Crozier has gone

Started by bloody mary, August 23, 2008, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioulster

who are all these talented derry players ??? I have looked at your squad where is the silverware? no ulsters no all irelands, the ballinderry boys have all ireland clubs but thats about it. Crozier gave his best to Derry with a limited pick. I someone trying to say that forward line has more talent than Tyrone? you dont have a dooher or a mcguigan. The work ethic of your team is not up to scratch at all.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Radioulster on August 24, 2008, 06:20:59 PM
who are all these talented derry players ??? I have looked at your squad where is the silverware? no ulsters no all irelands, the ballinderry boys have all ireland clubs but thats about it. Crozier gave his best to Derry with a limited pick. I someone trying to say that forward line has more talent than Tyrone? you dont have a dooher or a mcguigan. The work ethic of your team is not up to scratch at all.
duuur !!.......
my point exactly..
..because there hasnt been a manager to take the supreme club talent that is there or thereabouts in contention for ulster club final every year and channel this into a top class intercounty team
its a team game, tyrone dont have a paddy bradley or indeed a midfeild, but the team ethic over rides that, and that is the point - you are highlighting that for me !
I think tyrone are a credit and Harte a genius btw.

screenexile

Quote from: Radioulster on August 24, 2008, 06:20:59 PM

Oh you mean apart from the Sigerson, Minor All Irelands, Hogan Cups, National Leagues, Ulster Club Championship medals there are throughout the side?

You say we don't have the players and then say our work ethc isn't up to scratch! The latter is true. We don't have the team or work ethic to trouble an All Ireland at this stage which is why we need a manager to mould our players into a well oiled machine with a definite gameplan and a plan B for when that doesn't work, that will hunt and chase for every ball that there is a chance of winning. If we had Malachy O'Rourke taking our side we would have won Ulster and would be well in the shake up for the All Ireland!

orangeman

slow corner back

Jody Gormley, sure he knows how to win in croke park ;)

Radioulster

Funny I was sure that Hogan Cups and all ireland minors were very relevant to Senior County Football as well as Sigersons. Who are all these players with Ulster Clubs by the way apart form the aforementioned BDerry boys the only one with a ulster medal is Joe O'Kane and poss Feargal Doc in 2000 . Interestingly a derry club has not won ulster since 2003 so think before you speak. You have deluded yourselves that you have this great crop of players. you remind me of Dublin all hype no substance Crozier should be glad to be rid of you. And Tyrone have great PLAYERS as well as a great manager. You can do nothing without the players but Im sure your new messiah will lead you to the promised land. Malachy O' rourke took over a good squad of players who ahve been consistently in the top 12 where they finished this year he is an excellent manager but you cant help but feel some seem to get more praise than others.

Star Spangler

Derry are out of the championship???  Sure weren't they dead certs for the All Ireland only a few months ago?  Weren't they the greatest thing to come out of Ulster since 93??  Sure weren't Tyrone finished and Derry were far better than them???

Star Spangler

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 24, 2008, 06:11:46 PM
agree 100% with what carribear says.

individually, tyrone would not have as much talent, but I wish Derry were half the team they are.
anyone who has ever kicked a ball would know this !

I forgot to add - what a load of bollix the above post is!  Tyrone's second 15 are better players than anything in Derry!!

Uladh

I'd agree that derry have the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game. they are however some distance behind at least 3 other ulster teams in terms of tactics, cohesion, etc

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on August 24, 2008, 08:06:51 PM

I'd agree that derry have the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game. they are however some distance behind at least 3 other ulster teams in terms of tactics, cohesion, etc

From what I hear, club politics are a problem and relations between individuals on the panel wouldn't be great.

Star Spangler

Quote from: Uladh on August 24, 2008, 08:06:51 PM

Please qualify this statement.

the green man

Quote from: Star Spangler on August 24, 2008, 08:03:11 PM
I forgot to add - what a load of bollix the above post is!  Tyrone's second 15 are better players than anything in Derry!!

Please qualify this statement

Tim Buzaglo

Thanks for the service Paddy.  You delivered a naional league but couldn't put out a side to perform on the big stage.

The one thing that we musters ensure is that we don't make the same mistake again and just take the cheap option!  The general consesus among supporters is that Damian Cassidy is the man to take Derry forward.  I would welcome this move.  This man takes no shit and understands what it takes to put out a team that can win!  The other candidates would be John Brennan/Henry Downey and Damian Barton.  I would prefer Cassidy to all the obvoius options.

One thing we must remember is that prior to PC's appointment there was much discussion about who would get the job.  Nobody ever mentioned PC.  I am very scared that something similar could happen again!

With regards to the talk about the talent available to Derry, i think we have 2 true stars in PB and Doherty.  We then have about 10/11 players that could be considered to be top level county players (if utilised correctly).  We need our coach to get the most out these men and pick the appropriate players to fill out the team.  Tyrone are a game away from an All Ireland final  with just one star and quite a few 'role players.'

Fancy a job Mickey?
Will we ever see another one?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on August 24, 2008, 10:49:21 PM
Tyrone are a game away from an All Ireland final  with just one star and quite a few 'role players.'

Fancy a job Mickey?

You're hallucinating at the double there  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

carribbear

It's a shame Brian McIver decided to stay with Donegal, I wouldn't have minded him taking up the reins...

Tyrone only have 1 decent footballer in Cavanagh but he's fairly limited.... *now sit back and watch the fireworks* :)