The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
Anyone see game today?

I heard Sterling scored a cracker.

Sterling score an absolute beaut in the first minute or two.

Lucas scored a tap in, and Carroll knocked in a 25 yarder late on that the keeper should have saved. Leverkusen scored a consolation after that.

A decent all round performance, nobody standing out as brilliant or brutal from the bits I saw.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on August 13, 2012, 08:30:06 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
Anyone see game today?

I heard Sterling scored a cracker.

Sterling score an absolute beaut in the first minute or two.

Lucas scored a tap in, and Carroll knocked in a 25 yarder late on that the keeper should have saved. Leverkusen scored a consolation after that.

A decent all round performance, nobody standing out as brilliant or brutal from the bits I saw.

Good win and this season the pre-season seems more positive than it has been for a number of years. Playing simple but effective football and in Sterling there is a genuine little gem who could be a serious game changer for the last 20 minutes of a game and maybe the management see him as the squad replacement for Bellamy. His goal was quality and showed plenty of maturity. Carroll hit his shot well but keeper should have saved it. He looked up for it though and looked in much better shape than last year. I am torn about him but will back him 100%. If the manager wants him to stay well and good but if he needs to sell for more money to buy players he wants then I would rather Carroll goes instead of Agger.

Rameriz deal is very much specualtion but would be a huge coup if it does happen.  Good player who would fit in well with Saurez and Borinin.

Hound

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 13, 2012, 09:02:36 AM
Good win and this season the pre-season seems more positive than it has been for a number of years.

Hmm. I recall a lot of positivity around the start of last season, not unreasonably considering the manner in which they finished the 2010/11 season - remember the way they battered Fulham?

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on August 13, 2012, 10:18:39 AM
Good win and this season the pre-season seems more positive than it has been for a number of years.

Hmm. I recall a lot of positivity around the start of last season, not unreasonably considering the manner in which they finished the 2010/11 season - remember the way they battered Fulham?

I'd imagine what BC1 is referring to is the actual results and displays themselves. The US tour was a bit of write-off with so many missing and was more about fitness. In other years the foreign trips have been a waste of time as well.

But the European games and yesterday was better than previous years - few goals scored and defence looking solid, team seems to be grasping BR system but I'd hold off until mid september until we know what the story is.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 13, 2012, 10:27:50 AM
Quote from: deiseach on August 13, 2012, 10:18:39 AM

I'd imagine what BC1 is referring to is the actual results and displays themselves. The US tour was a bit of write-off with so many missing and was more about fitness. In other years the foreign trips have been a waste of time as well.

But the European games and yesterday was better than previous years - few goals scored and defence looking solid, team seems to be grasping BR system but I'd hold off until mid september until we know what the story is.

Yeah, that's exactly where I am coming from.  They were beaten last year by Hull and Galatasary and looked disjpinted.  The previous year they didn't win any pe-season games and didn't score a single goal.  this year there seems to be a bit more of a verve about them and they certainly seem to be enjoying the style that BR is trying to implement.  It is by no way a clear indication that all will be rosey but in my view it is certainly better on the field.  So long as the stuff off the field can be sorted and the squad settled then the season can start in a positive fashion.

el_cuervo_fc

Off AS.com http://t.co/V8IKGgF5

Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre is in Spain at the moment to secure the loan of Nuri Sahin and Barcelona's Cristian Tello. The Turkish player is high on the wanted list of Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager, and there has already been contact between the two clubs.
LIGA BBVA | REAL MADRID
Liverpool travel to Spain to arrange Sahin loan
The Reds have got the advantage over Arsenal.

Sahin is also in Arsenal's sights, but there's optimism on Merseyside that Anfield is the player's preferred destination. Rodgers could give him the minutes that he wouldn't get at Madrid. He sees Sahin as a perfect addition to a midfield which will be confident moving the ball. "My goal is to play attractive football", said the manager when he was presented at the club. With this in mind, he's already signed Swansea's Jose Allen (22 years old) to join Lucas Leiva (25) and he wants Sahin (23) to be the icing on the cake. Liverpool see the loan option as a good one as they're having difficulty attracting top players without a Champions League place for this season.

Key. Another factor which could swing things forLiverpool is the friendship between Mourinho and Rodgers. The Portuguese named him youth team manager at Chelsea in 2004 and later promoted him to the reserve team. "Rodgers will bring back Liverpool's glory days", said the man from Setúbal. Madrid are hoping to confirm Sahin's loan to the Premier League this week and the managing director of Liverpool is in Spain to make sure he'll wear a red shirt.

Tony Baloney

Anyone at Ravenhill the night? What sort of team fielded?

gawa316

Heard it was 2 nil at half time with Suso and Morgan scoring, seems to be the ressies/youth team

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on August 14, 2012, 10:23:04 PM
Heard it was 2 nil at half time with Suso and Morgan scoring, seems to be the ressies/youth team
Finished 3-1. Mostly youngsters.

el_cuervo_fc

Finished 3 1 Eccleston with the third.

michaelg

Liverpool Under 21 team with no first team players according to BBC NI news - What a rip off - Am I right in saying tickets were about twenty notes? 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: michaelg on August 14, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
Liverpool Under 21 team with no first team players according to BBC NI news - What a rip off - Am I right in saying tickets were about twenty notes?
About that. I tried to get tickets but the website crashed and had sold out by time it was fixed. Glad now.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2012, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 14, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
About that. I tried to get tickets but the website crashed and had sold out by time it was fixed. Glad now.

I think tickets were a tenner.  What did people expect 4 days before the new season kicks off and a few days after a full friendly?  Still good to see Morgan and Suso picking up goals no matter what the opposition were like.