The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Good win in the FA Youth cup today.Beat Palace 3-1. Finally there appears to be some serious talent coming through the ranks again.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteNow that Dalglish has returned i wonder will the Liverpool fans return to fill those empty seats in Anfield?

I hope those away fans fill their allocation.

Like all those Norwich supporters at OT

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 08, 2011, 03:19:21 PM
Good win in the FA Youth cup today.Beat Palace 3-1. Finally there appears to be some serious talent coming through the ranks again.

Liverpool have won this twice recently and I don't think too many have come through to first team??

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2011, 03:32:34 PM

Liverpool have won this twice recently and I don't think too many have come through to first team??

Yes that's correct but in fairness this team look far superior.

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 08, 2011, 03:39:59 PM

googled the 2007 final against United there.

Liverpool Hansen, Darby, Burns, Spearing ©, Threlfall, Barnett, Ryan, Flynn, Lindfield, Woodward (Eccleston 67), Putterill
Unused Subs Roberts, Irwin, Highdale, Parsonage
Goal Lindfield (16)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United Zieler, Eckersley, Evans, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater (Bryan 74), Welbeck, Hewson (capt), Brandy (James 90), Fagan, Galbraith
Unused Subs McCormack, Woods, Moffatt
Goal OG - Threlfall (50), Hewson (pen 73)

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2011, 03:46:48 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 08, 2011, 03:39:59 PM

googled the 2007 final against United there.

Liverpool Hansen, Darby, Burns, Spearing ©, Threlfall, Barnett, Ryan, Flynn, Lindfield, Woodward (Eccleston 67), Putterill
Unused Subs Roberts, Irwin, Highdale, Parsonage
Goal Lindfield (16)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United Zieler, Eckersley, Evans, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater (Bryan 74), Welbeck, Hewson (capt), Brandy (James 90), Fagan, Galbraith
Unused Subs McCormack, Woods, Moffatt
Goal OG - Threlfall (50), Hewson (pen 73)

From that team - Hansen,Spearing,Ecclestone and Darby (on loan currently) are still at the club. If I'm honest I can't see any of them making it at the highest level. The current crop have 2 or 3 players that are expected to make it especially Suso who is a great prospect.

ross4life

It's so long since Kenny was in management he'll probably instruct Reina to pick up back-passes.

Anyways his last match as manager in OT the game finished 1-1 (Newcastle 98) & his last match as Liverpool manager in OT also ended 1-1 (20 years ago)

1-1 tomorrow 6/1

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

You really are a amazing memory man ross..

Its almost like you have some sort of mystical magical database that you can just tap into at will, somewhere that all you have to do is type a request and in a matter of milliseconds the answer is there in front of you.

But as we know nothing like that exists,maybe some day someone somewhere will sit up in bed at night google eyed and shout Yahoo! I have figured out how to make it work.

Until then we will have to rely on you ross to provide us will all these great stats and figures from that beautiful vast memory of yours.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

RLL did you wake up the wrong side of the bed this morning  :-*
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on January 08, 2011, 04:53:50 PM
RLL did you wake up the wrong side of the bed this morning  :-*

No but the wife has been annoying me all day..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

"Can't repeat the past?" he cried incredulously. "Why of course you can"

Good luck Kenny!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Minus15

Kenny is back. There will surely be a reaction from the players and the fans and the club as a whole. The club has been given a massive lift and a reason to be optomistic. This alone is a welcome change to the last month whereby faith in Hodgson was rock bottom.

Whilst Kenny hasn't been in management since 98, he proved that he is a winner as a player and manager. He will demand and get total respect from the players and I am sure we will see an upturn in performance. I am sure Kenny hasn't been sitting in the background ignoring the first team.

He will know in his mind from being in and around the squad for the last 18 months what the capability of this team is. He will not tolerate any bluffers and the type of performances and lack of effort from certain players of late. Kenny has one agenda and that is what is best for the club so I expect him to be ruthless if need be.

I am looking forward to see his stamp on the team. There are good players there and with a few decent additions I am sure we can make something of this season yet. Starting by getting to the next round of the cup!

under the bar