The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Quote from: tyroneman on August 15, 2012, 03:47:52 PM
The Sahin of Dortmund would be head and shoulders above every Liverpool MF player outside Gerrard (and even then it would be close),

If I was a manager with a free pick of a midfielder, I'd have Lucas before Gerrard. Taking into account age, injury records of course.

I also think Allen will prove a very astute signing - and it's not just because we signed him, I knew Henderson and Adam would flop.

deiseach

Has any player ever undergone a more dramatic transformation than Lucas? The boy couldn't kick snow off a rope three years ago. Hopefully that's not the player who returns!

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on August 16, 2012, 11:03:47 AM
Has any player ever undergone a more dramatic transformation than Lucas? The boy couldn't kick snow off a rope three years ago. Hopefully that's not the player who returns!

True.  You could say though that he had totally changed his role though since he arrived. When signed he was a goalscoring midfielder and had been named Brazil young player of the year for it. Benitez identified as his engine as been more suited to a covering role but it took time to get himself physically suited to this role and to learn it.

I often think that he played alongside with Masch too much and the midfield suffered - both played similar roles and often were stood beside each other. I remember in a Derby in 2010 at Anfield the Greek got sent off, Masch went right back and Lucas played the midfield role and both flourished and Everton never looked likely. Knows the role now and he can play a pass as well.

Vitally important he is back to were he left off to make any sort of challenge for Top 4.

nifan

Its where i base my hope for Henderson

J OGorman

Quote from: nifan on August 16, 2012, 11:27:41 AM

you never know, but his body language for me is all wrong. In my eyes, if a man doesnt put in a solid shift, he isnt allowed to walk off the pitch looking gimped.

onefaircounty

Quote from: J OGorman on August 16, 2012, 11:48:13 AM
Quote from: nifan on August 16, 2012, 11:27:41 AM

you never know, but his body language for me is all wrong. In my eyes, if a man doesnt put in a solid shift, he isnt allowed to walk off the pitch looking gimped.

This.

laoislad

Sahin deal suppose to be announced today and should be able play Saturday.
Some reports say loan only others say its a loan with an option to buy after the season loan.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 04:55:57 PM
Some reports say loan only others say its a loan with an option to buy after the season loan.

Some suggesting that Arsenal are making a final pitch to take him to the emirates and it not a done deal yet.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on August 16, 2012, 05:23:35 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 04:55:57 PM

Some suggesting that Arsenal are making a final pitch to take him to the emirates and it not a done deal yet.
Seen that.
Alonso and the Special one are trying to convince him to go to Liverpool apparently!
Really don't know much about him myself but all the forums are wetting themselves about him.

Capt Pat

It might not be a bad thing if he doesn't come to Liverpool on a pure loan deal. We mighr only be helping another team pick him up after a loan spell. Besides Gerrard Lucas and Allen are our midfield with Shelvey Spearing and Adam in reserve. We need a winger.

laoislad

Good start needed v West Brom on Saturday.
Our opening game last year v Sunderland set the tone for the rest of the season imo.
Missed peno, hit crossbar,should have been a few up then Sunderland equalise and the game ends in a draw and two points dropped it was really the story of the season right from the first game.
3 points needed to start off especially with City and United at home so early, oh and a tough game against Arsenal as well if they have any players left....

laoislad

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie, will now undergo a medical at Melwood.

Assaidi has represented his native Morocco 22 times since making his international debut in February 2011.

One of the highlights of his young career came in a 6-2 win over FC Twente in 2010 when he scored a hat-trick and assisted the other three goals.  

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 06:38:05 PM
Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie, will now undergo a medical at Melwood.

Assaidi has represented his native Morocco 22 times since making his international debut in February 2011.

One of the highlights of his young career came in a 6-2 win over FC Twente in 2010 when he scored a hat-trick and assisted the other three goals. 

Never heard of him

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2012, 06:44:13 PM

Never heard of him

You're not the only one!
I'm sure he is world class though ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 06:45:20 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2012, 06:44:13 PM

Never heard of him

You're not the only one!
I'm sure he is world class though ;)

Well I actually saw him against.....nah never heard of him but with a name like that I'm sure he'll be able to bomb down the flanks and produce a rocket like shot!