Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

ONeill

Rarest of reports on Hoganstand:

Listless Lisbellaw Succumb to St Gall's
05 October 2009

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship - 2009
Quarter Final-2009
Lisbellaw St Patrick's, 1 gl. 6 pts; St Gall's, 6 gls. 16 pts.
At Brewster park, Enniskillen

In what that could only describe in sporting parlance as miss match between a recently relegated Division "1" St Galls' side and recently promoted Division "3" side Lisbellaw. This largely one sided tie saw the winners who had experience, skill and belief runaway with an Intermediate hurling Championship quarter win over their hapless hosts Lisbellaw.

Though it was the "host'" Lisbellaw who were first up to the scoring plate, when they popped over two pints from Rory Bogue and Declan McGarry. They St Patrick's side had also held the Antrim side to no less than three draws well before the games first quarter was over. However the games remaining three quarters were firmly under the grip of St Gall's of Belfast. The Antrim side following a mêlée early in the first were reduced to fourteen men. Many Lisbellaw supporters this was an opportunity for the St Patrick's lads top compete with the St Gall's on near level playing field. However the score at the games interval told it all.

Half time scores
Lisbellaw St Patrick's, 0 gl.5 pts; St Gall's, 2 gls. 16 pts.

More St Gall's Dominance

With the now cocky and very assured Belfast side retaking the pitch and the game by the scruff of it's the St Gall's side went on to add a further 4 goals 8 points and Lisbellaw adding a modest 1 goal 3 points it evident that that the Lisbellaw players, managers and supporters that the had come a division too far. Meanwhile Lisbellaw will reflect on their great victory in Ulster Division "3" final over Newry Shamrocks with a score of 3 goals 12 points to 2 goals 9 points for the south side. Other favourable news is that Lisbellaw are presently runners up in the Armagh Senior Hurling League just behind Keady.

Final Scores

Lisbellaw St Patrick's, 1 gl. 6 pts; St Gall's, 6 gls. 8 pts.

Teams, Lisbellaw St Patrick's, Peter McEvoy, J.P. McGarry, Fergus Bannon, David Slevin, Colum Rice, Mark Slevin, Mathew Teague, Brendan McGarry, Ryan Bogue ( 2 pts), John Duffy, Karl kehoe (1 gl. 2 pts.), Andrew Breslin, Sean Corrigan, Declan McGarry ( Capt.), Dermott Curran.
Subs, Dwyane McPhillip's, Paul McCarney, Cathal McGarry, Ciaran McTeague, Brian Jones, Eoin Markey, Rory Porteous & Stephen Brannigan.

Managers, Seamus McCusker, Sean Duffy & Gary Winterson.

St Gall's, Connor Austin, Stephen Morrison, Terry Austin, David Sheehan, Joseph McDaniel, Kieran McGourty ( 1 pt.), Anthony Healy, Johnny Flynn (Capt.), Ciaran O'Grady, Ciaran Gallagher, Alfie Hannaway, Sean McAreavey, Karl Stewart ( 3 gls. 2 pts.), Aodhan Gallagher & Connor McGourty.

Manager, Darren McKeown.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Fermanagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=118694
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2009, 06:09:27 PM

05 October 2009

Quarter Final-2009

In what that could only describe in sporting parlance as miss match between a recently relegated Division "1" St Galls' side and recently promoted Division "3" side Lisbellaw. This largely one sided tie saw the winners who had experience, skill and belief runaway with an Intermediate hurling Championship quarter win over their hapless hosts Lisbellaw.

Though it was the "host'" Lisbellaw who were first up to the scoring plate, when they popped over two pints from Rory Bogue and Declan McGarry. They St Patrick's side had also held the Antrim side to no less than three draws well before the games first quarter was over. However the games remaining three quarters were firmly under the grip of St Gall's of Belfast. The Antrim side following a mêlée early in the first were reduced to fourteen men. Many Lisbellaw supporters this was an opportunity for the St Patrick's lads top compete with the St Gall's on near level playing field. However the score at the games interval told it all.

Half time scores

More St Gall's Dominance

With the now cocky and very assured Belfast side retaking the pitch and the game by the scruff of it's the St Gall's side went on to add a further 4 goals 8 points and Lisbellaw adding a modest 1 goal 3 points it evident that that the Lisbellaw players, managers and supporters that the had come a division too far. Meanwhile Lisbellaw will reflect on their great victory in Ulster Division "3" final over Newry Shamrocks with a score of 3 goals 12 points to 2 goals 9 points for the south side. Other favourable news is that Lisbellaw are presently runners up in the Armagh Senior Hurling League just behind Keady.

Final Scores

Teams, Lisbellaw St Patrick's, Peter McEvoy, J.P. McGarry, Fergus Bannon, David Slevin, Colum Rice, Mark Slevin, Mathew Teague, Brendan McGarry, Ryan Bogue ( 2 pts), John Duffy, Karl kehoe (1 gl. 2 pts.), Andrew Breslin, Sean Corrigan, Declan McGarry ( Capt.), Dermott Curran.
Subs, Dwyane McPhillip's, Paul McCarney, Cathal McGarry, Ciaran McTeague, Brian Jones, Eoin Markey, Rory Porteous & Stephen Brannigan.

St Gall's, Connor Austin, Stephen Morrison, Terry Austin, David Sheehan, Joseph McDaniel, Kieran McGourty ( 1 pt.), Anthony Healy, Johnny Flynn (Capt.), Ciaran O'Grady, Ciaran Gallagher, Alfie Hannaway, Sean McAreavey, Karl Stewart ( 3 gls. 2 pts.), Aodhan Gallagher & Connor McGourty.

Manager, Darren McKeown.

surely a wind up by your good self ;D

clicked on that link!!! met that guy who does the write ups for Fermangh hurling, he came asking who did the scoring!!! reminded me off McGettining (spelt wrongly) who covered all the antrim games.

haranguerer

theres some complete eejit who puts reports on the hs site - this is one of his better attempts, which tells you all you need to know.

Clearly a basic knowlege of english, not to mention hurling/football, is not required

playwiththewind1st

Though it was the "host'" Lisbellaw who were first up to the scoring plate, when they popped over two pints from Rory Bogue and Declan McGarry.

Now we know why M.R. has taken umbrage - glasses flying over the bar is a wee bit dangerous.

FermGael

Remaining fixtures in SFL1
Sunday 11/10/10

Devenish - - St. Patricks   
Tempo - - Derrygonnelly 
Roslea - - St. Josephs   
Enniskillen - - Belcoo
Teemore - - Newtownbutler

Sunday 18/11/10(This is just when i think they will happen)
Roslea - - Derrygonnelly   
Tempo - - St. Josephs   
Devenish - - Belcoo
St. Patricks - - Newtownbutler   
Teemore - - Enniskillen   

The top four pretty assured at this stage although Belcoo could still gatecrash it for Tempo or Devenish.

The bottom 4 seem to be battling it our for relegation.
Have no clue who will go down. 
Its not impossible that Enniskillen, St Josephs and St Pat's might not win another game this year.
One win for either of this 3 teams could make all the difference.
Newtown vs St Pat's could well be a pivotal game yet. 

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

I'd say the same boy would find those easy enough to swallow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

playwiththewind1st

he's off it.....according to himself, until they lift the AI IHC in Feb/Mar next year.

milltown row

aontroim

Is there is some Loughgiel connection with these lads?

saffron sam2

05 October 2009

Quarter Final-2009

Half time scores

More St Gall's Dominance

Final Scores

Manager, Darren McKeown.

That's the best bit of counting I've ever seen.

Top of the article 6-16 to 1-6
Adding second half scores to half time totals 6-24 to 1-8
End of the article 6-8 to 1-6.

I reckon FermGael is doing a bit of moonlighting as a reporter.

Oh,and by the way, one of those St. Gall's defenders goes by the moniker "Chainsaw".

Everything's not as clear cut as milltown row would have us believe.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Lecale2

That's the best match report I've seen in while! Who was the referee MR?

Signum Fidei

Oh,and by the way, one of those St. Gall's defenders goes by the moniker "Chainsaw".

seriously sam!!!!! none of the st galls defenders are called that and i know all of them so done know were you are getting that.  and as for lisbellaw what can you say...............leave it at that and for st galls man being send off he got a fairly good crack across the knee before the incident if you could call it that it was more like a kiss but still, you can't do it.  and as for people saying he was only a school kid if he is big enough to be running about giving it out he is big enough to take it.  There was a awful lot of pulling across the arms, hands and elbows of the galls players an awful lot thats where lisbellaw were getting there yellow cards from.  i also noticed a few lisbellaw boys won't shake hands at the end of the game...sportsmanship....however most did.

Ref was from Ballycran

saffron sam2

Quote from: Signum Fidei on October 06, 2009, 10:39:11 AM

seriously sam!!!!! none of the st galls defenders are called that and i know all of them so done know were you are getting that

It would appear that you don't know them as well as you think you do. I only know four of them and one of them is most definitely 'affectionately' known as "Chainsaw".

theskull1

You appear to being going "out of your way" on this one sam. Care to put your beef with stgalls in perspective?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffron sam2

Quote from: theskull1 on October 06, 2009, 11:13:08 AM
You appear to being going "out of your way" on this one sam. Care to put your beef with stgalls in perspective?

Yes, a quick glance at my posts will help you. If you still have any difficulties, let me know.

Ta.