Sky Digital

Started by girt_giggler, November 20, 2007, 11:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 20, 2007, 12:19:51 PM
TG4 and RTE 1/ RTE 2 are on sky but TV3 is not.

Not sure that analogue sources will be unwatchable on flat panels - would have assumed all new tvs would be compatible with both analogue and digital signals so you should still be fit to get analogue through an aerial AFAIK. Unless you're talking about flaky reception - which should be treated the same for analogue anyway...

What I mean is for the llikes of hurling matches, they would be unwatchable bearing in mind my rte/tg4 analogue signals are pretty weak. Has anyone up north an experience of this
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gnevin

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 20, 2007, 11:52:37 AM
Was tuning in the telly to sky digital the other day, but it didn't recognise it as a digital signal - it came up as analogue.  Anyone know why this would happen?  It's a Sony telly, so no smart remarks about the oul' Beko tellies now.
Sky shoudn't need to to be tuned in , how is it cabled to the tv
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Balboa

Smiler An Dun

I have had sky for the past three years and is connected to the phone line (although after the initial 12 mths it doesn't need to be).

I went to order a movie through box office last week but a message came up saying insufficient funds left, to do so.  Any ideas??

Also, what is the best/easiest way of diverting the sky signal throughout the house without the use of another box?

imtommygunn

Skull for that reason sky is the business - no problem with reception on RTE / TG4.

Sky will block champions league matches and the premiership program on RTE but that aside everything is available.

Reception up our way is poor for the analogue TG4 and would make it especially hard to watch a hurling game - hence getting sky.

Billys Boots

QuoteSky shoudn't need to to be tuned in , how is it cabled to the tv

For the last TV, due to lack of scart sockets, it was cabled through the dvd to the TV.  There's 2 scarts on the new TV but one has been commandeered by the PS brigade - should I turf them out and cable the sky box directly?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Smiler An Dun on November 20, 2007, 12:33:49 PM
I have had sky for the past three years and is connected to the phone line (although after the initial 12 mths it doesn't need to be).

I went to order a movie through box office last week but a message came up saying insufficient funds left, to do so.  Any ideas??

Also, what is the best/easiest way of diverting the sky signal throughout the house without the use of another box?

at the back of your sky box you will have 2 rf out sockets,use 1 of these and take the coax cablr from there to your roofspace where you can connect it to the input of a distribution amp and from there run cables to as many rooms as you like,the only down side to this is that you can only watch the channel at which the sky box is set to in your main room.you can add a magic eye to your other rooms which will allow you to change the sky channel without actually getting up and going to your main room to turn to another station.

Bensars

Gnevin

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 20, 2007, 12:37:22 PM
QuoteSky shoudn't need to to be tuned in , how is it cabled to the tv

For the last TV, due to lack of scart sockets, it was cabled through the dvd to the TV.  There's 2 scarts on the new TV but one has been commandeered by the PS brigade - should I turf them out and cable the sky box directly?
HDMI is the best way to get High Def
How old is the TV?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: isourboydownyet on November 20, 2007, 12:42:56 PM

I went to order a movie through box office last week but a message came up saying insufficient funds left, to do so.  Any ideas??

at the back of your sky box you will have 2 rf out sockets,use 1 of these and take the coax cablr from there to your roofspace where you can connect it to the input of a distribution amp and from there run cables to as many rooms as you like,the only down side to this is that you can only watch the channel at which the sky box is set to in your main room.you can add a magic eye to your other rooms which will allow you to change the sky channel without actually getting up and going to your main room to turn to another station.
http://electronics.listings.ebay.ie/DVD-Home-Cinema_Wireless-Video-Transmitters_W0QQsacatZ109016QQsocmdZListingItemList

Video sender are the best way.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Gnevin on November 20, 2007, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on November 20, 2007, 12:42:56 PM

I went to order a movie through box office last week but a message came up saying insufficient funds left, to do so.  Any ideas??

http://electronics.listings.ebay.ie/DVD-Home-Cinema_Wireless-Video-Transmitters_W0QQsacatZ109016QQsocmdZListingItemList

Video sender are the best way.

video senders are useless,everytime somebody walks into the room the picture goes haywire,there that bad we have stopped selling them because we got noting but complaints

Rois

Quote from: Bensars on November 20, 2007, 12:22:50 PM

Free Installation, free sky + box and £ 50 M&S vouchers for her and me.

Everyones a winner ;D

How'd you manage that one - I knew about the £50 vouchers but not the free Sky + box and free installation!

That Andytown deal sounds like the multi-room deal where you have to take out the £10 per month multi-room subscription.  

Bensars

Just the offer they sent me.

I'll double check tonight, but 99.9% sure thats what it said.

Balboa

Quote from: Rois on November 20, 2007, 01:17:24 PM
Quote from: Bensars on November 20, 2007, 12:22:50 PM

Free Installation, free sky + box and £ 50 M&S vouchers for her and me.

Everyones a winner ;D

How'd you manage that one - I knew about the £50 vouchers but not the free Sky + box and free installation!

That Andytown deal sounds like the multi-room deal where you have to take out the £10 per month multi-room subscription.  

It isnt, its the box and installation. I am gonna go and see Senor Grinley this evening to see what the craic is. He always advertises it in Irish News.

gerrykeegan

Pm'd you there "isourboydownyet"
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)