Crozier has gone

Started by bloody mary, August 23, 2008, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: carribbear on August 25, 2008, 12:19:44 AM
Tyrone only have 1 decent footballer in Cavanagh but he's fairly limited.... *now sit back and watch the fireworks* :)

Ah now, Colm's only a young lad.
Testing Accessibility

carribbear

Quote from: ziggysego on August 25, 2008, 12:27:01 AM
Tyrone only have 1 decent footballer in Cavanagh but he's fairly limited.... *now sit back and watch the fireworks* :)

Ah now, Colm's only a young lad.
:D :D

here fishy fishy ;)

carribbear

It's a shame Brian McIver decided to stay with Donegal, I wouldn't have minded him taking up the reins...

Sorry, i meant 2...i'm still expecting old Baldilocks to come out of retirement for the final if Tyrone make it that far...  8)

Radioulster

keep watching beijing it is as close to fireworks as you are getting! :D

marty88

Q for Derry fans, how was PC the cheaper option than Barton the last time round? Surly there couldnt be much in the difference?
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Uladh on August 24, 2008, 08:06:51 PM

I'd agree that derry have the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game. they are however some distance behind at least 3 other ulster teams in terms of tactics, cohesion, etc

spot on

...poor star spangler and the other chappie cant get beyond their hatred

orangeman

Quote from: marty88 on August 25, 2008, 10:24:11 AM
Q for Derry fans, how was PC the cheaper option than Barton the last time round? Surly there couldnt be much in the difference?

How much did Paddy get for taking the team ?

loughshore lad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 25, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

I'd agree that derry have the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game. they are however some distance behind at least 3 other ulster teams in terms of tactics, cohesion, etc

spot on

Just out of interest who would you class as "the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game"?

screenexile

Quote from: loughshore lad on August 25, 2008, 01:02:30 PM

spot on

Just out of interest who would you class as "the most individual talent in ulster in every department of the game"?

Enda Muldoon? Definitely was as talented as Cavanagh but probably didn't have the backup... don't get me wrong though  Cavanagh is most certainly the best player around in Ulster at the minute and probably has been for 5/6 years.

As for the comment about "Tyrone's 2nd 15 being better than anything in Derry" well you and nobody else was saying that after Celtic Park in the league and I believe that was the best you had available at the time.

I maintain that if we played Tyrone in the morning we would still beat them!

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on August 25, 2008, 01:23:56 PM

spot on

Enda Muldoon? Definitely was as talented as Cavanagh but probably didn't have the backup... don't get me wrong though  Cavanagh is most certainly the best player around in Ulster at the minute and probably has been for 5/6 years.

As for the comment about "Tyrone's 2nd 15 being better than anything in Derry" well you and nobody else was saying that after Celtic Park in the league and I believe that was the best you had available at the time.

Of course you would - you'd beat them by 10 at least.

carribbear

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2008, 01:36:04 PM

spot on

Of course you would - you'd beat them by 10 at least.

If not 15 points at least

loughshore lad

spot on

Enda Muldoon is one player Screen, that doesnt constitute the best individual talent in Ulster??  Enda was a fantastic player, I have saw him produce some fantastic performances over the years for Ballinderry in particular.  But then again he is a Tyrone man at heart ;) ;D  Take him, Fergal Doherty and Paddy Bradley out of the Derry set up and the remaining players are no more talented than a number of other ulster counties in my opinion.

Where did I say Tyrones second 15 were better than anything in Derry?  Point it out if I did.  

As for if Derry would beat Tyrone in the morning that is irrevelant as Tyrone are still in the championship at present and Derry are not.  The current Derry squad have continually flattered to decieve when the pressure has been on suggesting they dont have what it takes to compete and win at the very highest level.  Contrast that to the current Tyrone squad that contains a number of players who have consistently delivered the goods on a number of occasions at the very highest level over the last 5 years.  Truth be told the genuine fans in Tyrone dont know where we stand at present, unsure if the Dublin game was a reflection of more to come or their peak for the season but isn't it great to be in a position to go to croker this sunday and find out ;D

screenexile

When you said best individual talent in every department of the game I thought you meant which individual, not which team has the most individual talent.

And the other comment was made by someone else I wasn't just getting at you.

The whole bottle/talent thing when it comes to Derry really gets to me. I'm 26 and have watched the current crop of players we have come through the ranks, played with some, played against pretty much them all. I am CONVINCED that we have the talent available to win an All Ireland. I am also convinced that Derry have been let down in the management stakes for a number of years which has contributed massively to our underachievement. If you look at it objectively we had Coleman who was a good manager, Moran proved not to have the bottle, Mullins useless, Coleman again who was within a whisker of getting our 2nd All Ireland, Moran again who got lucky getting us to an AISF and then Crozier who came from pretty much nowhere and proved not to have the tactical knowledge needed for proper success.

If we had a Mickey Harte, Malachy O'Rourke, Joe Kernan there is no doubt in my mind we would have at least 4 All Irelands. Yes players have to take some criticism for our situation but it doesn't matter how good your team is, if they have no direction and no proper leader they will not achieve no matter how hard they try!

lynchbhoy

Id agree with screenexile on that loughshore - as for naming who on the derry Xv is better than on the tyrone XV or vice versa, well thats always going to be subjective

I'd love to see a man with mickey hartes calibre in charge of Derry, wont happen (harte that is) and it remains to be seen if there is another viable option with that kind of nous , but I'd also believe that Derry have enough individual talent to win ulster and potentially more.
They won a league on player power alone. Leagues are not the be all and end all, but not too many AI winners havent won the league also in recent years and it is a decent yardstick of potential.
That derry continually fail is another.

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on August 25, 2008, 02:14:49 PM
When you said best individual talent in every department of the game I thought you meant which individual, not which team has the most individual talent.

And the other comment was made by someone else I wasn't just getting at you.

The whole bottle/talent thing when it comes to Derry really gets to me. I'm 26 and have watched the current crop of players we have come through the ranks, played with some, played against pretty much them all. I am CONVINCED that we have the talent available to win an All Ireland. I am also convinced that Derry have been let down in the management stakes for a number of years which has contributed massively to our underachievement. If you look at it objectively we had Coleman who was a good manager, Moran proved not to have the bottle, Mullins useless, Coleman again who was within a whisker of getting our 2nd All Ireland, Moran again who got lucky getting us to an AISF and then Crozier who came from pretty much nowhere and proved not to have the tactical knowledge needed for proper success.

If we had a Mickey Harte, Malachy O'Rourke, Joe Kernan there is no doubt in my mind we would have at least 4 All Irelands. Yes players have to take some criticism for our situation but it doesn't matter how good your team is, if they have no direction and no proper leader they will not achieve no matter how hard they try!

You're not serious Screen ???? You simplt can't be serious about that ?

If you are, fair play to you, you're an optomist !