The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Can any other Liverpool supporter see that Klopp IS NOT the man for the job or is it all blinkered?

Minus15

With all but a very select few,  a manager's time at any club comes to an end. Liverpool have progressed under Klopp and I have enough belief in him at the moment. Who knows that may change at some point in the future. That time has come with all managers Liverpool have had during my years supporting them.

J70

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 09:26:22 PM
Can any other Liverpool supporter see that Klopp IS NOT the man for the job or is it all blinkered?

So its either/or? Either you're blinkered or you're one of the "enlightened" ones who sees that Klopp is not up to it? There are no other options or categories?

Maroon Manc

Expectations were unrealistic after the great start Liverpool had although I'm very surprised at how bad they've been since January, missed the games the other night but Klopp rightly deserves to be criticised for starting Lucas at centre half for obvious reasons.

Klopp like every manager isn't going to get every signing right especially given he has a limited budget. As for his style of football, its easier for Mourinho to get results playing a more pragmatic style than the way Liverpool play now.

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 01:09:49 AM

So its either/or? Either you're blinkered or you're one of the "enlightened" ones who sees that Klopp is not up to it? There are no other options or categories?

Ok.
What does Klopp have to do to attract criticism from Liverpool supporters?
What is the acceptable place to finish in the league considering there are no cups coming because of the team he put out v Plymouth?

If he doesnt finish there does he continue on for another season without success?

AZOffaly

I think Klopp is getting criticism from Liverpool supporters. In fact on here you have criticism when it's merited.

What you don't have is the nonsense that he's useless and should be gotten rid of. I don't think that's a bad thing.

If he keeps making the same mistakes over and over, and if he doesn't address the obvious defensive flaws during the summer, then that criticism will be heightened. As he said himself, they are all playing for their future.

J70

Quote from: Taylor on March 01, 2017, 11:19:39 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 01:09:49 AM

Ok.
What does Klopp have to do to attract criticism from Liverpool supporters?
What is the acceptable place to finish in the league considering there are no cups coming because of the team he put out v Plymouth?

If he doesnt finish there does he continue on for another season without success?

He DOES get criticized. But you can criticize without demanding someone's head. Part of the problem with this thread is that any attempt to discuss his mistakes are hijacked by the "look at me, I've been saying Klopp is crap since Liverpool hired him and he should be fired" brigade.

As for acceptable finish, I can't say. There are six teams vying for four champions league spots. Two are going to miss out, perhaps by a point or two or even goal difference. Are those managers automatically supposed to be sacked? No matter what their starting point? Should Klopp be judged in the same manner as the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho, given their relative resources and squads?

I expect Klopp to get at least next season to right the ship, hopefully after some significant investment in the squad and first eleven. I have no problem with that.

The Stallion

"What you don't have is the nonsense that he's useless and should be gotten rid of."

The point is he IS useless and should be gotten rid of. If you all stopped to analyse his tenure you would see that. Instead everyone seems to be more concerned about being a "proper fan", and giving him time which is absurd.

Armamike

Finishing outside the top 4 this season while disapppointing, wouldn't put Klopp under extreme pressure.  I think most supporters will want to see how he sorts out the defence over the summer, and to see him backed by the owners to bring in new options.  If Liverpool go into next season with the same defensive issues and mixed results, he will be under a lot of pressure I think. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

He should have been sacked already.

nrico2006

Klopp is doing well to still be in a job in all seriousness.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2017, 09:17:47 AM

He's not Roy Hodgson in all seriousness

Taylor

A defeat on Saturday would widen the gap in making the top 4.
Pressure would really be on.

But then the pace & and appetite Liverpool have is usually phenomenal against other top 6 teams - its teams outside of this group that cause the issues

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2017, 09:17:47 AM

By that logic, Ponchettino and Mourinho are doing well too. They went through long stretches of poor results this season. A month ago Guardiola was being questioned.

AZOffaly

Sure Conte was being shown the door in September!