Queen visit to the North

Started by Tankie, March 19, 2008, 02:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on March 19, 2008, 04:35:35 PM
Mugabe is a different story, what he is doing at this present day is shocking. Alot of the British faults are in the past and have made a genuine effort toward Ireland in recent times. If we were to bring up the past we would not welcome, German, Italian or Spanish heads of states for what they have done in the world or the Chinese leader but people will still talk to him. I would expect my Sinn Fein elected TD to meet the Queen if she was in Dublin and I would never vote for Sinn Fein again if they did not.
one of the most stupid posts I have read on this board.

tankie - if you have voted sf before, then just dont bother voting for them again - although their politics south of the border is towards local community issues - which you obv have no regard for.

magickingdom - just to clarify as you seem to have been fooled into the trap set by the media - sf are NOT the IRA.

as for the queen, I dont really have a prob with her visiting NI, I dont really give a fiddlers whether she visits dublin either .
I suppose I now feel a bit sorry for the lads who have had their travelling and so on disrupted due to the visit, and I suppose I'd selfishly feel the same if it caused me the same disruption if and when the queen arrives in Dublin - though hopefully it will be a weekend so no traffic problems.

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 20, 2008, 02:10:38 PM
Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: Fluffy Che on March 20, 2008, 10:50:19 AM
We've had republicans giving up their lives on hunger strike for what they believe in.

Sinn Fein members murdered by British forces.

Sinn Fein member's families murdered by British forces.

Republicans and nationalists murdered and harassed by British forces.

Now they're going to lose a vote if they don't meet the Queen!

Jeeez, you boys have a hard life down there..

Times move on, And Yes they have lost my vote and I expect them to act like adults and move on from the past and work together to sort it all out. It is not the Queen that has said she wants the North, its the majority of the people in the North who want to remain British.

In the space of a morning we end up with - in bold!!  ::)

No agenda here then - move on

Gaoth Dobhair Abu , What exactly are you actually trying to point out?
Grand Slam Saturday!

nifan

I really dont know why people are interested in the royal family.

Zapatista

Quote from: Gnevin on March 20, 2008, 01:46:31 PM
If a Sinn Fein lad became Minster for foreign affairs down here would he also pick and choose who to meet?

Yes. Why not?

Mary McAleese has lost my vote.....hold on a minute......

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on March 20, 2008, 02:49:43 PM
If a Sinn Fein lad became Minster for foreign affairs down here would he also pick and choose who to meet?

Yes. Why not?

Because decisions should be made for the good of the country and not party politics!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 02:51:01 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on March 20, 2008, 02:49:43 PM

Yes. Why not?

Because decisions should be made for the good of the country and not party politics!

I'm sure it would get just concideration. If the SF Minister decided it wasn't good for the Country and not to meet them then, that would be the Ministers decision and vice-versa. Don't you think?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 02:40:25 PM
We've had republicans giving up their lives on hunger strike for what they believe in.

Times move on, And Yes they have lost my vote and I expect them to act like adults and move on from the past and work together to sort it all out. It is not the Queen that has said she wants the North, its the majority of the people in the North who want to remain British.

Thought it was pretty obvious, you started the morning claiming to have given a vote to SF and then said that you may change your mind in the future about giving SF a preference in the future, if certain conditions/events came to pass. Then you stated that you wouldn't vote for SF. Simple really.
Tbc....

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 20, 2008, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 02:40:25 PM

Thought it was pretty obvious, you started the morning claiming to have given a vote to SF and then said that you may change your mind in the future about giving SF a preference in the future, if certain conditions/events came to pass. Then you stated that you wouldn't vote for SF. Simple really.

Oh Gaoth Dobhair Abu i should really just report you to the MOD for being a Troll or a WUM because you must not have read my statements that you have studied so much on your busy day and missed the word AGAIN in each of the highlighted statements.

So AGAIN i will say that i have voted for sinn fein but certain action that i would feel that are not for the good of the country would make me choice not to vote for them AGAIN.

Please don't make me say it AGAIN.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

FFS you taking lessons from Sammy?
Not going to repeat myself again, suffice to say i doubt you ever voted SF at all in the past and will not be missed in the future.
AGAIN - "Yes they have lost my vote "     ::)
Tbc....

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 20, 2008, 03:25:36 PM
Not going to repeat myself again, suffice to say i doubt you ever voted SF at all in the past and will not be missed in the future.

You are really talking rubbish now Gaoth Dobhair Abu. A simple apology will do and i will forget all about this and you won't have to keep making a fool out of yourself from half reading other peoples post and making assumptions on their character.
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 03:34:56 PM

You are really talking rubbish now Gaoth Dobhair Abu. A simple apology will do and i will forget all about this and you won't have to keep making a fool out of yourself from half reading other peoples post and making assumptions on their character.
fecks sake tankie
give it a rest, from what you have written (daftly imo) on this thread, I think GDA's 'assumption' looks fair enough.
or are you guilty of being a wum here?

if not then You are bringing this debate down to an awful level like that fecker hardstation does. You're probably even worse than him.

Tankie

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 20, 2008, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 03:34:56 PM

fecks sake tankie
give it a rest, from what you have written (daftly imo) on this thread, I think GDA's 'assumption' looks fair enough.
or are you guilty of being a wum here?

How was assumption fair enough, it was based on a missed quote and then when that was pointed out to him he started ranting about me making it up. You might be better off reading the thread too. But once again another thread distroyed but somebody pulling somebody up on a comment but in this case pulled up incorrectly. Don't think anymore needs to be said!
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 03:55:32 PM
How was assumption fair enough, it was based on a missed quote and then when that was pointed out to him he started ranting about me making it up. You might be better off reading the thread too. But once again another thread distroyed but somebody pulling somebody up on a comment but in this case pulled up incorrectly. Don't think anymore needs to be said!
You are serious - deffo you are bringing this debate down to below a level like hardstation does. You're now def worse than him.

I hope the easter bunny brings you more than eggs. :o :D

You are just plain mad.

Tankie

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 20, 2008, 03:58:28 PM
Quote from: Tankie on March 20, 2008, 03:55:32 PM
You are serious - deffo you are bringing this debate down to below a level like hardstation does. You're now def worse than him.

I hope the easter bunny brings you more than eggs. :o :D

You are just plain mad.

i want to go back to the subject that this thread is about but you boys miss quoted me so i must defend myself. Normally it wouldnt bother me but i was targeted by each of my statements being highlight in bold as if i was in error when infact i was not. GDU seems to have gone to dround on the issue so i will leave it here and take it as an honest mistake on his behalf.

Shocking slander of Hardstation tho, he is a new man! Keep it up Hardstation you are doing great!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Tankie, if you want to get back on topic you could start by answering my question.

Don't mention it I'm glad to help.