Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2007, 12:15:17 PM
Absolute pathetic - 2 games in 24 hours is a scandal in this day and age - we'll not get to many county finals this year - so to force 2 games is ridiculous ! I hope the board will see sense and agree to a postponement
Unfortunately orangeman you are right - this will probably be the only final we will be in this season. I will be amazed if the county board agree to a postponement. Very hard on lads who play reserve football year in and year out, their chances of some silverware are being severly hampered by a few plonkers on the county board.

ziggysego

Thinking of heading to Augher tonight to see Greencastle take on Pomeroy in the Minor Semi-Final. Does anyone know what the grounds is like for wheelchairs?
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2007, 04:51:10 PM
Thinking of heading to Augher tonight to see Greencastle take on Pomeroy in the Minor Semi-Final. Does anyone know what the grounds is like for wheelchairs?

Sorry Ziggy, only seeing this now, and the ground should be OK for wheelchairs as I remember.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

KIDDO

Yes victory for E-Ciaran  , scoreline 3.9,  to 0.14.

ziggysego

Unfortunately Greencastle were beat tonight also by Pomeroy. 0-14 to 3-09 (I think)

It was a fantastic game of football and the scoreline in no way reflected how tight a game it was. A draw would have been a fairer result.

Good Luck to Pomeroy in the final.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Oh and my cousin got EC's third goal tonight.
Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

Hard luck to Greencastle, this is the second year on the trot they have been eliminated at the semi final stage in the minor championship, they were also eliminated  at the semi final stage in the juvinile league 2 years ago,   luck does not seem to run with this tallented group , who have played some excellent football  over those those years  without gaining   any reward.

Deal_Me_In

Will the Errigal Result mean all the coalisland people stop spoutng about how they are going to clean up all round them this year at Minor, U21 & Senior this year, Clearly Erigal is still the benchmark that has to be reached at every grade.

loughshore lad

Quote from: the_daddy on July 03, 2007, 07:14:00 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2007, 12:15:17 PM
Absolute pathetic - 2 games in 24 hours is a scandal in this day and age - we'll not get to many county finals this year - so to force 2 games is ridiculous ! I hope the board will see sense and agree to a postponement

1. It's supposed to be senior game only on Friday night if I'm not mistaken.

2. Edit: On re-reading I may have been somewhat presumptuous. Where your opponents contacted as regards to re-scheduling the fixture?

Yes it is only a senior game but due to injuries, suspension, county players unavailable etc the only way Ardboe could field a team would be to play a number of reserve players. On sunday for example Frank McGuigan was the only established forward available - the other 5 lads were minor and reserve players.

Dromore will not agree to moving the game apparently.

EC Unique

Was very impressed by our minors lastnight ;D ;D The conveyor belt seems to be well oiled. We ruled all areas of the pitch and never looked like losing the game. Coalisland have a great player in T O'Hagan, he is a great target man in full foward but our own full foward - Daren Canavan stood out even more on the night. The Tyrone minor management would give anything to have him and Bru Horisk available on their panel im sure.

orangeman

Pomeroy are into the minor final - we should have beat them handy - but good luck to them in the final - Errigal have a deadly side but it would nice to be in the final nonetheless !

new devil

Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2007, 09:23:38 AM
Was very impressed by our minors lastnight ;D ;D The conveyor belt seems to be well oiled. We ruled all areas of the pitch and never looked like losing the game. Coalisland have a great player in T O'Hagan, he is a great target man in full foward but our own full foward - Daren Canavan stood out even more on the night. The Tyrone minor management would give anything to have him and Bru Horisk available on their panel im sure.

why arent they available?

orangeman

Have senior championship quarter finals been organised yet ?

EC Unique

Quote from: new devil on July 04, 2007, 05:10:52 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2007, 09:23:38 AM

why arent they available?

Canavan was injured at time of trials and Horisk choose to stay with club only I think.

KIDDO

E-Ciaran maintained their recent good run  of victories  tonight ,with a 0.14, to 0.8 leaguevictory overCookstown , at Dunmoyle , with Martin Mohan Eglish, in charge of the contest.