All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Interesting column from Liam Hayes this morning. A lot of what he says is actually true but as usual comes out with a line or two which is complete bollix! His latest being "we can be pretty sure that Colm Cavanagh, Joe McMahon or Brian Dooher, for starters, would never have had inter county careers if they had been born outside of Tyrone". Another few lines include "Dooher still doesnt look like a county footballer" and Monaghan had "ten footballers who were more skillful, more athletic, and also stronger on the ball, than their opposite numbers in Tyrone shirts".

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 25, 2010, 01:09:40 PM
Interesting column from Liam Hayes this morning. A lot of what he says is actually true but as usual comes out with a line or two which is complete bollix! His latest being "we can be pretty sure that Colm Cavanagh, Joe McMahon or Brian Dooher, for starters, would never have had inter county careers if they had been born outside of Tyrone". Another few lines include "Dooher still doesnt look like a county footballer" and Monaghan had "ten footballers who were more skillful, more athletic, and also stronger on the ball, than their opposite numbers in Tyrone shirts".

...And no that isn't Rory Woods eating a duck egg.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

snoopdog

Down, Dublin, Kildare, Roscommon and Meath are just there to make up the numbers 1 may be luck to get to a Semi but thats about it.
As a Down man our best chance of a semi is Meath or Roscommon but i think we are better than what we showed in the Ulster semi. But dont fancy being strangled again so soon.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Sunday August 22nd: All-Ireland Semi-final: Ulster v Connacht

Winner of Roscommon vs  Cork
vs
Winner of Tyrone vs  Dublin

Sunday August 29th: All-Ireland semi-final: Leinster v Munster

Winner of Kerry vs Down
vs
Winner of Meath vs  Kildare

tyroneboi

Dublin, Cork and then Kerry - certainly be winning it the hard way!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 25, 2010, 01:09:40 PM
thats a load of balls - I read it too and hes talking out of his spinchter again.
Dooher was a star on the minor sides.
I heard about 'young ' Joe McMahon from an omagh ex work colleague of mine from when Joe was about 16 - so he's far from a flash in the pan and wouldnt have made it elsewhere !
Cant comment on McCarron, but given hayes inability to spot a footballer, I would expect he is on a par with McMahon or dooher stories!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 25, 2010, 07:02:54 PM
Dublin, Cork and then Kerry - certainly be winning it the hard way!
thats the way Harte would want it !

anyhow an AI isnt really worth much unless you beat both Dublin and Kerry and/or Cork !!

umpire

Canalman

Really hope we don't get a hiding here. A defeat of 5/6 points would be acceptable imo.

However, Tyrone's braggartism might give the Dubs a slight chance.

However, it is great to be going into a big game totally written off.Traditionally we have done well in these scenarios.

omagh_gael

I think this is the perfect draw for us, no disrespect to the Dubs. Tyrones enemy in this game would have been complacency. A packed Croker and the sight of the light blue jerseys will dispell any notion of complacency and should stoke the fire in the belly.

The two Mc Mahons will be deployed to curb B Brogan with Justy shadowing and Joe sweeping.

Only form line available would be Armagh. With the dubs scraping by the Orchard whilst Monaghan destroyed them and ourselves going on to comprehensively beat the Farney. However, this will more than likely be irrelevant come match day.

Already looking forward to this, should be a great day out as it's always a bit special meeting the Dubs on a big championship day.

INDIANA

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2010, 07:18:36 PM
I think this is the perfect draw for us, no disrespect to the Dubs. Tyrones enemy in this game would have been complacency. A packed Croker and the sight of the light blue jerseys will dispell any notion of complacency and should stoke the fire in the belly.

The two Mc Mahons will be deployed to curb B Brogan with Justy shadowing and Joe sweeping.

Only form line available would be Armagh. With the dubs scraping by the Orchard whilst Monaghan destroyed them and ourselves going on to comprehensively beat the Farney. However, this will more than likely be irrelevant come match day.

Already looking forward to this, should be a great day out as it's always a bit special meeting the Dubs on a big championship day.
Packed house? Where exactly? Its going to be a double header from what i'm hearing.