Mayo v Kerry Official Thread

Started by Barney, March 10, 2008, 08:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Thought gardiner was very poor yesterday, just not good enough
Impressed with parsons when he came on

Did anyone else notice McGarritys narky response to the 7 yr old that grabbed him at the end of the match? Far worse than anything Donaghy did

Would be worried with the celebrating that went on after yesterdays match, cue overhyping again
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 17, 2008, 08:02:32 PM

Did anyone else notice McGarritys narky response to the 7 yr old that grabbed him at the end of the match? Far worse than anything Donaghy did

I didn't see it Mayo4Sam - maybe you could elaborate? And tell us what you yourself normally do when seven year olds grab you? I'm inclined to shoo them away myself but, you know, that could be just me.  :D

stephenite

Quote from: Main Street on March 17, 2008, 04:18:27 PM
But what will we see in the Summer, Kerry nerves shot in the last 10 minutes, Donaghy with legs of jelly, Dara O'Sé powerless like a Superman with kryptonite and Sheehan looking up the Gods wondering what happened.

Main Street - are you even from Mayo?

Mayo4Sam

Its wasn't just a shoo away more of a shoving the poor young fella off him, this is the captain of the mayo team to a young fella who obviously looks up to him
Bad form i thought

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 17, 2008, 09:52:35 PM
Its wasn't just a shoo away more of a shoving the poor young fella off him, this is the captain of the mayo team to a young fella who obviously looks up to him
Bad form i thought

Did he flatten the young fella? Did the young fella make an extremley inapproprioate comment? Did the young fella actually jump up on him or just approach him?

Mayo4Sam

the young lad ran onto the pitch, celebrating, jumped up on mcgarrity's back/arm, hes a 7 yr old and small

stephenite

Whilst I obviously didn't see it, I can only suggest that perhaps Ronan was carrying a knock and didn't want to exacerbate it, Ronan seems to do a lot of work with young people on his own time.

Mhic Easmuint

Full details and you your ticket online at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Feel free to ask questions on the main thread.

johnpower

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 16, 2008, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: dodo on March 16, 2008, 06:39:21 PM
I don't think Donaghy should be disciplined at all, had a shot for a point that went wide. Mayo supporters behind the goal celebrated it overly enthusiastically with some jeering and he just responded with a finger gesture !

He's a sportsman - he should display some discipline.  He's also a role model to many young fans. He should face consequences for such behaviour.

Ah  get a grip . What about clerkin in croke park last year .?.That was sportsmanship

johnpower

Good advert for Leauge football yesterday in McHale park . John O has Mayo well organised and they made less mistakes than Kerry which in the end made the difference .

I also thought that Mayo were much sharper than Kerry who gave the ball away quite a bit . Its hard to know how significant this match will be as the year goes on .Have Mayo much training done and have they many players to come back?.

Main Street

Quote from: stephenite on March 17, 2008, 09:48:12 PM
But what will we see in the Summer, Kerry nerves shot in the last 10 minutes, Donaghy with legs of jelly, Dara O'Sé powerless like a Superman with kryptonite and Sheehan looking up the Gods wondering what happened.

Like Charlie Haughey :)

What type of an idiotic question is that anyway?

stephenite

Quote from: Main Street on March 18, 2008, 12:37:05 AM

It irks me that someone can come onto this thread having a go at a half strength Kerry team that Mayo were lucky to beat - certainly shows who the idiot is

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 17, 2008, 08:02:32 PM
Thought gardiner was very poor yesterday, just not good enough
Impressed with parsons when he came on

Id agree on both accounts. Gardiner didnt contribute much. I liked the look of Parsons when he came on too.
At least he was contesting the ball at mid-field although a few times he jumped with McGarity when one of them should have waited for the break.
I thought James Gill was solid enough and broke a lot of high balls that came his way. He worked hard and got a nice score. I was happy with his performance.

I was disappointed with McGarity. He looked awkward and quite weak. Even the possession he did win he seemed to spill or Kerry just ripped the ball from him. He seemed to be on the floor a lot and generally speaking got wiped at mid-field. I wouldnt be confident with him going forward.

Going back to the Donaughy saga; he was way out of order and there is no denying it. Its not the first time he has stepped out of line like this. Fair enough he looked frustrated but thats no excuse. He received a wrap on the knuckles whan he goaded the Armagh keeper a couple of years back but this gesture is a little more serious. It will be interesting to see what happens. Personally I dont think he should be banned for a game or anything but he needs to get some sort of reprimand because as I said its not the first time. 

Main Street

Quote from: stephenite on March 18, 2008, 12:48:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 18, 2008, 12:37:05 AM

It irks me that someone can come onto this thread having a go at a half strength Kerry team that Mayo were lucky to beat - certainly shows who the idiot is
You are way off the mark.
I was replying to a Kerryman and the comment was firmly tongue in cheek. As half of my family are Kerry I am well used to discussing football with them. Not only that, I am quite well aware of the team that Kerry had out on the day and come Summer time there is no way they would end the game like that, throwing possession away and giving Mayo 3 chances to win the game.

stephenite

Fair enough Main Street - the other issues on the board were pissing me off at the time so I was being a  tad unreasonable in hindsight