The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norabeag

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 11:00:36 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 16, 2012, 07:16:55 PM
Feature on Liverpool on 5Live at 9.30 - 10.30 tonight  Interview with owner and Joe Cole.

Did anyone listen to this?
Do 5live have a podcast that this might be on?
Must admit I listened to it. Was a good laugh. Gary Gillespie said Liverpool were playing "Ticky Tacky" ( I quote) football long before Barcelona or the Spanish National team. Have been looking at old Pathe News Reels but havent come across it yet.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: norabeag on August 16, 2012, 11:54:43 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 11:00:36 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 16, 2012, 07:16:55 PM
Feature on Liverpool on 5Live at 9.30 - 10.30 tonight  Interview with owner and Joe Cole.

Did anyone listen to this?
Do 5live have a podcast that this might be on?
Must admit I listened to it. Was a good laugh. Gary Gillespie said Liverpool were playing "Ticky Tacky" ( I quote) football long before Barcelona or the Spanish National team. Have been looking at old Pathe News Reels but havent come across it yet.

He's right.

Nobody called it anything though. They just used to keep the ball better than anyone else. Including Spanish sides.

Captain Obvious

I think Johan Cruyff started the tiki-taka in Spain.

nifan

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 17, 2012, 01:38:21 AM
He's right.

Nobody called it anything though. They just used to keep the ball better than anyone else. Including Spanish sides.

Pass and move (its the liverpool groove)?

AZOffaly

Playing triangles I think Bob Paisley called it. Liverpool were trailblazers in the patient keep ball game in an English context anyway. It helped we could pass it back to Ray Clemence as well :)

That made Rafa's sit back and counter strategy harder to accept for some people, and it's why Rogers will have a chance to succeed given time.

gawa316

Seems like Gaston Ramirez is away to the Saints...didn't see that coming

Bingo

Season Prediction:

Liverpool to finish 5th but not be far off the top 4.
United - 1 Chelsea - 2 City  - 3 (Mancini gone with poor CL results) Arsenal  - 4 Liverpool - 5 (about 5/6 points off 4th).

Agger and Adam to leave shortly.

Players to impress: Lucas, Suraez and Borini to be hits.
Surpirse Hit: Think Downing could surprise us and have a decent season, well miles better than last year.
Player to struggle: Skrtel - not to hit last seasons highs, Carroll - if not sold to struggle to get starts.

Rodgers - a step in the right direction for the club, they'll score goals but will struggle at the bac with a lot of chopping and changing in back 4 if Agger is sold. Defensive struggles will see wins ending up as draws in a season that see the top teams pull further away from the also rans.

Dark Horses for Top Half: QPR
Big team to struggle: Newcastle - fall from grace

Who knows though, time will tell and the bookies won't be fearing any of the above.

Lecale2

QuoteRodgers - a step in the right direction for the club, they'll score goals but will struggle at the bac with a lot of chopping and changing in back 4 if Agger is sold. Defensive struggles will see wins ending up as draws in a season that see the top teams pull further away from the also rans.

+ 1. he needs more than one season.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on August 17, 2012, 09:39:07 AM
Season Prediction:

United - 1 Chelsea - 2 City  - 3 (Mancini gone with poor CL results) Arsenal  - 4 Liverpool - 5 (about 5/6 points off 4th).

Surpirse Hit: Think Downing could surprise us and have a decent season, well miles better than last year.
Player to struggle: Skrtel - not to hit last seasons highs, Carroll - if not sold to struggle to get starts.

Rodgers - a step in the right direction for the club, they'll score goals but will struggle at the bac with a lot of chopping and changing in back 4 if Agger is sold. Defensive struggles will see wins ending up as draws in a season that see the top teams pull further away from the also rans.

Who knows though, time will tell and the bookies won't be fearing any of the above.

Bingo, I agree with most of that, in fact it almost mirrors my thinking to be honest. Not sure about Arsenal finishing fourth though, unless they are a lot more stable all round than they were last year, when RVP dragged them out of a lot of issues. I can see Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fighting for 4th, but possible finishing 4 Spurs, 5 Arsenal, 6 Liverpool, but only a few points covering the three. I think the top 3 will be 10-12 points clear of 4th.

I also feel/fear that Gerrard may struggle, especially in Liverpool's by now traditional crappy pre-Christmas period. I hate when he plays international competitions, and I can almost guarantee an injury in September/October.

I don't think Agger will go, but I think Adam will.

I think Martin Kelly will continue to develop. I think Carra will be seen less and less.

I also think Borini could be a hit, and if he is, I expect Carroll to leave in January.

Bensars

Today fm podcasts > radio roy serbia  from yesterday. The forward about 2 mins to Mario doing Stevie G and his analysis of the season.  Sums it up nicely

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on August 16, 2012, 05:23:35 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2012, 04:55:57 PM
Sahin deal suppose to be announced today and should be able play Saturday.
Some reports say loan only others say its a loan with an option to buy after the season loan.

Some suggesting that Arsenal are making a final pitch to take him to the emirates and it not a done deal yet.

Looks like he has chosen Arsenal.

Minder

According to Tony Barrett Liverpool are no longer interested in Dempsey.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thewobbler

Quote from: Bingo on August 17, 2012, 09:39:07 AM
Season Prediction:

I'm pretty sure I asked you this on another thread, but what on earth has convinced you that Liverpool will gain 17 points on Spurs this season, and finish above Spurs?

There's no logic behind it. The gap was huge last year. It'll still be big this year.

under the bar

QuoteAccording to Tony Barrett Liverpool are no longer interested in Dempsey

Maybe Dempsey just preferred to stay at a club with potential?

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on August 17, 2012, 10:11:46 PM
According to Tony Barrett Liverpool are no longer interested in Dempsey.

Clint has put himself in a bit of a corner so, he told Fulham he didn't want to play for them anymore!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.