All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Tyrone v Kildare - Kildare have a sense of revenge for last year's close call. But a tired and drained Monaghan scored 1-10 today.
Tyrone v Down - Will probably be an awful match. Again, Down have cause for revenge. Benny and Marty will want to wipe out their performances in Casement.
Tyrone v Cork - How will Cork recover from their recent exertions. Tyrone have unfinished business and a good way to eradicate complacency after the Ulster Final.
Tyrone v Dublin - bring out the best (sometimes the worst) in both. Team Dublin are not the fancy dans they were under Pillar and are building momentum weekly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Monaghan scored  1-2 when the game was done and dusted, I wouldn't fear any side left but sooner get a crack at ye in the semi....
#newbridgeornowhere

Fuzzman

I was at Croker today and the standard of football from all 4 teams was dreadful
Aimless kicking and not much intensity and we actually left early as did thousands others it was that poor

I didn't get too see the whole Cork game but from 60 mins on they didn't look great.

Down would be interesting again alright but Cork might be vulnerable at this stage before they get time to build up a head of steam.

clarshack

Quote from: AFS on July 24, 2010, 09:36:29 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 09:16:16 PM
still think cork is the best possible draw for tyrone.

dublin, kildare and down have all gained momentum whereas this cork team are crying out to be beaten.

plus we only beat down 2 games ago so we dont want them again so soon.

we owe cork big time for last year.

Just like Kerry at the same stage last year...

aye but cork dont have big game players/WINNERS like gooch, star or declan o'sullivan.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 24, 2010, 11:07:27 PM
I was at Croker today and the standard of football from all 4 teams was dreadful
Aimless kicking and not much intensity and we actually left early as did thousands others it was that poor

I didn't get too see the whole Cork game but from 60 mins on they didn't look great.

Down would be interesting again alright but Cork might be vulnerable at this stage before they get time to build up a head of steam.

The fact that both games were over with 20 mins to go didn't help.
The quarters will be a much better standard.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mountainboii

Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 11:13:57 PM
Quote from: AFS on July 24, 2010, 09:36:29 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 09:16:16 PM
still think cork is the best possible draw for tyrone.

dublin, kildare and down have all gained momentum whereas this cork team are crying out to be beaten.

plus we only beat down 2 games ago so we dont want them again so soon.

we owe cork big time for last year.

Just like Kerry at the same stage last year...

aye but cork dont have big game players/WINNERS like gooch, star or declan o'sullivan.

They've about 15 players that won a big game against Tyrone last year.

Mickeys beard

After today's games, I would have to say that Kildare would be ideal for Tyrone.  They were very jaded looking bar Kavanagh and have yet to taste success against Tyrone at this stage.  Next up would be down as they aren't strong enough all over the field and have crumbled against Tyrone already due to inexperience. Dublin are lookin a bit more balanced this year but can the break the hoodoo?  Cork would show Tyrone no respect and would be the toughest of the four but looking tired-would be some game though. 
Boil the Drawers!

Mr. Nakata

Can anyone enlighten Nakata as to when the draw will take place, what time and is it televised? Lot of Tyrone fans really fancy another crack at the rebels. I'm not one of them.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Limerick were atrocious today and Cork weren't much better. Kildare and Dublin both kicked massive amount of wides and can't see Down do anything different in a replay, don't care how much they put past Sligo today.

Dublin pose the biggest threat to Tyrone with their early intensity, but they're far from the finished article. Would like to see Kerry draw Dublin and meath draw Cork.

Kildare are a big team with plenty of scoring ability, but they'll easily let in a bagful.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on July 24, 2010, 11:54:46 PM
Can anyone enlighten Nakata as to when the draw will take place, what time and is it televised? Lot of Tyrone fans really fancy another crack at the rebels. I'm not one of them.

6.40pm tomorrow on RTE 2

Jinxy

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 25, 2010, 12:42:14 AM

Limerick were atrocious today and Cork weren't much better. Kildare and Dublin both kicked massive amount of wides and can't see Down do anything different in a replay, don't care how much they put past Sligo today.

Dublin pose the biggest threat to Tyrone with their early intensity, but they're far from the finished article. Would like to see Kerry draw Dublin and meath draw Cork.

Kildare are a big team with plenty of scoring ability, but they'll easily let in a bagful.

I think Cork barely scraped by Louth before beating Sligo and then destroying us in 2007.
I wouldn't pay much heed to the Limerick game today.
Limerick are the sort of team Cork hate playing against.
Sets them up perfectly for a big performance the next day.
Whoever gets them in the quarters is gone I reckon.

clarshack

Quote from: Jinxy on July 25, 2010, 01:05:01 AM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 25, 2010, 12:42:14 AM

I think Cork barely scraped by Louth before beating Sligo and then destroying us in 2007.
I wouldn't pay much heed to the Limerick game today.
Limerick are the sort of team Cork hate playing against.
Sets them up perfectly for a big performance the next day.
Whoever gets them in the quarters is gone I reckon.

even tyrone?

Jinxy

nrico2006

Quote from: Zulu on July 24, 2010, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
I wouldn't agree Puck. I was at the semi and I didn't think Cork produced anything we hadn't seen before and they only lost the final by 3 or 4 pointswhen there was no score in the last ten minutes. In other words they were in a decent position with ten minutes to go and Kerry got bodies back which cork didn't have the guile to break down. It should be remembered that Cork will probably have a new FF, new FB and one new midfielder, a different center back and a different half forward line this year. They are a team in progression and are getting better every year, I wouldn't say that is true of either Tyrone or Kerry.

Id agree with this - at the very least at first glance. Its whether Tyrone or Kerry are deteriorating that is dangerous for them.

That's the important point I think. Tyrone and Kerry have at least plateaued I think (if their still improving then the rest will never win an AI again!) but are the deteriorating and if so by how much. I think both have gone back a bit from what they were, they must have and the question is have they gone back enough to be beaten? I think they have and I think there are question marks over this version of both Tyrone and Kerry. Many have asked about the quality of teh opposition Cork have met well the same could be asked of Tyrone. Armaghs defeat to an out od sorts Dublin puts Monaghans abilities into question. Have Tyrone really beaten anyone of note? It's developing into a fascinating championship.

Armagh were beat by a cricket score by Monaghan, Dublin barely beat Armagh.  Don't see where this optimism is coming from regarding Dublin, they have beat none of the major players and are reliant on one player up front.  Not a chance they will reach the final never mind win the AI.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 25, 2010, 10:02:54 AM
Quote from: Zulu on July 24, 2010, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
I wouldn't agree Puck. I was at the semi and I didn't think Cork produced anything we hadn't seen before and they only lost the final by 3 or 4 pointswhen there was no score in the last ten minutes. In other words they were in a decent position with ten minutes to go and Kerry got bodies back which cork didn't have the guile to break down. It should be remembered that Cork will probably have a new FF, new FB and one new midfielder, a different center back and a different half forward line this year. They are a team in progression and are getting better every year, I wouldn't say that is true of either Tyrone or Kerry.

Id agree with this - at the very least at first glance. Its whether Tyrone or Kerry are deteriorating that is dangerous for them.

That's the important point I think. Tyrone and Kerry have at least plateaued I think (if their still improving then the rest will never win an AI again!) but are the deteriorating and if so by how much. I think both have gone back a bit from what they were, they must have and the question is have they gone back enough to be beaten? I think they have and I think there are question marks over this version of both Tyrone and Kerry. Many have asked about the quality of teh opposition Cork have met well the same could be asked of Tyrone. Armaghs defeat to an out od sorts Dublin puts Monaghans abilities into question. Have Tyrone really beaten anyone of note? It's developing into a fascinating championship.

Armagh were beat by a cricket score by Monaghan, Dublin barely beat Armagh.  Don't see where this optimism is coming from regarding Dublin, they have beat none of the major players and are reliant on one player up front.  Not a chance they will reach the final never mind win the AI.
Where is this mythical "optimism" you are talking about. To me everyone is saying the Dubs will be bet out the gate again. Suits us fine though.