The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Did Stevie G miss the penalty on purpose?  Watch how he kicks it and reacts after it.  He normally buries penalties low into the corner....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MSm-ayaGo  :P

ross4life

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 07, 2011, 07:12:41 PM
Did Stevie G miss the penalty on purpose?  Watch how he kicks it and reacts after it.  He normally buries penalties low into the corner....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MSm-ayaGo  :P

Similar to the Rooney missed penalty v Arsenal.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

deiseach

Quote from: under the bar on January 07, 2011, 05:55:32 PM
I guess Eljero knows Livepool's current status...

Hamburg attacker Eljero Elia might be a target for Liverpool but Anfield is not one of the stadiums the Dutch international is dreaming of playing in. The 23-year-old said: "Liverpool are not a big club and I do not have any interest to play there.  Clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United really are something special."

I guess you know him personally, because you didn't get that quote from a news source. . .

23-year-old Hamburg starlet Eljero Elia has recently been linked with Liverpool, but speaking to Bild, the player failed to mention Anfield as one of his preferred destinations. "Hamburg are a great team as well, but I dream of playing for one of Europe's finest teams. Clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United really are something special,"

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2011, 02:53:36 PM
Pity I wasn't in Saudi, then they'd be the Sultans of Swing.

Twisting by the 'pool?

BennyHarp

Just announced apparantly, Roy out Kenny in for rest of season
That was never a square ball!!

brokencrossbar1

He's gone!!!  Just heard on 5 Live ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-leaves-liverpool-fc

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

J OGorman

Good news.

Would say Fergie will tweak his side for tomorrow on the back of this bit of news

Good luck the King

mackers

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Carmen Stateside

Super news to arise to.  Now i hope the players dont let The King down.
Fergie vs Dalglish. the way its meant to be.

The Real Laoislad

Thanks for the effort Roy it just wasn't meant to be.
Long Live the KING KENNY
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Man U (take note Boycey :P) this week the Bitters next week, what a way to start!!!

Carmen Stateside

Any news if Kenny gets any money or does he have to make do with what hes got now.  I guess its Cammolli job for transfers anyhow so it may not effect so much.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 08, 2011, 11:22:47 AM
Man U (take note Boycey :P) this week the Bitters next week, what a way to start!!!

Liverpool v Everton,Anfield next weekend with Kenny Daglish as Liverpool manager.....thats the real big one IMHO!
It's like suddenly being teleported back to the late 80's!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2011, 11:35:22 AM

Liverpool v Everton,Anfield next weekend with Kenny Daglish as Liverpool manager.....thats the real big one IMHO!
It's like suddenly being teleported back to the late 80's!

i have the same feeling i had when liverpool brought back god,brillant!

Boycey

Only slightly better but I'll forgive you the giddyness this morning :P

Waiting with bated breath for assurances that Sammy Lee will still be on the bench