The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 13, 2009, 03:39:28 AM
QuoteLeinster looked very very fortunate to scrape by a poor looking bedraggled Quinns.

Yea a fantastic defensive performance against the form team in England yet it was fortunate, yet if it was Munster it would be epic, seriously some people haven't a clue if they thought Leinster were fortunate.

new to this thread but couldn't agree more with this comment from previous pages....
If Munster had of beaten one of the form sides with an excellent home record in the way Leinster did, everyone would be creaming themselves saying it was a typical Munster work man like performance and that all those fairies from Leinster who never have managed to win a game like that.
I think it will be a great game on May 2nd and that all the pressure, given the margin of their quarter final win will be on Munster, nothing new to them I know but it will mean that the pressure will be off Leinster to a certain extent and that can only be a good thing.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

AZOffaly

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 14, 2009, 03:41:53 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 13, 2009, 03:39:28 AM
QuoteLeinster looked very very fortunate to scrape by a poor looking bedraggled Quinns.

Yea a fantastic defensive performance against the form team in England yet it was fortunate, yet if it was Munster it would be epic, seriously some people haven't a clue if they thought Leinster were fortunate.

new to this thread but couldn't agree more with this comment from previous pages....
If Munster had of beaten one of the form sides with an excellent home record in the way Leinster did, everyone would be creaming themselves saying it was a typical Munster work man like performance and that all those fairies from Leinster who never have managed to win a game like that.
I think it will be a great game on May 2nd and that all the pressure, given the margin of their quarter final win will be on Munster, nothing new to them I know but it will mean that the pressure will be off Leinster to a certain extent and that can only be a good thing.

To be honest lads, I think you are overplaying this persecution complex. There's no doubt Leinster had a reputation for being soft a few years ago, but I don't think anyone would seriously level that at this Leinster side.  In fact the Examiner's report of the Harlequins game was 'If you want thrills and spills, watch munster, but for grit and determination, Leinster are the team for you'.

INDIANA

this is the same Leinster team that didn't show up in Thomond a few weeks back. Grit etc? Are you having a laugh?

Dinny Breen

No persecution complex AZ I was just responding to Minder's fortunate tag and in fairness apart that c*nt Neil Francis the media coverage has turned for the better and Leinster are receiving more balanced reporting. Leinster went to Musgrave and won with grit and detemination last season, this year in Thomond Munster were at their clinical best and demonstrated why they are the best team in Europe.

Anyway AZ, nothing wrong with a persecution complex as you should know, sure it's Munsters success built on it  ;)

QuoteIt's unfortunate for Irish people that if we look forward to and want to watch some top class rugby from the countries best players we have to be treated as if our brains were in our arse, pummelled with the most inane commentary drivel and peppered with  'stereohype' about Brand Leinster and Brand Munster.

Best post on this thread by a mile  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on April 14, 2009, 04:29:00 PM
this is the same Leinster team that didn't show up in Thomond a few weeks back. Grit etc? Are you having a laugh?

That same Leinster team bullied the bejaysus out of Munster for a good half hour. Only for Doc couldn't kick his own arse that day, it would have been a different game. This particular Leinster team are not your father's team, including that big soft Shite Francis.

QuoteAnyway AZ, nothing wrong with a persecution complex as you should know, sure it's Munsters success built on it  Wink

And passion. Don't forget the passion. :D

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 02:06:07 PM
Not bothered that much either way but If i had to choose then I hope Munster win.

It wouldnt surprise me that you would support Munster ahead of your own province when you support British soccer ahead of your own country... ;)  it must be a British soccer fan thing where they can just pick what team they like to support or follow  ???
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on April 14, 2009, 08:50:54 PM
Not bothered that much either way but If i had to choose then I hope Munster win.

It wouldnt surprise me that you would support Munster ahead of your own province when you support British soccer ahead of your own country... ;)  it must be a British soccer fan thing where they can just pick what team they like to support or follow  ???

Care to explain the bit in bold?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 10:00:58 PM

well you choose to support British soccer ahead of the Irish game and with this you enhance and fund the English game and soccer team. hence I would not be surprised that you would just choose to pick Munster ahead of your own province....

Lets not ruin this thread though as we have been down this road before and that just they way you soccer lads work i guess!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on April 14, 2009, 11:29:13 PM

well you choose to support British soccer ahead of the Irish game and with this you enhance and fund the English game and soccer team. hence I would not be surprised that you would just choose to pick Munster ahead of your own province....

Lets not ruin this thread though as we have been down this road before and that just they way you soccer lads work i guess!

First off you started it with your usual bullshite,you are like a broken record
Secondly what Irish game do I choose to support a British soccer team over?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 11:30:56 PM

i aint getting into this in this thread as it has been a great thread all season. I really dont really care too much for Lunsters anyway!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on April 14, 2009, 11:36:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 11:30:56 PM

i aint getting into this in this thread as it has been a great thread all season. I really dont care to much for Lunsters anyway!

Why did you start it then?
Typical Dub  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2009, 02:18:46 PM
Clever move by Leinster re Tickets. After the red invasion last time around, they are allowing their season ticket holders buy 6 each for this game, which should ensure most Leinster tickets end up in the hands of Leinster fans.

Munster season ticket holders are only allowed buy 1 each.

There is some serious trouble over this, alot of fans have not got tickets as some bought more than 6 etc. but i think if there were 25k Leinsterfans at the game i will be very happy.
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tankie on April 14, 2009, 11:41:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2009, 02:18:46 PM
Clever move by Leinster re Tickets. After the red invasion last time around, they are allowing their season ticket holders buy 6 each for this game, which should ensure most Leinster tickets end up in the hands of Leinster fans.

Munster season ticket holders are only allowed buy 1 each.

There is some serious trouble over this, alot of fans have not got tickets as some bought more than 6 etc. but i think if there were 25k Leinsterfans at the game i will be very happy.

Same craic down here. We got this email from Munster Supporters Club this morning. Also, Leinster Fans Passwords were doing the rounds down here. I'd say they are all cancelled now.  Luckily I only purchased what I was entitled to.

Dear Member,

We would ask that all members read this email

1. Multiple Tickets Purchased

An email was issued to all members on Thursday last 9th April with a link to a news item regarding the allocation of tickets to members for the HC semi-final.  Although it clearly stated that All Full Members and All Associate Members with Combined Season Tickets were entitled to purchase ONE ticket each, we had a number of members who today purchased more than one and in some cases numerous tickets. All EXTRA tickets purchased have been cancelled.  This was allowed to occur due to an error on the Ticketmaster system.

Those members who purchased more than once will be allocated one ticket ONLY and this will be posted.  We have been given details of members who have purchased over their allocation and will be contacting them in due course.

Because some members purchased more than one ticket ALL E-TICKETS are now being cancelled.  Every member who has purchased a ticket or who does so this week will now be issued with a paper ticket for the match.  Those who have already purchased will be allocated the same seat/terrace ticket.  These tickets will be sent by post. This also applies to those who purchased through the public sale.

We apologise to any members inconvenienced by the above.  Ticketmaster have issued the following statement;

TICKETMASTER
Statement re Heineken Cup Semi-Final

<i>As a result of human error customers who were issued passwords to purchase their Heineken Cup tickets today (Tues) were able to use their password more than once. This error has been corrected and these passwords can now only be used a single time.

All customers who were entitled to purchase tickets for the Heineken Cup semi-final in Croke Park were issued with clear guidelines as to their ticket entitlement. At Ticketmaster we run post sales checks on all purchases and where any customer has been found to have purchased more than their allocation, any additional tickets will be cancelled and blocked from entry. These tickets will be put back on-sale to ensure that other customers receive their fair entitlement</i>.

fred the red

Very quiet here, given that the biggest club game in irelands history will take place in little over a week.

Mickey Linden

Does anyone know how much the tickets for the game are?