laceer

Quote from: longball on July 06, 2007, 02:07:09 PM
Quote from: laceer on July 06, 2007, 02:04:17 PM
Killyman
C Boyle
P McVeigh
F McVeigh

[quote/]

finty mcveigh has only played 2 matches all year-big miss for us.he's worth 4 points a match and reckon he'd have made the difference in the majority of our close results.

did you get these names of the person who does the players to watch for the democrat :D

i new he had only played 2 matches this year shows the quality in Killyman  ;D ;D

:o :o
less of it
;D

orangeman

Dromore and Carrickmore weren't playing in a reserve final the day before or the day after and it was not in the middle of the holidays.  So I'd say this story will run and run.

orangeman

Look at the fixtures list on the Tyrone County website - what's taking place between the 29th July and the 3rd week of August - the last round of league fixtures is scheduled already for 21st OCTOBER ! Yes October !

I take your point about the Hurling game and it is a vailid one - I completely forgot about that - sorry -

With regard to your point about Intermediate and Junior clubs in North Tyrone, I totally sympathise with them, but someone or some people in the County set up aren't listening - I'm told that the County Team is just about the only thing that is important - club football doesn't really count.

orangeman

So the whole blame lies with Mr. Daly, fixtures secretary - That was a nice gesture from Dromore to put the game off - they have to commended for that, but somehow Kiddo I don't think your story is entirely right - If I'm not mistaken, Dromore refused to move the game to Thursday ( last night ) and have also refused to play it next week as well - so ............ your information is not 100% -
It's not a case of Ardboe attaching any more or any less signifigance to a league game over this game -

So hopefully the game will take place next Friday night after all.

It's nice to know that Dromore don't ecognise the reserve championship at all and are only focussed on the senior one - I wish them well and hopefully they can break the dominance of the big two - so good luck to Dromore and the others who are hoping to dislodge Errigal.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteMarky donnelly still going strong after all these years.  A class act if you ask me, best full forward in division 2 in my estimation.

Yip. When the Roe's played Fintona over the last few years, Donnelly always stood out as very good attacker.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

I wasn't able to make it to tonight's game due to prior engagements.

However Greencastle beat Moortown this evening at Moortown. After last Sunday's defeat, this will be a great lift for the team at the start of the second half of the league :)
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

great win for greencastle tonight in moortown. moortown thought they would win every game this year by 10 points. as the harps have shown over the last 3 years theres very little difference between the bottom of div 1b and top of div 3 so I dont know why they thought div 2 would be a walkover. well done greencastle! hope you have a pint 2 celebrate ziggy!

Norf Tyrone

In Div 3.......

Tatts won by three in Newton, and

Owen Roe's 2-8 Clogher 1-8!!!!!!!!!!! At last!!!!!!!!!!

BTW excellently reffed by Fabian McGloone from Drumragh IMHO. Every whistle was accompanied by a loud explanation of decision, leaving nothing to interpretation for players and crowd alike.

In Div 1...
Aghyaran 0-14 Donaghmore 0-6

1B
Clanns 0-6  Pomeroy 2-6

glencullrule

Carrickmore beat Coalisland tonight on a scoreline of 1-8 to 0.6. Vey impressed by Carrickmore tonight with Gaby McCallan playing well in the midfield backed up by the McAleer brothers, Niall Loughran, Kieran McCartan and Kevin McNally

KIDDO

Carrickmore 1.8, Coalisland 0.6, in tonights league encounter, at Carrickmore , with this victory moving the winners one point clear from Coalisland ,after 12 rounds of fixtures.With Galbally defeating Killyclogher by 6 points ,to move clear into 4 th place after Donaghmores heavy defeat in Aygharan, in another 1a clash played at Killyclogher.

KIDDO

Was one of the McAleer brothers not replaced at half time , good performance based on one half hour .

chuck hughes

Carmen Beat Coalisland to go top of league tonight. 1-8 0-6. Very well contested game and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half won the game for Carmen. It was hard to believe looking at Carmen that they are out of the championship, showing great tackling high up the pitch and showing a greater desire than us to win the game. Fair play to Carmen, though we've a lot of work to do esp in the fwd division before championship. Thorton and the two earlys were a big miss up front for us tonight.

KIDDO

1A Results Omagh0.18, Killeeshill2.7
Killyclogher 0.6, Galbally 1.13
Aygharan 0.14, Donaghmore1.6
Carrickmore1.8,Coalisland 0.6
Dromore W/O Ardboe dnf
  1b   Loughmacrory 4.12, Derrylaughun 1.8,
    Clann na gael 0.6, Pomeroy 2.6
Trillick 0.10,Moy 0.4
Kildress 0.14, Edendork 0.7
  Division2  Strabane 0.11, Fintona 1.8
Drumquin v Aghaloo off
Eglish 0.13, Urney 0.6
Moortown 0.5, Greencastle 0.11
  Division3 ,
Derrytresk 0.4, Rock3.13,
Drumragh 2.8, Brackaville 2.8
Owenroes 2.8,Clogher 1.8,
Newtownstewert 0.10, Tattyreagh 2.7

Norf Tyrone

loughshore lad

Quote from: KIDDO on July 06, 2007, 05:08:57 PM
Dromore were willing to play the game next weekend , butCathel Daly  said it must be played this weekend   so with the reserve championship more important in the Ardboe club  ,they have decided not to travel tonight and have lost the points . The logic of attaching so much importance to a reserve championship beggers belief , Dromore have won countless reserve championships  over the years , but in the overall scheme it means nothing , no record of winning the  championship that counts, the oneill cup.

I think you will find Kiddo that the county board were fine with playing the game next week, it was Dromore who were their usual pleasant selves and refused to switch the game.
Why should Ardboe not place some importance on a reserve championship final?
For their reserve players this is as good as it gets - a chance to win the county title. Do you think a reserve player should be asked to play a senior league game less than 24 hours before a championship final?
Would Dromore ask their players to do so?
The reason Ardboe asked the game to be moved is due to the fact they genuinely could not field a team without having to ask reserve players to play. Last week against Coalisland at least 5 lads who are reserve players had to play in the senior league as they are so short on numbers due to injury, suspension, county players etc