All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 08:19:07 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2010, 08:17:00 PM
Dublin hammered Tyrone in the league in Omagh. Don't write off the Dubs in their home patch.

Tyrone have had some encounters with the Dubs as past few years.

It should be a great atmosphere again.

2 double headers as far as I hear on Saturday and Sunday.

2 triple headers I've heard. 2 minor quarters as well being played. No stand alone fixture.

That's a roger - won't be a stand alone.

Really looking forward to this now - Dublin will be rank outsiders and rightly so - we can just go along and enjoy the day.

Fuzzman

In all seriousness I was kinda  hoping for this draw too although others wanted Cork

With the wife's 1st cousin being Michael D Macauley (his da from Donegal) I was hoping we'd cross paths this year.
Also with me living in Dublin and having a lot of Dublin mates I got 12 texts about 7pm and not too many were that pleased they'd pulled us outta the hat

I was at the games in Croker yesterday and despite Monaghan looking awful which questions our victory over them a little, I must say I came away not too worried about the Dubs either. I'm not being smart arsed for a change but with the exception of BB they don't over a lot else. I think they've had a major clear out this year and changed their style a bit but Louth gave them no test whatsoever. They seem to have become a bit more defensive alright with a defensive system in place now and not just going man or man but like Down and Monaghan found out this Tyrone team are very dynamic and can't change their style of play even without the managers input.

I know the tendency is to keep yer cards close to yer chest and not be overconfident in case you land face down in the sh*t but I really can't see Dublin having enough in place to take Tyrone. Remember back in the league Mickey wanted to take the game to Croker. He knows his team loves playing there and players like Mugsy, Cavanagh, Dooher & SoN all excel when they play there.

Of course Dublin will be glad of the new low key approach and have nothing to lose which favours them but I think this team have went backwards since 2008 with only BB being the new Hill Darling.

I hope its on the Sunday as I'm due to be in Newry Sat night and I believe they are quite confident to beat Kerry as well.
Cork have had an easy wee route through the qualifers despite nearly messing it up on Sat
They'll hardly be that bad again but with a handy enough game v the Rossies they'll be well up for the Dubs in the semi.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Pups

Bernard Brogan, M.D. mcAuley, e o gara are all darlings of the hill. I don't Believe Dublin have gone backwards. I think we've made a lateral leap that will help bring us on. Circumstances are completely different going into this match than the 08 match  Don't be surprised if we don't lie down for yis this year lads.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2010, 09:01:17 PM
In all seriousness I was kinda  hoping for this draw too although others wanted Cork

With the wife's 1st cousin being Michael D Macauley (his da from Donegal) I was hoping we'd cross paths this year.
Also with me living in Dublin and having a lot of Dublin mates I got 12 texts about 7pm and not too many were that pleased they'd pulled us outta the hat

I was at the games in Croker yesterday and despite Monaghan looking awful which questions our victory over them a little, I must say I came away not too worried about the Dubs either. I'm not being smart arsed for a change but with the exception of BB they don't over a lot else. I think they've had a major clear out this year and changed their style a bit but Louth gave them no test whatsoever. They seem to have become a bit more defensive alright with a defensive system in place now and not just going man or man but like Down and Monaghan found out this Tyrone team are very dynamic and can't change their style of play even without the managers input.

I know the tendency is to keep yer cards close to yer chest and not be overconfident in case you land face down in the sh*t but I really can't see Dublin having enough in place to take Tyrone. Remember back in the league Mickey wanted to take the game to Croker. He knows his team loves playing there and players like Mugsy, Cavanagh, Dooher & SoN all excel when they play there.

Of course Dublin will be glad of the new low key approach and have nothing to lose which favours them but I think this team have went backwards since 2008 with only BB being the new Hill Darling.

I hope its on the Sunday as I'm due to be in Newry Sat night and I believe they are quite confident to beat Kerry as well.
Cork have had an easy wee route through the qualifers despite nearly messing it up on Sat
They'll hardly be that bad again but with a handy enough game v the Rossies they'll be well up for the Dubs in the semi.

who has tested tyrone this year?

Orangemac

I don't see where this talk of Dublin finding momentum is coming from. Tyrone may not be at the peak of their powers compared to 2005 but they will still be far too cute for Dublin.

Dublin were there for the taking against Armagh but we continually turned over possession and despite the Dublin defence appearing vulnerable we didn't pose enough of a threat up front.

The Louth game proved nothng, Louth would rather not have been there yesterday.

How many of the Dublin team would get on the Tyrone team?

Tyrone by six.

Pups

Probably only b brogan and cluxton but at the end of the day it's 15 v 15. I fully expect Tyrone to beat us but we won't lie down this time.

INDIANA

Quote from: Orangemac on July 25, 2010, 10:48:19 PM
I don't see where this talk of Dublin finding momentum is coming from. Tyrone may not be at the peak of their powers compared to 2005 but they will still be far too cute for Dublin.

Dublin were there for the taking against Armagh but we continually turned over possession and despite the Dublin defence appearing vulnerable we didn't pose enough of a threat up front.

The Louth game proved nothng, Louth would rather not have been there yesterday.

How many of the Dublin team would get on the Tyrone team?

Tyrone by six.

How many Armagh players would get on the Tyrone team? None. At least we have one. ::)

Fuzzman

Down tested us for first 20 mins and Monaghan also controlled MF for whole of 1st half and had they got 1 or both of those goals could have been leading at halftime

We've had a harder run this year than last but our style of play is so so different.

Dubs have nothing to lose and if they can keep their heads will pose us plenty of problems but I think as usual we've got the smarter man at the helm and better players with Plan B, C & D

Schkite

Quote from: Pups on July 25, 2010, 10:50:36 PM
Probably only b brogan and cluxton but at the end of the day it's 15 v 15. I fully expect Tyrone to beat us but we won't lie down this time.

Brogan yes but not Cluxton, big Packie is certainly earning his keep this year.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2010, 11:02:55 PM
Down tested us for first 20 mins and Monaghan also controlled MF for whole of 1st half and had they got 1 or both of those goals could have been leading at halftime

We've had a harder run this year than last but our style of play is so so different.

Dubs have nothing to lose and if they can keep their heads will pose us plenty of problems but I think as usual we've got the smarter man at the helm and better players with Plan B, C & D

I beg to differ. i don't believe you've played anyone yet bar 20mins against Down. I'm not saying we will test you. But I don't think you're anywhere near 2005 and 2008 levels personally. I think there is an element of the tyrone fans here who are away with the fairies on that one. Monaghan are a very average team. Far too much made of the Ulster final. I think you'll beat us with a bit to spare. but I don't see Sam coming home to Tyrone

TYRONE HACK

Most likely stand alone but what off the minors clash, will it maybe feature

Pups

I agree about them not being as good as previous years Indiana but I do think they'll go all the way.  Was just watching Joe Brolly orgasming over "tyrones particular type of football". Gas!

Zapatista

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2010, 09:01:17 PM

Agreed,

Apart from the first part. I have a soft spot for the Dubs. Knowing a few good Dublin Gaels makes me not want to meet them.

rrhf

Flashback to wet and wild 2008 - Dublin cruising through Leinster, Tyrone struggling through the qualifiers - Tyrone raised their game and Dublin wilted - the roles are identical in reverse now.  The Dubs like Tyrone 08 may see this game as the winnable springboard to success.  Dubs in the quarter - little hype about them, they are much more dangerous next Sunday than in 08.  Tyrone will need to pull out a top drawer performance to stay with them.     

Zapatista

I disagree. That is looking for comparisons when they are more unalike than alike. The truth is that there is no Comparison. In 08 Tyrone had recently won 2 AIs taking out Dublin in 05. Dublin haven't been in a final since 95. Taking this game for what it is, another game in the 2010 Championship, it looks like Tyrone to win.