Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2013, 10:09:56 PM
My but Augher were poor. I actually felt sorry for them. Anyway we are through with no major problems and can watch the other games now awaiting the winner.
A phenomenonal performance. This could be the first errigal team since the 90s greats to deservedly win the big one.

rrhf

Man asked me the other day. In the errigal club roll of honour do they allow for ballygawley s championship wins before they changed their name.

Gaffer

Quote from: rrhf on September 25, 2013, 10:50:25 PM
Man asked me the other day. In the errigal club roll of honour do they allow for ballygawley s championship wins before they changed their name.

What did you tell him?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

bluenosebandit

EC Unique, or anyone from the Errigal Ciaran club please dont be offended by the question im going to ask, because it isnt meant as a dig.
But, with what would be recognised as a relatively poor enough Errigal side over the last 2-3 seasons (i think there are much stronger teams and panels in the county, as i say, not a dig, always admired how errigal play the game) is McGuckin the best club manager in tyrone?
Could he be a potential replacement for harte in the future?
What is it about him that he seems to be able to get errigal to play to a much higher standard than they probably should be at?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 08:59:16 AM
EC Unique, or anyone from the Errigal Ciaran club please dont be offended by the question im going to ask, because it isnt meant as a dig.
But, with what would be recognised as a relatively poor enough Errigal side over the last 2-3 seasons (i think there are much stronger teams and panels in the county, as i say, not a dig, always admired how errigal play the game) is McGuckin the best club manager in tyrone?
What is it about him that he seems to be able to get errigal to play to a much higher standard than they probably should be at?

Lets hope Tyrone don't ever draw Derry then!!
Still a strong believer in Mickey Harte. theres nobody better in Ireland i assure you.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Wee Roddy

Would it be a given that Errigal have the strongest squad in Tyrone?? Im not so sure on that. What they do have are lads who can score. I thought Carmens list of men that came on last weekend was very impressive too. Michael Slane, Paul Hughes, Gaby McCallan, Caolan Daly (who will improve). There was another couple who could have got in as well im sure.
I actually think Clonoe have the best 15 while Trillick have had he best individual performances to date

EC Unique

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 08:59:16 AM

I'm not at all offended but I do disagree. I think after watching all of last year and the 3 Championship games of this year that Errigal are as strong from 1 to 20 as any other club and who ever beats Errigal will win the Championship.  ;)

Hereiam

Quote from: rrhf on September 25, 2013, 10:50:25 PM

They also include Glencull's roll of honour as well. ;)

Wee Roddy

I think Errigal are starting to see the benefits of a competitive Thirds team in the club. Carrickmore tried it but just did not have the numbers with emigration to function competitively. Errigal have their own problems with emigration too but their pool of players is massive.

EC Unique

Carrickmore  11/10 

Errigal Chiarain  2/1 

Clonoe  7/2 

Trillick  12/1 

Moy  16/1 

Eglish  40/1 

Paddy Power.

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 26, 2013, 09:43:40 AM
I think Errigal are starting to see the benefits of a competitive Thirds team in the club. Carrickmore tried it but just did not have the numbers with emigration to function competitively. Errigal have their own problems with emigration too but their pool of players is massive.

I would guess that population wise there are a few clubs in Tyrone with bigger pools than us.

Wee Roddy

That wasn't a dig but if its an argument your looking ;)
Very very poor odds by the bookies. Why bother?

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 26, 2013, 10:13:01 AM
That wasn't a dig but if its an argument your looking ;)
Very very poor odds by the bookies. Why bother?
Not at all wee roddy, i genuinely do think there are teams in tyrone over the past two years with a better 15 and squad than errigal, and yet they are the defending champions who are in the hunt again this year.
Teams with better squads, I reckon Carmen, Dromore, Clonoe, Coalisland, Ardboe all have better squads and better 15, but what do i know, three of them are out.

bluenosebandit

so what do we all think of the draw?
Im going to go with trillick and clonoe to make it through. (not much of a punt)
so assuming this, what do you think of the ossible semi finals.
Individual performances by the donnellys and the brennans wont do enough to get past a well rounded and experienced carmen side, and dont think trillick have enough up front to bother them enough.
Clonoe and Errigal would be tasty. Think the rahillys would have the edge at midfield and upfront, but errigal could get some joy against a suspect enough clonoe backline, daisy could be the difference. errigal in a replay!