Queen visit to the North

Started by Tankie, March 19, 2008, 02:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

I was just reading there today that the Queen is up the North today but there is no mention of any nationalist or the Deputy First Minister meeting her. Should Martin and the boys not be making an effort here for cross community relations?

I notice Mary is up there but representing us though.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Donagh

She was round our way this morning, though I turned down an invitation for an 'audience' in favour of one of my colleagues who could actually give a fcuk.

T Fearon

The lowest key visit of Ugly Betty of all time. Typical of the free staters sending Mc Aleese up to arse lick and I see Cardinal Brady is choosing to offend his flock by meeting her in Armagh. It wasn't even headline news up here last night. How times have changed. Apparently she's giving a load of purses with money in Armagh tomorrow though.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2008, 02:46:36 PM
The lowest key visit of Ugly Betty of all time. Typical of the free staters sending Mc Aleese up to arse lick and I see Cardinal Brady is choosing to offend his flock by meeting her in Armagh. It wasn't even headline news up here last night. How times have changed. Apparently she's giving a load of purses with money in Armagh tomorrow though.

I don't know about low key Tone - the security in the City Centre at the moment is absolutely hectic - sniffer dogs, gratons being lifted etc

T Fearon

Didn't know she was visiting the Shambles or banbrook ;D

Tankie

Lads does nobody think that Sinn Fein should have some representive meeting the Queen as they are in government and hold the Deputy First minister role?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2008, 03:47:56 PM

:D   :D  

Indeed - I believe that First Mnister for the Shambles, Pat Molloy, is due to meet ER!!  

Now that will be a meeting of cultures!!   :o

Donagh

One of the Sunday papers were reporting the dissidents were going to assassinate her with an RPG-7 they'd got their hands on.  ::)

Hopefully they didn't spend too much money procuring that particular piece of high tech weaponry.  ;D

T Fearon

Tankie, it would be electoral suicide up here if a Sinn Fein member were to meet the Queen of England, and quite possibly risking physical harm as well.

The Shinners probably think that they have moved enough by simply not protesting at the visit, like they used to.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Tankie on March 19, 2008, 03:50:09 PM
Lads does nobody think that Sinn Fein should have some representive meeting the Queen as they are in government and hold the Deputy First minister role?

The First Minister Met the Queen today so I suppose he was representing wee Marty.  Cosy eh?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on March 19, 2008, 03:55:56 PM
Quote from: Tankie on March 19, 2008, 03:50:09 PM

The First Minister Met the Queen today so I suppose he was representing wee Marty today.  Cosy eh?

That's why there be two aff them.

Tankie

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2008, 03:55:09 PM
Tankie, it would be electoral suicide up here if a Sinn Fein member were to meet the Queen of England, and quite possibly risking physical harm as well.

The Shinners probably think that they have moved enough by simply not protesting at the visit, like they used to.

Thats fair enough i guess. I wonder what their stance is down here as I gave one of them a vote down here but if i was too hear that he would have a problem meeting a Foreign Head of state after being invited by the Government he wouldn't be getting my vote again.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Candyman

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 19, 2008, 03:51:28 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2008, 03:47:56 PM

:D   :D  

Indeed - I believe that First Mnister for the Shambles, Pat Molloy, is due to meet ER!!  

Now that will be a meeting of cultures!!   :o
Rumour has it Gadaffi will also be providing the entertainment...  :D :D :D

Orior

Quote from: Donagh on March 19, 2008, 03:53:25 PM
One of the Sunday papers were reporting the dissidents were going to assassinate her with an RPG-7 they'd got their hands on.  ::)

Hopefully they didn't spend too much money procuring that particular piece of high tech weaponry.  ;D

Yeah, and them boys probably tried to buy an RPG on e-bay and ended up with some bearded sandel wearing 55 year-old IBM programmer being delivered in the post.

But that's neither here nor there. I'm sure Betty's visit will keep the planters happy for another while, and thats why she came.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Tankie, you will probably discern that there is a world of difference between welcomig a Head of State and meeting the representative of a sectarian monarchy (from which catholics are debarred) from a nation that has caused untold misery and suffering in your own country.

Would you be happy if any of your representatives welcomed Mugabe to Dublin?