Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Under Lights on September 26, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 26, 2013, 03:55:20 PM
the way i understand it, if you havent played for any team in 2 years then you dont need a transfer and can play for who you want

Wouldn't think this is true. I would assume he was down as a paid coaching expenses by The Moy. Then transferred in as technically he worked there? No?

No
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

LeoMc

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 26, 2013, 11:06:16 AM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 11:00:44 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 26, 2013, 10:55:36 AM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 26, 2013, 10:51:31 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 26, 2013, 10:38:14 AM
For anyone to suggest that Ardboe have a better 15 than Errigal has no business discussing it. Errigal have a very good team and will take alot of beating. Carmen have not got as strong a 15 in my view. Clonoe were destroyed by injuries last year, and have some back, but not all back, so their 15 could be stronger, but all panels take hits i.e. Errigal have lost Enda Mc Ginley, a major lost and the fact that he is gone and they still are producing top football gives further evidence that they have the strongest squad. Trillick are more than capable and will be bt Moy and will also put it up to Carmen.

Augher were embarrassing last night, no other way to put it. Errigal played superbly, dominated midfield and supported the play at WILL. Not as much as a tackle nor fight in Augher, how can a team come into a championship having nothing to loose and be so pathetic and have so little pride in their performance. Errigal were as good as Augher were bad.

P.S. Omagh are a team that should be there abouts but have not made the push, why? is because they haven't got the right man to take them. i don't know why, but with the panel of players they have they should be doing alot better.

Ardboe are sitting second in the laegue, 4 points ahead of errigal ciaran and ardboe also beat them in the league, so they have just as good a 15 if not better than errigal have.

I've news for you. The league counts for sweet FA when it comes to Championship. Ask Dromore..
True, but its a bit of an oversight to say they aren't as good simply because errigal have went further in the championship, by that reckoning either trillick or the moy will be one of the top 4 teams in tyrone this year

You see what your team/management are made of when it comes to Championship time. Ardboe could not beat Trillick in 2 attempts in this years Championship with Trillick winning well in the second. In my book that means that Trillick are currently a better side than Ardboe. I read NOTHING into league tables.
I'll bet you partied pretty hard when errigal won the league in 2010. Or has that been scrubbed from the record books? i can tell you for certain, there were a few errigal players hit the bars hard in belfast after they won theleague, means nothing though i suppose.
Peter "the great" couldnt cut it for errigal as a manager come championship time, and yet he went straight from there into intercounty management, what does that make him?
You have to be an Errigal man with those comments. Nobody outside the winners remembers who wins the league rah year.

bluenosebandit

Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2013, 12:13:54 PM
Can anyone settle this debate:

If a player doesn't play in the first round of the senior championship, but plays in the quarter final. Is he eligible for the first round of the reserve championship?

My understanding is that you only become ineligible for the reserve championship from the round that you first represented the seniors.

Therefore I reckon that the player can play first round of reserves but is then ineligible for any rounds thereafter.

You are ineligible to play for the reserves from the moment you make an appearance in the senior championship

supersarsfields

If you make an appearance in the senior championship you can no longer play any reserve Championship games after that regardless of what stage each competition is at.

inroundthesquare

Strabane 1-7 Eskra 0-10

Eskra had all the possession in first half but missed a lot of scores and let in a sloppy enough goal. Strabane were totally out of the game in the first 15 of the 2nd half but were still only 2 points down due to Eskra's wastefulness. Strabane finished much the stronger and missed a bagful before finally getting in front but a late Peter Hughes free drew the game. Both teams would be happy to get another chance especially Strabane after playing so poorly for long periods. Replay Tuesday night.

Urney 1-11 Galbally 1-10

Much better game than the first, Johnny Lafferty got an early goal and was a constant threat particularly when in at full forward. Galbally played the better football for long periods and held a 2 point lead at the break. Sean Murphy scored a second half goal to put them 4 or 5 points in front but credit to Urney who made a fantastic comeback to lead by a point with a great winning score from half-back Paul Logue. Then the real drama as Sean Murphy won a free and had it moved in to 25 yards out, but with the last kick of the game he pulled it wide. He had been outstanding throughout but the pressure got to him in the end up maybe a more experienced player could have tapped it over. Urney will fancy their chances of making the final now.

clarshack

urney will certainly be looking for a stewartstown win tomorrow.

inroundthesquare

JFC Quarter-Finals:
Killeeshil 1-13 Aghaloo 0-14
Loughmacrory 1-10 Owen Roes 1-7

Norf Tyrone

Was at a wedding in Eng so never got to our game, but sounds like we put up a good fight despite losing our best player, Brendy Boggs, to a very harsh red on 20 mins.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

inroundthesquare

Rock 0-11 Moortown 0-10
Rock now face the winners of the Eskra-Strabane replay.

LeoMc

Moy through to play Carmen. They have now beat 2 teams who would have been fancied against them and who would have given Carmen a rattle so they have nothing to lose next weekend.

clarshack

everymanaman

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 26, 2013, 03:55:20 PM
the way i understand it, if you havent played for any team in 2 years then you dont need a transfer and can play for who you want
He played for Brackaville in last year's reserve cship. Mystery how that transfer went through. I presume Brackaville refused to sign it

trileacman

Beaten today, can't complain. Rory Brennan had a nasty injury and had to leave in an ambulance, held the match up by about 30-40 minutes just after half-time. Sean Cav hit two monster frees after that to leave us struggling. That said I think Moy are very beatable, they have all the weaknesses typical of previous Moy sides. For all the talk of Rouse on here, he was abject today. Eoin Gormley, a midfielder playing at FB, took him to the cleaners. Mellon had a very good first half in which Colm was quiet. Sean played in fits but always showed his class.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014