All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Kildare or Dublin or Down or Cork

tyroneboi

Can the provincial finalists meet each other again at the quarter final stage?

NB you have left Monaghan out of all the quarter final draw you just started there unless you think they have ni chance against Kildare?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 19, 2010, 12:01:15 AM

NB you have left Monaghan out of all the quarter final draw you just started there unless you think they have ni chance against Kildare?

As far as I know all restrictions are off after the QFs.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Hereiam

Should the quater finals be palyed over two legs. That way if the provincal finalist get a fair chance instead of been put out in one game. Some thing will have to be done about this.

never kickt a ball

Sorry I read it on Twitter or heard a rumour somewhere that all of the Monaghan team were injured and that they will be sending out their minor team to compete against Kildare at the weekend.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 19, 2010, 12:17:53 AM

Sorry I read it on Twitter or heard a rumour somewhere that all of the Monaghan team were injured and that they will be sending out their minor team to compete against Kildare at the weekend.

They should've sent out the minor team against Tyrone, might not have been as embarassing.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

PatDaly

http://www.gaa.ie/wallcharts/football.php

Sunday August 22nd: All-Ireland Semi-final: Ulster v Connacht

Winner of Roscommon vs (Winner of Louth v Dublin) or (Winner of Limerick v Cork) or (Winner of Monaghan v Kildare) or Down*
vs
Winner of Tyrone vs (Winner of Louth v Dublin) or (Winner of Limerick v Cork) or (Winner of Down v Sligo) or Kildare*

Sunday August 29th: All-Ireland semi-final: Leinster v Munster

Winner of Kerry vs (Winner of Louth v Dublin) or (Winner of Monaghan v Kildare) or (Winner of Sligo v Down) or Cork*
vs
Winner of Meath vs (Winner of Limerick v Cork) or (Winner of Monaghan v Kildare) or (Winner of Sligo v Down) or Dublin*

* if this team wins their round 4 back door qualifier game.

clarshack

I presume that the 1/4 final will be part of a double header in Croker on Sunday 1st August?

Doohicky

Probably will be unless it's against the Dubs which would make it a stand alone match.

ONeill

Winner of Louth/Dublin - happy with either
Winner of Sligo/Down - happy with either
Kildare if they win - happyish
Winner of Cork/Limerick - don't want Cork just yet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

I know they say to be the best you have to beat the best - but hand on heart - do you want Cork at all?

ONeill

Probably not. I'd be happy if the Kingdom knocked them out on the other side.

On the other hand, I don't think Cork are as manically driven as they were in the SF last year and the Sean Cavanagh saga definitely did affect Tyrone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

If Mickey happened to find a way to beat Cork (and here will come the Tyrone bashing) - he'd have to go down as one of the very best in the game. He's found a way to beat most systems - except the one he used most successfully. Found a way to beat the intensity and strength of Armagh - and make sure Tyrone won the last 10 minutes, which no team had done against that 2002-2003 armagh side. Found a way to nullify the kerry threat and outscore them in a couple of fantastic games. I'd be pretty nervous facing Cork - but it'd be a hell of a way to win a fourth AIF.

Fuzzman

Easy now Puckoon. Easy. Dont be setting us up there.

I think Cork have their own demons to settle before we come a knocking but I'd imagine Mr Harte would love to crack that nut again or even settle the aul Meath chestnut.

Sligo would be an interesting 1/4 final with Meath in the semi & Cork in the ...
I'll go to bed.