Crozier has gone

Started by bloody mary, August 23, 2008, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

rte just said he isn't seeking re-election, not a huge surprise even if it's only months after taking derry to the league title with win over kingdom. decent man.

ziggysego

Wouldn't be the first time Derry did that to a manager than took them to a National title....
Testing Accessibility

carribbear

Might be a decent man but not a decent manager. Baffling decisons, questionable tactics all played a part in his downfall. He has one the monst talented bunc of players in Ireland yet underachieves (although a NFL win is not really a success when you look at the standard). Wexford and Tyrone got to an all ireland semi with half the talent of the Derry team. he had to go.

ONeill

Quote from: carribbear on August 23, 2008, 09:54:13 PM
Wexford and Tyrone got to an all ireland semi with half the talent of the Derry team. he had to go.

Really? Tyrone's mountain of Minor, U21 and Senior All-Ireland medal winners are only half as talented as the Derry wans?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Tyrone got to an all ireland semi with half the talent of the Derry team.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Or are you talking about the 50s ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2008, 10:54:46 PM

That wasn't the silliest thing he said, this was

He has one the monst talented bunc of players in Ireland

:D :D :D :D :D
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on August 23, 2008, 06:36:50 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Derry did that to a manager than took them to a National title....
it wasn't long ago that there were rumblings around tyrone that maybe their all ireland winning manager had overstayed his welcome.

ziggysego

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 24, 2008, 12:08:37 AM
it wasn't long ago that there were rumblings around tyrone that maybe their all ireland winning manager had overstayed his welcome.

Not from me. I remained his biggest fan and I was critical of the naysayers too :p
Testing Accessibility

carribbear

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2008, 10:07:41 PM
Wexford and Tyrone got to an all ireland semi with half the talent of the Derry team. he had to go.

Really? Tyrone's mountain of Minor, U21 and Senior All-Ireland medal winners are only half as talented as the Derry wans?

Tyrone are a better TEAM led by an excellent manager....I think at the moment Derry have better individual players but aren't using anywhere near their full potential, Crozier's lack of tactctial knowledge and general leadership has caused them to capitulate to average sides. Some of his team selections and substitutions were baffling (Paddy Bradley at half-forward vs Monaghan being the last one)

Still doesnt mean I LIKE Tyrone.... ;)

carribbear

Quote from: ziggysego on August 23, 2008, 11:17:32 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2008, 10:54:46 PM

That wasn't the silliest thing he said, this was

He has one the monst talented bunc of players in Ireland

:D :D :D :D :D

Sure tyrone have this fella playing at half forward :D

jodyb

In all fairness Ziggy, Fergal Doc probably had more to do with the win over Kerry than Croziers sideline abilities. Nice Fella as has already been stated, but he simply didn't have what it takes to garner success on the big days.

I wish him all the best, but I'm not sorry he's gone. The question is, with a bunch of clowns on our county board, how well will his successor fare?

Keepthefaith93

Paddy1804

Rav67

Quote from: Paddy1804 on August 24, 2008, 04:19:37 PM
Damien cassidy??

Hope so but the CB might be too stingy to take him on.  Whoever it is, I hope the CB appoint someone who has actually won a Championship as a manager before.

lynchbhoy

agree 100% with what carribear says.

individually, tyrone would not have as much talent, but I wish Derry were half the team they are.
anyone who has ever kicked a ball would know this !