The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Thats crazy price for a full friendly, never mind a U19 friendly.

I looked at the Liverpool game in Ravenhill but when I seen the date and also that International fixtures were on I assumed it was the Reserves who would be over and give it a miss. If it was in Dundalk or Drogheda, I'd have went. Dundalk actually played the Chelsea reserves last night.

Still linked with this Sahin fella from Madrid on loan. Can't say I know much about him but he would be considered a midfielder playmaker which would fit with what is needed. Madrid keen to keep him, hence they have a 5 year deal with him on a good wage, so a loan will suit them.

Hound

When you see "Liverpool XI" you know its not the real team. Liverpool certainly never billed it as anything other than a second string / U21 team, but Crusaders and Ulster weren't going to play it down. When Ulster announced on their website that the game was going to be played in Ravenhill they said "Brendan Rodgers is expected to bring a strong side" !

Rumours re Sahin are gathering ferocious pace this morning.
Tello gone a bit quieter.
The Dempsey-Adam swap (plus cash to be paid by LFC) seems to be stalling as Charlie doesn't really want to leave.

ballinaman

Sahin would be a serious acquirement. Great shot in the arm for LFC if goes through.

Hound

Quote from: ballinaman on August 15, 2012, 11:14:16 AM
Sahin would be a serious acquirement. Great shot in the arm for LFC if goes through.

Two things are quietening my excitemnt

1. The third last word in your post - IF !

2. I don't think he's quite as good as some are saying. Its not a Real Madrid midfielder we MIGHT be getting, its a chap who can't get into the Real Madrid midfield.

Still should improve LFC, IF he does come, and would certainly be better if he came to LFC rather than to Arsenal!

Bingo

Quote from: Hound on August 15, 2012, 12:16:23 PM

Two things are quietening my excitemnt

1. The third last word in your post - IF !

2. I don't think he's quite as good as some are saying. Its not a Real Madrid midfielder we MIGHT be getting, its a chap who can't get into the Real Madrid midfield.

Still should improve LFC, IF he does come, and would certainly be better if he came to LFC rather than to Arsenal!

There is always an IF in these deals. But not getting into a Real Madrid team is no great shame - they've moved on Sneijder, VDV, Robben, Gago, Adebayor, Raul, Negredo, Saviola among others have been sold or loaned on by Real in recent seasons and have done just grand since they left.

But I know little or that about Sahin, time will tell, let him join first and then I can run him down  ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Very good player at Dortmund alright but it's not exactly a position of weakness for Liverpool. Already have Lucas, Gerrard, Allen. Even Adam, Shelvey and Spearing can fill in there. That said you wouldn't turn him down if he helped you get back into Champions League football.

Tello I'm unsure about. Great prospect but sounds like he doesn't really want to leave Barca even on loan and especially not abroad. Not keen on having players that don't really want to be at the club. Even if it's only on loan.

tyroneman

The Sahin of Dortmund would be head and shoulders above every Liverpool MF player outside Gerrard (and even then it would be close), lets not forget Wenger earmarked him as having all the potential at 19 to be one of the worlds elite (can't understand why he hasn't signed and sealed him for Arsenal already tbh)

He was injured for the majority of last season and found it very difficult to break into a title winning side. If he could get back to 80% of what he was in Germany he would provide serious impetus to LFC becoming a top 4 team again. Sahin and Gerrard could work very well together.

No idea why they bought Allen though....very average player, Henderson all over again, not going to improve that MF

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 15, 2012, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2012, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 14, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
Liverpool Under 21 team with no first team players according to BBC NI news - What a rip off - Am I right in saying tickets were about twenty notes?
About that. I tried to get tickets but the website crashed and had sold out by time it was fixed. Glad now.

I think tickets were a tenner.  What did people expect 4 days before the new season kicks off and a few days after a full friendly?  Still good to see Morgan and Suso picking up goals no matter what the opposition were like.

Was dragged (or drugged) to the game last night by two pool men, fair enough game and was impressed by Suso and the center half, not sure his name. Crusaders played fairly well and was grand for a tenner. Though I think Crusaders picked up a few injuries. Place was sold out and the beer tents were closed FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2012, 04:02:28 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 15, 2012, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2012, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 14, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
Liverpool Under 21 team with no first team players according to BBC NI news - What a rip off - Am I right in saying tickets were about twenty notes?
About that. I tried to get tickets but the website crashed and had sold out by time it was fixed. Glad now.

I think tickets were a tenner.  What did people expect 4 days before the new season kicks off and a few days after a full friendly?  Still good to see Morgan and Suso picking up goals no matter what the opposition were like.

Was dragged (or drugged) to the game last night by two pool men, fair enough game and was impressed by Suso and the center half, not sure his name. Crusaders played fairly well and was grand for a tenner. Though I think Crusaders picked up a few injuries. Place was sold out and the beer tents were closed FFS

I'd say the centre half was probably big Andre Wisdom.

Bingo

Talk that Sahin has decided on Liverpool for a years loan, to be announced tonight or early tomorrow as he is on international duty.

laoislad

Will there be a option to buy clause for a certain amount put into this loan deal?
It be a shame to have to hand him back if he turns into a sensation for us!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

under the bar

QuoteVery good player at Dortmund alright but it's not exactly a position of weakness for Liverpool. Already have Lucas, Gerrard, Allen. Even Adam, Shelvey and Spearing can fill in there. That said you wouldn't turn him down if he helped you get back into Champions League football.

I think you may need to lower your sights a little GBB!

Capt Pat

That signing helps the Liverpool midfield out which clearly wasn't good enough last year. Adam might be on his way now.

DownFanatic

Sahin will prove to be the signing of the season. Mark my words.

onefaircounty

Quote from: tyroneman on August 15, 2012, 03:47:52 PM
The Sahin of Dortmund would be head and shoulders above every Liverpool MF player outside Gerrard (and even then it would be close),

If I was a manager with a free pick of a midfielder, I'd have Lucas before Gerrard. Taking into account age, injury records of course.

I also think Allen will prove a very astute signing - and it's not just because we signed him, I knew Henderson and Adam would flop.