The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 12:31:12 PM
Yet again Klopp shows his worth is not much more than BR.

Many posters here should be eating humble pie.

Unlike myself & stallion who called it like it is

Humble pie me arse.

It's easy to sit and knee jerk every time a team goes through a bad patch.

Liverpool were a shambles when Klopp took over. He deserves the time to rebuild the squad and put a decent side together. Despite their recent loss of form, they're still well placed to get a top four spot, which was the aim this season.

What's the alternative? Bring in a new man and start over, yet again, every two seasons?

And despite your self reverence, no one is saying Klopp is faultless or doesn't make mistakes.

But out of interest, why don't you lay out what needs to happen or who needs to be brought in?

The Stallion

"It's easy to sit and knee jerk every time a team goes through a bad patch."

It's not a knee jerk reaction, I've been consistently saying this even when Liverpool were winning games.

"Liverpool were a shambles when Klopp took over. He deserves the time to rebuild the squad and put a decent side together. "

They're still a shambles. He's had approximately a year and a half and over 60 million to spend, not to mention he could have sold some of the dross to raise more funds, and Liverpool are still awful.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on February 28, 2017, 01:59:00 PM
"It's easy to sit and knee jerk every time a team goes through a bad patch."

It's not a knee jerk reaction, I've been consistently saying this even when Liverpool were winning games.

"Liverpool were a shambles when Klopp took over. He deserves the time to rebuild the squad and put a decent side together. "

They're still a shambles. He's had approximately a year and a half and over 60 million to spend, not to mention he could have sold some of the dross to raise more funds, and Liverpool are still awful.

If you were actually identifying significant problems with what Klopp is doing or has done, you might get someone to listen. "Klopp is a terrible manager" and little else to back that up is not really a viewpoint worth bothering with. You are an irritating background noise, at best. Someone who might turn out to be right, but not for any legitimate or thought out reason.

AZOffaly

Stop quoting him!!! It kills the Ignore

J70

The Stallion

I have identified multiple problems with what Klopp had done including, but not limited to:

Wasting over 60 million in one transfer window and only getting one good player out of it, in a position which was not high priority to strengthen.

Complete failure to strengthen three key weaknesses in the side, namely keeper, left back and central midfield.

Persisting with players who should have been sold or released as soon as possible such as Mignolet, Henderson, Milner, Origi, Lucas etc.

Giving a lucrative new contract to arguably the League's worst keeper, and apparently offering a 28 yr old Lallana a lengthy new contract despite him being past his peak and unlikely to be a regular starter beyond next season.

Complete inability to implement even the most limited defensive gameplan. Liverpool are an utter shambles at the back, even when winning games.

I could go on at some length, and probably will at some point.

Fuzzman

I'm sure yis don't want to hear from an Everton fan today but I think it's interesting how both new managers have approached rebuilding their teams.
It seemed from early season Klopp had transformed Liverpool into a very hard working attack minded team who played great football and were getting results. Of course I was jealous but I also enjoyed his crazy interviews etc.

Koeman, however, is much more slow, methodical, lacking in personality and seem to approach the job with making us hard to beat by focusing on stopping us conceding goals and depending on Lukaku for our goals.
Our two centre halves and keeper are not world class and make quite a lot of mistakes but with players like Gana, Coleman, Schneiderlin there is a lot of protection for that defence. So much so that Robles has grown in confidence and seems quite a good keeper now.

My point is to win or do well in the league I think you have to have either quite a good defence and score regularly or  have a few very good goal scorers in the team. Klopp doesn't seem to have put that much focus on fixing yer defensive frailties and with no 20+ goal striker they were always gonna run into problems in my eyes.
Big game at home to Arsenal at the weekend for them now though they've been doing well against the top 7 teams  ;)

Armamike

No fear whatsoever in meeting the top teams in the league. The meetings with anyone from the bottom 6 or so causes dread, for good reason.  These teams scrap for everything. Liverpool at the moment can't deal with that.
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

"Scrap for everything" is just a throwaway term used to excuse the inexcusable perfromances Liverpool have produced. They're teams with inferior players to Liverpool and if Klopp was a competent manager Liverpool would beat them comfortably. He isn't.

J70

Like I said Stallion... not much beyond "Klopp is a terrible manager".

60 million was NOT wasted. Most of that went on Mane and Wijnaldum, both very good buys so far. How anyone could think Mane hasn't had a major positive impact on the team or wasn't needed is beyond me, while Wijnaldum has done a good job as the fulcrum in the centre of midfield. Sure, we'd all like more strength in depth, but was the money available? They cleared a load of the dead wood, but you can't buy an entire squad in one summer. Lallana may have been shite last night, but he has had an excellent season overall, excelling in the centre of midfield. It would be GREAT if he's not guaranteed first team football next season - strength in depth is THE major issue with the squad. Do the major contracts end at the first eleven in other teams? What are Fabregas and Mata and Martial and Giroud on, for example?

As for left backs and keepers, who should Liverpool have got? They got a young, highly rated keeper. The jury is still out. They pursued a number of left backs but they were either unavailable or too expensive. It is clearly a problem that will be addressed this season, as will centre back, as when Lovren and Matip are not both playing, it's a disaster, and sometimes not too impressive when they are.

But the defensive issues don't mean the whole operation is doomed or Klopp won't succeed. It's been a Liverpool problem since Benitez left. When Rodgers left, Liverpool were neither scoring NOR defending. Up until xmas, the scoring problem had been more than solved. Right now, loss of form, injuries and the lack of depth and options to try something different are impacting goal scoring again.

Maybe Klopp doesn't recover it, I don't know. But bleating on about the contracts of two players or making shit up about wasting 60 million or spouting unrealistic, clueless bollocks about the fact that there are still players in the squad who are not top level does not prove you to be any kind of knowledgeable predictor of the fraud supposedly being perpetrated by Juergen Klopp.

Minus15

The Stallion

Delusional post of the month. Anyone who thinks Klopp spent 60 million well last Summer is as clueless as Klopp.

The Stallion

Feb 6th:
Predictable enough. I don't agree with you. I don't believe Klopp is a bad manager and I don't believe you have been right all along.

Today:
Last word reserved for the manager. Not good enough

Lol

Minus15

I read that the first time Stallion. Not much point in debating this further with you. Any person with a brain can see where I am coming from. It is ok to be annoyed at a manager and still think he is a good manager you know.

The Stallion

You still think Klopp is a good manager! I wonder how you're going to convince yourself you still believe this as the situation fails to improve over the coming year.

Can't wait to see it all unfurl.

YNWA