Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2009, 09:27:39 PM
Who got hit? Off the ball? Injuries? Sendings off?

all 20 players got hit!!! then their line got involved. nothing off the ball think they had 15 players booked we'd one!!

ONeill

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 01:00:04 PM
St Galls may indeed be favourites but im sure a number of the dual players will also have one eye on the football at the minute. I would expect Lisbellaw to give either team a tough time of it.

ya's did that by trying to brutalise us on the pitch, ya know hurling sticks are for hitting the ball?

a shower of dirty Bast*rds

scoreline 6-16 to 1-6 (we'd 14 men for 50 minutes!!)

Jaysus Milltown would you not show a wee bit of class in victory.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2009, 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 09:26:39 PM
nothing really to report. worst team i've ever seen trying to play hurling. shouldn't be allowed to play at that level ever again.

not drinking, honestly!

waiting till its all over

oh change the title of this thread, hurling is not what they play
This one is even worse!

Aw FFS I didn't even see that. Come on Milltown - you'd expect that from a gombeen in the crowd, not from a man in your position. That's an awful slight on the club, the men who slog to get hurling in that part of the world up and running and those who have been coaching the young lads at that club for years. Ok, they possibly were outclassed and reacted badly but for Jaysus sake. If you think they lacked something, show them how it's done.

milltown row

Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2009, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 01:00:04 PM
St Galls may indeed be favourites but im sure a number of the dual players will also have one eye on the football at the minute. I would expect Lisbellaw to give either team a tough time of it.

ya's did that by trying to brutalise us on the pitch, ya know hurling sticks are for hitting the ball?

a shower of dirty Bast*rds

scoreline 6-16 to 1-6 (we'd 14 men for 50 minutes!!)

Jaysus Milltown would you not show a wee bit of class in victory.

O'Neill save your tripe for someone else, you were'nt there. we are trying to play hurling. i reckon had they have tried to play hurling the game would have been a lot closer.

we as a club are trying to play in two competitions over the next few weeks with a lot of the same players. but you'd find that difficult to understand

you don't take a team to play in a premier competition and expect to be cut up like that.

ONeill

That must be great news for Cavan Gaels. How many of your players are cut up, badly injured and unavailable for that game?

milltown row

two weeks for that game so i'd say they should be fine, worried about the hurling ones as we are out again on Sunday.

today was bad. if clubs are coaching players to whack people then stop, think about your coaching and change it.

aye hardstation we were but we never hacked people down, we always tried to play hurling.  would not have minded had they played hurling. like i said they would have done a lot better had they stuck to the hurling

Minder

Anytime St Galls played us in Glenariffe, after the match, win lose or draw we would feed the St Galls boyos with the finest granary bread sandwiches and their choice of freshly squeezed orange juice or tea before we waved them off on their long journey back to the big smoke.

Obviously you would think this is reciprocated in Milltown Row? Alas, no. What we are met with is no warm water, a blocked bog and the worst word in their mouth.

Shame on St Galls.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on October 04, 2009, 10:39:19 PM
Anytime St Galls played us in Glenariffe, after the match, win lose or draw we would feed the St Galls boyos with the finest granary bread sandwiches and their choice of freshly squeezed orange juice or tea before we waved them off on their long journey back to the big smoke.

Obviously you would think this is reciprocated in Milltown Row? Alas, no. What we are met with is no warm water, a blocked bog and the worst word in their mouth.

Shame on St Galls.

You're winding us surely.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2009, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 04, 2009, 10:39:19 PM

Shame on St Galls.

You're winding us surely.

Well maybe, sometimes the orange juice was squeezed the day before.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

That's bad form St Gall's. A wee bit of common decency is long remembered. Maybe Lisbellaw got wind of this.

aontroim

What I cant understand is how Lisbellaw ended up in the Ulster Intermediate competition - junior would be more their level and i think they have been playing in that comp (unsuccessfully too) in previous years?

ONeill

They won the Ulster Junior title last year so I suppose they wanted to try their hand at the Intermediate and got a hurling lesson. Still doesn't excuse Milltown's venom towards Fermanagh people and culture.

ONeill

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 10:01:35 PM

we as a club are trying to play in two competitions over the next few weeks with a lot of the same players. but you'd find that difficult to understand

If this was a real concern to you, why didn't you take the dual players off, given that you were whalloping them on the scoreboard?

milltown row

i did, all the hurlers play football.

ONeill

Hearing reports that your captain was sent off for headbutting a tiny Lisbellaw youngster. And what's this about your management team verbally and physically intimidating theirs? It takes two to tango but it seems there's more to this than meets the eye.