, must make them favourites now though Clonoe and Carmen will give them something to think about. As for this weekend i think Clonoe will win routinely enough but if the Cavanaghs perform Moy could test Trillick to the limit. One thing on that game, can anyone explain how Paul Rouse is playing for Moy? Dont think he is living or working there.............

Would love to know the answer to this myself he lives in Brackaville and works for the GAA based in UUJ I think. His wife is from Clonoe parish. He quit playing football for Brackaville due to a bad back so if his back is now recovered why is he not leading the line for his home club and not a team 10 miles away and not even in the next parish.

Radda bout yeee

I asked the same question earlier in the year.

It might not mean much if the player is not as influential but rouse (due to cavanaghs limited games) as I believe has been moys best player this year.

winghalfback

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 26, 2013, 03:01:57 PM
I asked the same question earlier in the year.

It might not mean much if the player is not as influential but rouse (due to cavanaghs limited games) as I believe has been moys best player this year.

Oh he is a deadly player alright a great asset to Moy but he should be lining out against Stewartstown this weekend not Trillick.

Up The Middle

the way i understand it, if you havent played for any team in 2 years then you dont need a transfer and can play for who you want
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

RandyDupree