The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: tyrone exile on April 13, 2009, 03:35:22 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 13, 2009, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: tyrone exile on April 13, 2009, 02:17:56 PM
Anybody know where to get a few tickets?
If you hold a 10-year croke park ticket, would that give you an option to buy one?

They are supposedly on sale on ticketmaster from yesterday but when I went to buy a couple it said none were available. ??? ??? ???
yeah heard the 5000 available were sold out with in 30 minutes.
Any other way of getting hold of a ticket?

Appears to be the ticket situation :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2009/0413/1224244584170.html?via=mr

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gnevin

Quote from: Gaffer on April 13, 2009, 07:04:41 PM
If you hold a 10-year croke park ticket, would that give you an option to buy one?

They are supposedly on sale on ticketmaster from yesterday but when I went to buy a couple it said none were available. ??? ??? ???

Got 6 of the finest this morning  ;D ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Canalman

Not a great fan of Rugby. Cant stand the Munster "best fans in the World" @( official copyright) attitude. Binmen v Lawyers.......mmmmmm  Imo the Munster team attract the small town Golf Club jersey type ........ think they are better than everyone else.
Hope Leinster win to shut these hooray Henrys up and also have 2 mates who suport Leinster and would be delighted for them. From what I hear there is more of a GAA background in the Leinster lads and that is good enough for me.

Another "greatest day ever in history of Croke Park" heap of drivel to listen to in the next few weeks together with listening to that cliche ridden clown Gerry Thornley on the wireless.

Will also have to bite my lip when Ryle calls kicking a ball over the sideline as "pure class".

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Canalman on April 13, 2009, 07:15:44 PM
Not a great fan of Rugby. Cant stand the Munster "best fans in the World" @( official copyright) attitude. Binmen v Lawyers.......mmmmmm  Imo the Munster team attract the small town Golf Club jersey type ........ think they are better than everyone else.
Hope Leinster win to shut these hooray Henrys up and also have 2 mates who suport Leinster and would be delighted for them. From what I hear there is more of a GAA background in the Leinster lads and that is good enough for me.

Another "greatest day ever in history of Croke Park" heap of drivel to listen to in the next few weeks together with listening to that cliche ridden clown Gerry Thornley on the wireless.

Will also have to bite my lip when Ryle calls kicking a ball over the sideline as "pure class".

Like the Murphy's he's not bitter. ;D

Gaffer

Quote from: Gnevin on April 13, 2009, 07:08:28 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 13, 2009, 07:04:41 PM

Got 6 of the finest this morning  ;D ;D

Nice one !!!

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on April 13, 2009, 07:15:44 PM

I have to agree. Have to listen to more cliched bullshit about rugby being the heartbeat of the nation when we won the grand slam and 15k turned up. But there is an element of the leinster support that I can't stand either, but I'll be hoping they win. They'll probably let us all down like they invariably do. They could at least throw a leg at it this time round.

cicfada

Living here in the heart of Munster I should really be shouting for them but I am hoping that  Leinster win to be honest! The amount of shite being spouted by the Munster fans is unreal i.e the best fans in the world, the win over the All-Blacks, the heartbeat of a nation etc etc. I was told  over the weekend that the GAA is fucked that rugby will be Ireland's biggest sport and  the Leinster team is only a shower of west brits, and if you're any kind of man you'll be shouting for Munster! I am sick and tired of it to be honest. These people by the way are not members of any rugby club, nor do they coach youngesters in rugby nor have they ever played rugby at any level! But  they are members of the Munster Supporters Club and have tickets  for every match!  The closer the game comes the more the hype will be  and I am sure it will be a great day for Irish sport but save me this drivel!

muppet

Quote from: cicfada on April 13, 2009, 09:56:28 PM
Living here in the heart of Munster I should really be shouting for them but I am hoping that  Leinster win to be honest! The amount of shite being spouted by the Munster fans is unreal i.e the best fans in the world, the win over the All-Blacks, the heartbeat of a nation etc etc. I was told  over the weekend that the GAA is fucked that rugby will be Ireland's biggest sport and  the Leinster team is only a shower of west brits, and if you're any kind of man you'll be shouting for Munster! I am sick and tired of it to be honest. These people by the way are not members of any rugby club, nor do they coach youngesters in rugby nor have they ever played rugby at any level! But  they are members of the Munster Supporters Club and have tickets  for every match!  The closer the game comes the more the hype will be  and I am sure it will be a great day for Irish sport but save me this drivel!

And that is precisely why the Gaa have absolutely nothing to worry about.
MWWSI 2017

Myles Na G.

Would like to see Leinster win it - the Munster lot are so up themselves they can be hard to stick. Also don't like the fact that for some of them, Munster comes before Ireland on their loyalty list.

Fully expect Ulster to be involved in the final stages of the HC next season.

Main Street

It would be a mercy killing if someone shafted that Nugent guy with his hyperbole   "Glory Glory Munster".
Even more ridiculous is Brand Leinster criticing Munster for their Brandness or vice versa.

It's unfortunate for Irish people that if we look forward to and want to watch some top class rugby from the countries best players we have to be treated as if our brains were in our arse, pummelled with the most inane commentary drivel and peppered with  'stereohype' about Brand Leinster and Brand Munster.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on April 14, 2009, 12:04:25 PM
It would be a mercy killing if someone shafted that Nugent guy with his hyperbole   "Glory Glory Munster".
Even more ridiculous is Brand Leinster criticing Munster for their Brandness or vice versa.

It's unfortunate for Irish people that if we look forward to and want to watch some top class rugby from the countries best players we have to be treated as if our brains were in our arse, pummelled with the most inane commentary drivel and peppered with  'stereohype' about Brand Leinster and Brand Munster.

:D :D :D My Brandness is better than your brandness!!!

The Real Laoislad

Not bothered that much either way but If i had to choose then I hope Munster win.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Clever move by Leinster re Tickets. After the red invasion last time around, they are allowing their season ticket holders buy 6 each for this game, which should ensure most Leinster tickets end up in the hands of Leinster fans.

Munster season ticket holders are only allowed buy 1 each.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 02:06:07 PM
Not bothered that much either way but If i had to choose then I hope Munster win.
Teams in red do it for you?
;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

inisceithleann

I'm a complete neutral when it comes to the semi-final. I've got my ticket for the final and I've booked the accomodation so just looking forward to the weekend in Edinburgh in May. The success of both teams is great for Irish rugby and hopefully Ulster will be more competitive next season as well. It's amazing how strong Ireland is internationally with such few professional sides.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth