All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 04, 2010, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 04, 2010, 12:57:44 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 03, 2010, 11:24:55 PM
Alot of "woe is me" and the "the end is nigh" remarks on this thread.

Firstly, and I know how this is going to sound, but can be we stop blaming lack of success at U-21 for defeat to Dublin. The roll of honour includes Dublin, Cork, Mayo and Galway who are hardly glowing successes at AI level yet. Winning U-21's is important but hardly vital. Also the statistics show how difficult it is to follow minor success with U-21. In fact its almost take one or the other. If you are going to criticise the management then it should be on the basis of the U-21's preformances and not the seniors.

Secondly, does anyone really believe we had a technically inferior starting 15 to the dubs?? The key to our defeat was not in resources but in tactics, desire and most importantly the championship format. Harte is smart enough to know this, that is why it is such a bug bear to him. Dublin got all the breaks going into the match, underdog tag, momentum, a defeat which exposed their flaws and allowed management to fix their system and line-up and also the crucial few run outs in croke park which allow you to adapt to a environment completely different to all the others in Ireland.

Tyrone lost this AI when we let ourselves beat Down in the Ulster Championship. Had we had the self control to pace ourselves for the long run, fly under the radar and demolish some softer teams whilst honing our formation and tactics then we would be in the AI semi's. End-off.

What a load of rubbish....If you are good enough you will win, if you aren't you won't....that's like Dublin saying that thye lost in previous years due to the format of the championship rather than not being good enough...

No harm DFS, but what you are after saying is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in a while.  If our view was correct, then there would be no point in sport being played competitively.  The best team/individual or team with better players don't always win, if that was the case why should the like of Wolves or Burnley even travel to Chelsea or Man Utd in football, or why should any other golfer other than Toger Woods even sign up to compete in a tournament he is playing in.

The part highlighted in bold is what I think is rubbish...they could have ended up playing Cork in the next round and been out a lot earlier

Main Street

I had all the 1/4 final games recorded and just caught up with all the games yesterday evening/night/early morning. Had managed to avoid all news inferences.
Great performance by the Dubs to beat the team flush with pedigree. First time is years that I have thoroughly enjoyed a Dub's championship game. I hope the hype doesn't topple them before the semi final as they are well capable of beating a strongish Cork team.

rrhf

Quote from: trileacman on August 03, 2010, 11:24:55 PM
Alot of "woe is me" and the "the end is nigh" remarks on this thread.

Firstly, and I know how this is going to sound, but can be we stop blaming lack of success at U-21 for defeat to Dublin. The roll of honour includes Dublin, Cork, Mayo and Galway who are hardly glowing successes at AI level yet. Winning U-21's is important but hardly vital. Also the statistics show how difficult it is to follow minor success with U-21. In fact its almost take one or the other. If you are going to criticise the management then it should be on the basis of the U-21's preformances and not the seniors.

Secondly, does anyone really believe we had a technically inferior starting 15 to the dubs?? The key to our defeat was not in resources but in tactics, desire and most importantly the championship format. Harte is smart enough to know this, that is why it is such a bug bear to him. Dublin got all the breaks going into the match, underdog tag, momentum, a defeat which exposed their flaws and allowed management to fix their system and line-up and also the crucial few run outs in croke park which allow you to adapt to a environment completely different to all the others in Ireland.

Tyrone lost this AI when we let ourselves beat Down in the Ulster Championship. Had we had the self control to pace ourselves for the long run, fly under the radar and demolish some softer teams whilst honing our formation and tactics then we would be in the AI semi's. End-off.

What a load of crap.  As you seem to be in the know sir, can you tell me the under 21 management are throwing their hat in for 2011? Nobody was criticising the outgoing under 21 management that I read.  Maybe we should pull up the performances this year if you wish to discuss or defend them?   

trileacman

Quote from: Puckoon on August 04, 2010, 12:20:15 AM
Or simlarly we could have lost to Down and faced Cork in the next round - neither scenario leaves you in good shape.
By today's showing it would habe been a greatly prefered route to the one we took. I'm telling you, front door football is suicide.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014