Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Marty Rodgers good wee playing very accurate- but i think he just doesnt have the pace required for a starting positon in the Tyrone Minors- he is a useful sub when the game has slowed down and a bit more space is available! who wud u drop from the team to get him in?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Norf Tyrone

QuoteDefinately think that Rodgers showed his class and how he is not starting for tyrone minors beggers belief, Norf would you agree?

He definately has great feet, but he was kept quiet for the first 25 minutes at FF. Our full back was out in front every time, so I think he is more suited in the hussle and bustle where he can use his guile to make space.

He still has another year at minor level left, so I'd expect him to make waves in that regard next year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: longball on July 23, 2007, 11:22:59 AM
Marty Rodgers good wee playing very accurate- but i think he just doesnt have the pace required for a starting positon in the Tyrone Minors- he is a useful sub when the game has slowed down and a bit more space is available! who wud u drop from the team to get him in?

I think he is a better player than Peter Hughes - Eskra (from what i have seen of him). HF is ideal position for him because he had great feet (both left & right) able to take scores from distance and also has great vision to pick out a mans run.

Wee Roddy

From talking to Raymond Munroe, I know that he rates Rodgers highly, but i think it really is a question of who do you leave off. Peter Hughes is a very intelligent player who has a sharper and quicker brain than Rodgers. I thin kthe week link on the minors is actually at full forward, which is not Rodgers strongest apparently so what do you do?

From a Carrickmore perspective the lads gave an awsome second half performance yesterday in Cookstown. Trailling 5-4 at the break they outscored the Father Rock 9-1 in the second half. I like the look of this young team who really are full of self belief.

I was at the Intermediate double header last evening and i was very impressed with the Donnellys from Brockagh. They nearly beat Moortown on their own.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Wee Roddy on July 23, 2007, 12:14:12 PM

I was at the Intermediate double header last evening and i was very impressed with the Donnellys from Brockagh. They nearly beat Moortown on their own.

The Donnellys are excellent players, if they played for a more fashionable club they would be touted as potential county material.

orangeman

I agree - they played really well - pity about the peroxide all the same - too many memories of Ciaran Mc Donald - but that said, they are class players and would make any senior side and maybe even county side ! Brocagh tired their hearts out but just fell short.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: loughshore lad on July 23, 2007, 12:24:30 PM

The Donnellys are excellent players, if they played for a more fashionable club they would be touted as potential county material.

Agreed, both these lads are brilliant players in my opinion.  I saw them play agianst Aghaloo in the first round of the championship and both where outstanding, Barry especially that day.  Also, when we played them this year they were the men that caused us problems.

Felt a bit gutted for them after giving so much yesterday to Brocaghs cause.  No-one had given Brocagh a chance against Moortown but the amount of break ball they won they should have actually beast Moortown by 2-3 points in my opinion.  Shows that Moortown are a good side though to pull out a victory and they will be hard to beat, them and greencastle should be interesting.

Loughshore lad, is it true Brocagh sent out a SOS to the Donnelly brothers when they where Austrialia to come home as Brocagh where struggling at the start of the year?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

longball

neone confirm that a number of Drumquin players have walked out on the club after their championship defeat?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

I think the Donellys  were always comimg back anyway - that was the plan.

loughshore lad

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 23, 2007, 01:29:44 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on July 23, 2007, 12:24:30 PM

Loughshore lad, is it true Brocagh sent out a SOS to the Donnelly brothers when they where Austrialia to come home as Brocagh where struggling at the start of the year?

As orangeman says they were in Austrailia but I think they were always planning to come home. Yes I remember Brocagh were really struggling early in the season and their season seemed to turn round after the Donnellys came home. It just illustrates how a team (at what ever grade) will struggle if it is missing a few of their better players.

orangeman

Loughshore - that's why we have been struggling midseason - we had so many injuries, suspensions, defections to USA etc - yesterday we had a lot of our players back and we were able to take the victory -

Wasn't Mal Coyle manager of Brocagh at the start of the year ? He probably had a difficult time without the Donnelly boys and wasn't able to get the results.

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2007, 10:06:49 AM
Ziggy - that's true - what I meant was that I fancied them out of the last 4 - no disrespect meant and I hope none taken.

None taken at all ;) I fancied Moortown at the beginning of the year, but their recent form tells me the other three teams left in it have nothing to fear. That said, Greencastle aren't in the final also and Moortown will throw everything into the game as we will.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on July 23, 2007, 10:19:05 AM

Can confirm that it was Mickey Ward in the Helicopter, think the club arranged someone from greencastle (I think, Ziggy anyone about there with a helicopter) to take him from the glentoran match. He made a difference although not outstanding, gave us a focal point on the FF line allowing Rodgers out to HF where he is most dangerous. Definately think that Rodgers showed his class and how he is not starting for tyrone minors beggers belief, Norf would you agree?

It is true that there's a family from Greencastle which own a helicopter. Was speaking to one of them yesterday and they said they were at the match, but had to leave early. Didn't say why, but I guess it would have been them that gave Mickey Ward a lift to Belfast.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

When is the semi final Ziggy - the two Lawns are still playing very well - they kinda stood out last night -

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2007, 03:07:34 PM
Loughshore - that's why we have been struggling midseason - we had so many injuries, suspensions, defections to USA etc - yesterday we had a lot of our players back and we were able to take the victory -

Wasn't Mal Coyle manager of Brocagh at the start of the year ? He probably had a difficult time without the Donnelly boys and wasn't able to get the results.

I dont think it would have mattered if we had of put out a weakened team or not yesterday Omagh were that poor. The injuries and suspensions have had more of a bearing than the defections - the lads who headed to the states were not really contributing anything in my opinion.

Do you think the team is now playing with a bit more freedom since Keenan left? To me they looked like they were scared to make a mistake earlier in the season where as now players look a bit more relaxed? Judging by your post you are on the team/squad and maybe have more of an insight into this?

As far as I know Malachy Coyle was over Brockagh at the start of the year but then for some reason left. He did fairly well with them last year. What do you make of Malachy should he be given the reigns for the rest of this and next year?