Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

The man in the middle

MR heard a few reports, how was the Ref? Not trying to start anything but we are keen to canvas opinions on this guy ourselves.

Drung

QuoteAw FFS I didn't even see that. Come on Milltown - you'd expect that from a gombeen in the crowd, not from a man in your position. That's an awful slight on the club, the men who slog to get hurling in that part of the world up and running and those who have been coaching the young lads at that club for years. Ok, they possibly were outclassed and reacted badly but for Jaysus sake. If you think they lacked something, show them how it's done.

I saw Lisbellaw play Mullahoran from Cavan in the junior last year, the game went to a replay.
Let me clearly state that lisbellaw were the dirtiest team I have ever seen. Couple of decent hurlers at that level but my God they were filthy.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2009, 09:55:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2009, 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 09:26:39 PM
nothing really to report. worst team i've ever seen trying to play hurling. shouldn't be allowed to play at that level ever again.

not drinking, honestly!

waiting till its all over

oh change the title of this thread, hurling is not what they play
This one is even worse!

Aw FFS I didn't even see that. Come on Milltown - you'd expect that from a gombeen in the crowd, not from a man in your position. That's an awful slight on the club, the men who slog to get hurling in that part of the world up and running and those who have been coaching the young lads at that club for years. Ok, they possibly were outclassed and reacted badly but for Jaysus sake. If you think they lacked something, show them how it's done.

Hear, hear.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 05, 2009, 11:11:49 AM
nothing really to report. worst team i've ever seen trying to play hurling. shouldn't be allowed to play at that level ever again.

not drinking, honestly!

This one is even worse!

Aw FFS I didn't even see that. Come on Milltown - you'd expect that from a gombeen in the crowd, not from a man in your position. That's an awful slight on the club, the men who slog to get hurling in that part of the world up and running and those who have been coaching the young lads at that club for years. Ok, they possibly were outclassed and reacted badly but for Jaysus sake. If you think they lacked something, show them how it's done.

Hear, hear.

we did, scoreline reflects that 6-16 to 1-6

so what your saying is that if a team is being outclassed then its ok to whack all round ya? yeah hmmmm i can see where your coming from ::)

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on October 04, 2009, 10:39:19 PM
Anytime St Galls played us in Glenariffe, after the match, win lose or draw we would feed the St Galls boyos with the finest granary bread sandwiches and their choice of freshly squeezed orange juice or tea before we waved them off on their long journey back to the big smoke.

Obviously you would think this is reciprocated in Milltown Row? Alas, no. What we are met with is no warm water, a blocked bog and the worst word in their mouth.

Shame on St Galls.

that wasn't orange juice!! and your right the sandwiches are lovely in Glenariffe, sure when you were lying injured that time minder i came out and offered you one (sandwich ;D) but before a major operation ya can't have food ;D

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on October 05, 2009, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 05, 2009, 11:11:49 AM

not drinking, honestly!

This one is even worse!

Hear, hear.

we did, scoreline reflects that 6-16 to 1-6

so what your saying is that if a team is being outclassed then its ok to whack all round ya? yeah hmmmm i can see where your coming from ::)

What I am saying is that regardless of whether you win or lose, you behave with a bit of dignity and class. Lisbellaw obviously weren't able to do that. Neither, it appears, are you.

theskull1

More chance of showing a team "how it's done" when they can accept the difference in hurling standards in the proper manner rather than them trying to "beat" you in other ways. Like the semantics there ONeill..."reacted badly"  :D

Total respect for those interested in developing the game but it sounds like Lisbellaw have no respect at all for the game. Quite how reacting badly on a hurling pitch will encourage others in Fermanagh to play it I'll never know?

Don't youse also have the U21 hurling championship to deal with as well milltown? A tough month ahead for some

Back to your changing facilities ...is there no chance of them being refurbed? There's bound to be some sort of funding that could help youse in that regard. They are a holy disgrace. I take it all your lads head home for the shower (after the sandwiches of course)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Big crowd at the game I suppose ? Would love to have been there-  the county boys still don't like the city boys' accents apparently ?  ;)

ONeill

The stats show that there was one red card - the St Gall's captain, for heatbutting a wee lad who's still at school.

Get wired into them Dungannon - they don't like it up them!! Might go to it. This Intermediate campaign could be a memorable competition.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

we've no money Skull, just because we have a bar doesn't make the punters come in and use it, and with me on a health drive they are seriously lacking the extra cash!!!

our club has like others have lost out since the peace process as punters choose to go to the town rather than 'stay close' fundraising has to be done. current climate has made everyone tighten their belts and trying to get money off people is difficult.

now throw in a senior football team who have been in the Ulster championship for the past 8/9 years and its a fair bit of expense (has you in Dunloy know)

Changing rooms have been better lately. there are still worse facilities out there, I'll not name them.

as for the red card, well two heads clashed, headbutt?? well i doubt it linesman was intimidated by the line

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on October 05, 2009, 11:48:40 AM
we've no money Skull, just because we have a bar doesn't make the punters come in and use it, and with me on a health drive they are seriously lacking the extra cash!!!

our club has like others have lost out since the peace process as punters choose to go to the town rather than 'stay close' fundraising has to be done. current climate has made everyone tighten their belts and trying to get money off people is difficult.

now throw in a senior football team who have been in the Ulster championship for the past 8/9 years and its a fair bit of expense (has you in Dunloy know)

Changing rooms have been better lately. there are still worse facilities out there, I'll not name them.

as for the red card, well two heads clashed, headbutt?? well i doubt it linesman was intimidated by the line

Heard it was clear cut. Nobody I've been talking to has attempted to defend it.

Each to his own I suppose.

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2009, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: greeny on September 23, 2009, 01:00:04 PM
St Galls may indeed be favourites but im sure a number of the dual players will also have one eye on the football at the minute. I would expect Lisbellaw to give either team a tough time of it.

ya's did that by trying to brutalise us on the pitch, ya know hurling sticks are for hitting the ball?

a shower of dirty Bast*rds

scoreline 6-16 to 1-6 (we'd 14 men for 50 minutes!!)

Jaysus Milltown would you not show a wee bit of class in victory.

O'Neill save your tripe for someone else, you were'nt there. we are trying to play hurling. i reckon had they have tried to play hurling the game would have been a lot closer.

we as a club are trying to play in two competitions over the next few weeks with a lot of the same players. but you'd find that difficult to understand

you don't take a team to play in a premier competition and expect to be cut up like that.

This caused one of the very few LOL moments I've had on the board recently.

Good man MR.

milltown row

thanks, i know you needed a laugh ;D

greeny

St Galls were the dirty team, all lisbellaw bookings were either badly timed challenges or unlucky, no lisbellaw player deserves tp be sent off.

May i also add that the filthy abuse that was being roared from some of the st galls fans was an absolute disgrace, especially from one very loumouth female supporter who had all the grace and manners of a pig!

Manners are easily carried!

playwiththewind1st

It gets better....I can only but wish that I had been there !