The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2011, 11:47:56 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 08, 2011, 11:44:45 AM
king kenny this, king kenny that. As bad as the geordies with all the king kev shite. Sure he walked on yous before, he will do it again. and it's only the manager who is gone. the rest of the dungbags are still there.

You do realise he is only there until May?

yes, but why do football fans, not just liverpool's, think that because a former great is in charge that everything will be sweet inside 24 hours. Liverpool fans will go to OT tommorrow thinking that they will win because of a change of manager. They might well do, but he hasnt brought Kaka, Messi, Villa, Ronaldo or Xavi with him

Edit - rumours of Ian Rush coming in with him, cue more excitement and filling of pants. All the need now is Fowler and they will win the league
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 08, 2011, 11:53:08 AM
king kenny this, king kenny that. As bad as the geordies with all the king kev shite. Sure he walked on yous before, he will do it again. and it's only the manager who is gone. the rest of the dungbags are still there.

yes, but why do football fans, not just liverpool's, think that because a former great is in charge that everything will be sweet inside 24 hours. Liverpool fans will go to OT tommorrow thinking that they will win because of a change of manager. They might well do, but he hasnt brought Kaka, Messi, Villa, Ronaldo or Xavi with him
I dont think any Liverpool supporters will expect miracles but they will at least expect a huge differance in effort & commitment. Just to have Woy gone is a huge bonus. He's there til the end of the season. Gives the new owners time to assess the situation & see what managers are out there at the end of the season. Win Win for the owners in..they got rid of Woy & brought home the King & lifted the supporters morale which was at a long time low.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 08, 2011, 12:00:43 PM

I dont think any Liverpool supporters will expect miracles but they will at least expect a huge differance in effort & commitment

Exactly,well said
You'll Never Walk Alone.

isourboydownyet

Edit - rumours of Ian Rush coming in with him, cue more excitement and filling of pants. All the need now is Fowler and they will win the league

now theres a idea,could god and a king work together?

Carmen Stateside

See Xabi Alonso on twitter "Good luck King Kenny".   Mans a class act would love him back.

imtommygunn

Uladh

LOL. A thread for the delusional.
What has lifting the supporters' morale gotta do with anything.

The inescapable fact is that the same rubbish squad, overwhelmingly established by the fat controller, I still all liverpool have.

Dalglish switching to 4-4-2 and mumbling thru the collar of his coat won't change a thing

superblues

what will be a success for Kenny the rest of the season is it staying up or midtable or can he still get into Europe

EC Unique

Quote from: superblues on January 08, 2011, 12:34:10 PM
what will be a success for Kenny the rest of the season is it staying up or midtable or can he still get into Europe

With that squad mid table would be realistic with an outside chance of a Europa place. Staying up is a definite I think.

dec

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2011, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 08, 2011, 11:22:47 AM
Man U (take note Boycey :P) this week the Bitters next week, what a way to start!!!

Liverpool v Everton,Anfield next weekend with Kenny Daglish as Liverpool manager.....thats the real big one IMHO!
It's like suddenly being teleported back to the late 80's!

Hope it doesn't finish 4-4

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Uladh on January 08, 2011, 12:28:40 PM

The inescapable fact is that the same rubbish squad, overwhelmingly established by the fat controller, I still all liverpool have.

Dalglish switching to 4-4-2 and mumbling thru the collar of his coat won't change a thing
They are the people who pay their money into the matches that clubs depends on. If the fans dont pay into matches then the club will suffer.  If the fans are on top of the manager & players then then its not good for the club. If the fans are happy it would surely be easier for the manager & players to do their job.

stiffler

Liverpool @ 9/2 looks far more appealing now! :D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Uladh on January 08, 2011, 12:28:40 PM

what really gets my goat is this crap about woy inheriting a poor squad,yes its far from good but from the team that beat real by 4 and beat utd at ot 4-1,8 from real and 9 from utd are still there!!add in joe cole who would be regarded as a good prem player there was no excuse for the rubbish we have watched this season

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: dec on January 08, 2011, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2011, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 08, 2011, 11:22:47 AM
Man U (take note Boycey :P) this week the Bitters next week, what a way to start!!!

Liverpool v Everton,Anfield next weekend with Kenny Daglish as Liverpool manager.....thats the real big one IMHO!
It's like suddenly being teleported back to the late 80's!

Hope it doesn't finish 4-4

That made me laugh in fairness... :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

I am looking forward to his post match interviews!!!!

I know the initial excitement is mental but absolutely understandable but the fans know that it is now up to the players.  The have a legend figurehead leading them now.  They have a set up that they can probably be guaranteed the owners will invest.  The have a fan base fully behind them and the manager.  The manager will want to play a more aggressive game than the previous managers.  The have to fulfill their roles as players. 

I find the timing of the appointment clever too.  There was no point appointing Daglish before games against Wolves or Blackburn as the initial bounce and excitement would be diminished.  What better games for the boost to gcome before than man United?

I would expect to see some changes in the team.  Don't be surprised to see kelly in and GJ on the right with Kuyt on the left.  Tomorrows team I reckon wil be

Reina

Kelly  Skertl  Agger  Aurelio

Lucas   Merieles

Johnson                  Kuyt

Gerard
                     Torres