Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 01, 2007, 11:27:03 PM
As we reach half way in each division (roughly), what if the leagues for next season were based on tables so far. I have not implemented the Championship winners getting promotion, but instead given it to the next team in league placings.

Suits us Norf, we still have Urney at home, as will everybody else for the next year  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

goal and a point

Fionntamhnach any report on the tyrone ladies match.

tieroan

Roddy i can assure you that Na Fianna will not be taking Carmen lightly on Friday night. It is the big test our managment have been waiting on. As Carmens game aginst Galbally was on Saturday i wentured up to the hills and came away very impressed with Carmens strenght in depth. Galbally would be regarded as a strong phsically team but they were fired around Carmen ground very easily. Having said that i think that the ref was a little bit leniant to a couple of Carmen defenders particulary Conor McAleer who seemed to get two yellow cards and six black books! Kevin McNally and Ciaran McAleer are two class acts though. I do think that we should win midfield though. I would be happy with a draw.

EC Unique

RRHF. were you at the game yesterday? What did you think?

ziggysego

Fear ón Srath Bán, were you at the game yesterday in Greencastle? Was hoping I might bump into you.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on July 02, 2007, 07:54:16 PM
Fear ón Srath Bán, were you at the game yesterday in Greencastle? Was hoping I might bump into you.

No Ziggy, couldn't make it unfortunately, at my niece's christening in the town. Great result for ourselves though I believe your lads squandered their chances somewhat and paid the price. Will you make the return fixture?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2007, 08:03:34 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 02, 2007, 07:54:16 PM

No Ziggy, couldn't make it unfortunately, at my niece's christening in the town. Great result for ourselves though I believe your lads squandered their chances somewhat and paid the price. Will you make the return fixture?

Greencastle had the run of Strabane in the first half, but just didn't take their chances. Greencastle let in a couple of bad goals and that was it. Strabane powered a head and deservely won the game. You took your chances, we as we didn't.

Hope to make it to Strabane for the second game. Hopefully be a better result ;)

Playing Moortown on Friday. Not good after the bad result yesterday.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

For those who are interested...

Minor Grade 2 semi-final in Greencastle tonight.

Owen Roes 1-13 Naomh Mhuire 1-14 (AET)

A cracking game, which was nip and tuck throughout. Thought we shaded it, but fair play to Naomh Mhuire. A lot of people come on and slag refs, but I thought the ref tonight was good. Gave us some we shouldn't of, and vice versa, but fair throughout. Came down heavy on the pick of the ground, and the back chat.

Heart breaking defeat for us, who are far from spoiled with Championship finals!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Ec, I was downhearted about our own performance. but I had to simply give errigal credit for the way they are developing this season.  Some older heads were magnificent and the 2 young lads up front are hot.  We have played every team bar Dromore this year and I have to say EC and Carmen are still and maybe more than last year streets ahead of the rest.  I missed PTG at 6 for the stiffs and I believe Packie is on his way back.   

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on July 03, 2007, 09:14:20 AM
Ec, I was downhearted about our own performance. but I had to simply give errigal credit for the way they are developing this season.  Some older heads were magnificent and the 2 young lads up front are hot.  We have played every team bar Dromore this year and I have to say EC and Carmen are still and maybe more than last year streets ahead of the rest.  I missed PTG at 6 for the stiffs and I believe Packie is on his way back.   

They seem to be going well but that can change so quickly as carmen discovered earlier even though as you say they are still a top team. Championship football can bite you hard and our boys will take nothing for granted. Looking forward to tonights minor championship semi. Should be a very close affair.

orangeman

We have to travel to Dromore friday night - Donaghmore have to go to Aygharan - who makes the fixtures ? Ridiculous ?

rrhf

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2007, 10:12:01 AM
We have to travel to Dromore friday night - Donaghmore have to go to Aygharan - who makes the fixtures ? Ridiculous ?

This is an absolute joke. Seniors are fixed to play away to Dromore on Friday night and the reserve championship final is fixed for Saturday evening another fine example of officaldom within the Tyrone administration.
Due to injury and suspension there will be a number of lads facing the possibility of 2 games in 24 hours - one of those acounty final.
What happened to the football free holiday period?

goal and a point

are you not free until sunday 22nd, 15 day break and then another 2 week break at the start of august. Doesnt justify having 2 games in 24 hours though

orangeman

Absolute pathetic - 2 games in 24 hours is a scandal in this day and age - we'll not get to many county finals this year - so to force 2 games is ridiculous ! I hope the board will see sense and agree to a postponement