All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backofthehand

I'd say Kildare v Meath on monday, Tyrone v Dublin on its own possibly Saturday and other two a double header Sunday.

tyroneman

Dont like the parallels with 2008 - a provincial champion, having easily won thier title meets a hardened team from the qualifiers, who started poorly, scraped a few games and is now building up a head of steam, by taking a big name down.....

omagh_gael

I couldn't imagine it being a double header? Surely it would make sense for ourselves to play a stand alone with the two Munster teams QF's a double header and Meath v Kildare on bank holiday monday?

Ok with the drop in Dublins support this year it won't be a full house but surely enough interest will be raised to warrant a stand alone game.

Do all the QF's have to be played in Croke Park?

Hardy

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2010, 07:18:36 PM
Tyrones enemy in this game would have been complacency.

What would Tyrone have to be complacent about?

Zulu

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2010, 07:57:27 PM
I couldn't imagine it being a double header? Surely it would make sense for ourselves to play a stand alone with the two Munster teams QF's a double header and Meath v Kildare on bank holiday monday?

Ok with the drop in Dublins support this year it won't be a full house but surely enough interest will be raised to warrant a stand alone game.

Yeah I agree with this, Dubs v Tyrone on the Saturday and Kildare v Meath on the Monday.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on July 25, 2010, 08:01:59 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Will get a very poor crowd if a saturday. If they want to get 50k it will have to be sunday. No chance on saturday. Too many working on saturdays now.

Yeah I agree with this, Dubs v Tyrone on the Saturday and Kildare v Meath on the Monday.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2010, 07:59:49 PM

Tyrones enemy in this game would have been complacency.

What would Tyrone have to be complacent about?

Quarter finals tend to be dodgy ground for provincial winners, especially those who have had a relatively smooth run through their province. Tyrone v Meath 2007 is a case in point.

orangeman

Dublin hammered Tyrone in the league in Omagh. Don't write off the Dubs in their home patch.

Tyrone have had some encounters with the Dubs as past few years.

It should be a great atmosphere again.

2 double headers as far as I hear on Saturday and Sunday.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2010, 08:17:00 PM
Dublin hammered Tyrone in the league in Omagh. Don't write off the Dubs in their home patch.

Tyrone have had some encounters with the Dubs as past few years.

It should be a great atmosphere again.

2 double headers as far as I hear on Saturday and Sunday.

2 triple headers I've heard. 2 minor quarters as well being played. No stand alone fixture.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shrewdness

omagh_gael

If that's the case then my guess is:

Tyrone v Kerry (minor) 12pm

Kerry v Down 2pm

Tyrone v Dublin 4pm

magickingdom

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 07:23:01 PM
I think this is the perfect draw for us, no disrespect to the Dubs. Tyrones enemy in this game would have been complacency. A packed Croker and the sight of the light blue jerseys will dispell any notion of complacency and should stoke the fire in the belly.

The two Mc Mahons will be deployed to curb B Brogan with Justy shadowing and Joe sweeping.

Only form line available would be Armagh. With the dubs scraping by the Orchard whilst Monaghan destroyed them and ourselves going on to comprehensively beat the Farney. However, this will more than likely be irrelevant come match day.

Already looking forward to this, should be a great day out as it's always a bit special meeting the Dubs on a big championship day.
Packed house? Where exactly? Its going to be a double header from what i'm hearing.

dublin v tyrone will surely be stand alone, its going to pull 65-70k low water, i wouldnt be surprised in the least if it sells out

Fuzzman

I'd be worried meeting Down in the final alright.

Elias

Quote from: tyroneman on July 25, 2010, 07:52:54 PM
Don't like the parallels with 2008 - a provincial champion, having easily won their title meets a hardened team from the qualifiers, who started poorly, scraped a few games and is now building up a head of steam, by taking a big name down.....

This is exactly what I thought when the draw was made. Dublin have been embarrassed in the 1/4's the last two years running and this match is the perfect opportunity for them to put those defeats behind them. I'm certainly not writing them off.