Mayo v Kerry Official Thread

Started by Barney, March 10, 2008, 08:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo51

mayo 0.3 kerry 1.02 8 min.  k.conroy playing f.b  for mayo

Our Nail Loney

BJP not start then? Who got the Kerry goal?

mayo51

mayo 0.08  kerry 1.08  33 min. gone.a.omalley 0.03 from play. b.sheehan scored goal from penalty

doirebhoy

is this game on radio via web??? how can i get it

Our Nail Loney

mayo51

mayo51

mayo  0.16  kerry 1.12  injury time

Tubberman

Is that the final score?? I have no access to midwest and rte don't seem to be updating their site  >:(
Brilliant result if that's the final score! Any chance of a match report? How did Conroy get on at FB??
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayo51

a.omalley injury time point.  mayo 0.16  kerry 1.12  f.t   .sheehan missed 30 yard free near end. conroy played very well and donaghy was not a factor.mayo had t.mort playing in front of the full backline

Zulu

Decent game and deserved win for Mayo IMO, I thought both Mortimers played well and Conroy was very good at full back. O'Malley at FF kcked some great scores, has trimed down and looks very fit however other than himself and the 2 Mort's I thought the other forwards were fairly poor especially Andy Moran who won a reasonable amount of ball but rarely took the right option.

tyroneboi

See Mr Donaghy was being a bold boy at the end!!

jodyb

What about donaghy showing his ture sporting colours? Giving the finger to the Mayo fans. Disgraceful!!  I wonder will the CDC take note of that. he should definitely be disciplined.

dodo

I don't think Donaghy should be disciplined at all, had a shot for a point that went wide. Mayo supporters behind the goal celebrated it overly enthusiastically with some jeering and he just responded with a finger gesture ! Mayo were beat handily at midfield in first half and looked second best to a more composed Kerry team. Went in at half time 1-09 to 0-9 down but came out strongly in second half to draw back level, and then take the lead for the first time. Sheehan scored a monster free from 50m out in the second half but missed a 20m free slightly to the left of goal with minutes to go that would have given Kerry the lead. Mayo went on to score 2 points that seemed at times like an improbable victory.

Maguire01

Quote from: dodo on March 16, 2008, 06:39:21 PM
I don't think Donaghy should be disciplined at all, had a shot for a point that went wide. Mayo supporters behind the goal celebrated it overly enthusiastically with some jeering and he just responded with a finger gesture !

He's a sportsman - he should display some discipline.  He's also a role model to many young fans. He should face consequences for such behaviour.