Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: longball on July 10, 2007, 01:14:44 PM
Quote from: Deal_Me_In on July 10, 2007, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: longball on July 09, 2007, 01:43:38 PM
my predictions
WJ Dolan Tyrone Intermediate & Junior Championship quarter-finals.
Friday 20th July @ Omagh
JFC Newtownstewart v Clogher @ 7pm- Newtownstewart
IFC Strabane v Killyman @ 8:15pm- Strabane

Saturday 21st July @ Newtownstewart
JFC Owen Roes v Beragh @ 5:30pm- Owen Roes
IFC Drumquin v Greencastle @ 7pm- Drumquin

Sunday 22nd July @ Clogher
JFC Brackaville v Glenelly @ 5:30pm- Brackaville
JFC Dregish v Rock @ 7pm- Rock

Sunday 22nd July @ Coalisland
IFC Augher v Eglish @ 5:30pm- Augher
IFC Brockagh v Moortown @ 7pm- Moortown

Longball i take it your from somewhere near strabane and are going for the local teams becasue so don't seen to be taking league form or recent results into consideration here:

Clogher are 2nd in the league 2 point ahead of Newtown with a game in hand all-be-it they haven't played eachother yet.
Beragh are 4 points ahead or Owen Roes in the league, having already beaten them away this year.
Greencastle are odviously going well having beaten the league leaders away and are 5 points ahead of Drumquin in the League.

league standings mean very little come championship day. Its all on the day!

Longball looks like you don't know anything about predicting results. from the results above you haven't got one right yet this weekend. Maybe you might have more luck with the rest of the weekend

KIDDO

Greencastle advanced to the Tyrone intermediate semi  tonight, following a 1.10 to 2.6 victory over Drumqiun , who bounced  back  from a 1.6, to 0.1 half time deficit, to finish one point behind at the games conclusion . Referee for this encounter was Martin Mohan , from Eglish , with   John  Kerlin   despite the   his  horrible experience refereing  when he had the misfortune to control the Dromore v Carrickmore semi final  last year  , on the line .

orangeman

How did Kerlin do Kiddo ? Was he contreversial ? Do you still feel aggrieved at Kerlin for his handling of the game ? In hindsight do you think he was right or wrong ?

ONeill

Quote from: clarshack on July 21, 2007, 01:43:11 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 21, 2007, 01:18:53 PM
Very interesting article on the Armagh club website, re best armagh team of the last 30 years.  This is simply a list of some of the greatest Tyrone players in mo Ive had the privelage of seeing.  I think Id find the task very difficult to choose from the following.
GKs
F Mc Connell / A Skelton
Backs:
F Devlin C Mc Anallan RIP / Mc Garvey, C lawn/ R Mc Menamin/
J Lynch, S Donnelly K Mc Cabe / C Gormley / N Mc Ginn P Jordan

Midfield:S Cavanagh, H Mc Clure
E Mc Kenna / P Donaghy

Forwards: B Dooher / A Cush 
B Mc Guigan, E Mulligan
F Mc Guigan / P Canavan
S O Neill, G Cavlan, D O Hagan.

My team :

1. F McConnell
2. S Donnelly
3. C McAnallen
4. J Lynch
5. K McCabe
6. C Gormley
7. F Devlin
8. E McKenna
9. S Cavanagh
10. B Dooher
11. B McGuigan
12. D O'Hagan
13. S O'Neill
14. F McGuigan
15. P Canavan

have had the privelege of watching all these players in the flesh.

Can't agree. I think our two present goalkeepers as well as Skelton were ahead of Finbar. No way would I have Cormac as our best FB. He played there for half a season. McGarvey for me. Damien O'Hagan - you're having a laugh! Even Muliigan, half way through his career, has produced more memorable moments as well as big-game performances. Tis all about opinion I suppose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteBeragh beat Owen Roes tonight 2-10 to 1-09, coming from 1-7 to 1-0 down after 25 mins, a goal from Martin Rodgers 5 mins before the end of the first half starting the fightback. In the second half Beragh defence were on top throughout keeping wen Roes down to 2 points chipping away at the lead until eventually going in front with 15 mins left.

A real topsy turvy display by Owen Roes. We played out best 25/30 mins of the season in the first half and then dramatically lost our way. Deal by my reckoning we had 1-8 at halftime therefore only got 1 score in the second half. In the first half our fullback Noel Mullan completely nulified Martin Rodgers, causing Rodgers to be switched further infield. However in the last minute of the first half the youngster ran for 40 yards straight through the tackles to bag a goal, to give Beragh a crucial lifeline. The Owen Roe's goal was a stunning fisted effort afte 12 mins from Barry Porter.

The second half was a terrible display. I think we lost our bottle, and didn't handle the Championship pressure. The midfield which had functioned well in the first half got swamped! I just don't think they got enough support. In turn Terry McKenna had a great half carrying the ball into the scoring zones.

Young Rodgers ended the contest with 1-6!!

QuoteNorf what you think of the referee? Thought he was very bad giving frees where they werent one and vice versa and did think he gave Owen Roes more than Beragh over the 60 mins
I've seen worse tbh. However to be fair I thought we shaded most of the decisions, and if I was a Beragh man and lost that I'd of been miffed.

QuoteGreencastle advanced to the Tyrone intermediate semi  tonight, following a 1.10 to 2.6 victory over Drumqiun , who bounced  back  from a 1.6, to 0.1 half time deficit, to finish one point behind at the games conclusion .
Kiddo, were Drumquin attacking the goals at the Omagh side in the second half? I never noticed it before but there appears to be a fairly sharp slope in newtown running towards that which aids attacking.

All in all, gutted to be out of the Championship...again. BUT......my night was made when after the game I made the legend of the board Ziggy!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

fair enough any one of the goalkeepers mentioned could get that spot but for me cormacs performances in half a season were worth far more than all of mcgarveys performances in a tyrone jersey put together.
also i know ohagan didnt score a wonder goal against dublin but i would have him in my team before mulligan any day.
it is all about opinion!

clarshack

loughmacrory 0-14 stewartstown 0-11 in todays ACL 1B. the harps played a good part of the 2nd half with 13 men with donaghy getting lined later on. the harps looked the better team and 2 glorious missed goal chances proved costly. the star of the show was undoubtedly the referee (from t*ttyreagh) who put in the most shocking display I have seen this year. i dont like coming on here and giving out about referees but somebody somewhere needs to do something about the standard of refereeing not only in tyrone but all over the country.

Keals

Result in intermediate championship
Augher 0-9
Eglish 1-5

KIDDO

Junior championship tie tonight atClogher , Brackaville 1.6. Glenelly 0.9.

KIDDO

Dromore defeatedKilleeshill 1.14 to 1.6 in the all county league this afternoon ,at Killeeshill, with Eoin Mc  Cusker top scorer for the winners with 8 points , with Shaun O Neill 1.1 , Raymond Gallegher 0.2,  Hugh Mc Nulty 0.1, and Rory Mc Meniman 0.1  , and Emmet O Neil0.1the other scorers , while in the reserve gameDromore emerged victories  3.14 to 1.2.

KIDDO

Results inTyrone 1a league this afternoon
Galbally 6.11,Aygharan 1.11,
Ardboe 3.10, Omagh 1.12,
Coalisland 1.12 , E-Ciaran 1.8
Cookstown 0.6,Carrickmore0.13
Killyclogher1.7, Donaghmore1.13,

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: KIDDO on July 22, 2007, 07:52:06 PM
Junior championship tie tonight atClogher , Brackaville 1.6. Glenelly 0.9.

Good result for Glenelly, putting some gloss on a bad weekend for North Tyrone!

Deal_Me_In...Did Mickey Ward travel to last night's game in a helicopter? I knew he had played the first hald of Glentoran's game with Bangor, which would've had him leaving Bangor at 4:00- 4:15, and I seen him in Newtown at least 90 minutse after this which is some going. A helicopter landed beside the pitch just per throw in, which I assumed was WJ Dolan, but rumour has it Beragh hired a helicopter for him?

Keals

anybody hear the result form moortown and brocagh?

clarshack

moortown won 0-11 to 0-10 and will play greencastle in the semis.

Norf Tyrone

Semi Final Draw:
Greencastle v Moortown
Killyman v Augher

Clarshak...sent you a PM there.