Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2007, 02:54:42 PM
I thought King was absolutely superb as well.

king would be my man of the match. compare his performance at left half back to jordans. apart from his goal in the ulster final jordan has been very disappointing this year and has been going through the motions. maybe he his content with 2 all ireland medals in his back pocket? if that is the case then it should be justin mcmahon at left half back from now on.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Incidentally, I'd expect a report from Kerry Mike on how every Tyrone players shook the hand of his opposite number, just to be balanced don't you know!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dubh driocht

Call me old-fashioned but there is nothing like a big full-back winning a ball and 'walking out' to lift a team in a championship game. Fay is old school- he didn't do that much but what he did, he did with power and determination.Mc Mahon, on the other hand, was hesitant, making side-ways runs as opposed to Fay's direct bursts followed by an almighty boot. Cue the crowd roar.Cue the players respond.Tyrone didn't get this spark to light the fire- they will win 3 out of the next 5 Ulsters but no more AIs for at least 5 years.

Tyrones own

I thought King was absolutely superb as well. He's getting better with every game. I also thought there was nothing in the GG/Cavanagh incident. Watched it again as I'd recorded the match. If it was anyone else other than Graham no remarks would have been passed.

You're full of shite Jinxy, how you can say there was nothing in that challenge beggars belief,
1) the trademark GG rabbit punch to the back of the head
2) Followed by a kick in the side of the head as Sean was going down
3) then trampish of all, intentionally leaving the trailing boot low to catch him again in the head with the studs
  Yes all the one incident ::)  interesting to see if the CDC have anything to say about it as the ref didn't react!
  GG aside,  as someone said earlier, it would have been a travesty had Meath not came through,
Yes we were missing a few big time players not to mention Mulligan but there were also three or four
passengers on the field yesterday for too long, decisions like this don't get it done in Aug or Sept
Again Yesterday showed that the game is in dire need of finding ref's with balls to make calls >:(
Good Luck against Cork as i don't think they have gotten out of 2nd gear and haven't had to show they're hand yet
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Jinxy

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 05, 2007, 05:34:58 PM
I thought King was absolutely superb as well. He's getting better with every game. I also thought there was nothing in the GG/Cavanagh incident. Watched it again as I'd recorded the match. If it was anyone else other than Graham no remarks would have been passed.

You're full of shite Jinxy, how you can say there was nothing in that challenge beggars belief,
1) the trademark GG rabbit punch to the back of the head
2) Followed by a kick in the side of the head as Sean was going down
3) then trampish of all, intentionally leaving the trailing boot low to catch him again in the head with the studs

Yes all the one incident ::)  interesting to see if the CDC have anything to say about it as the ref didn't react!
  GG aside,  as someone said earlier, it would have been a travesty had Meath not came through,
Yes we were missing a few big time players not to mention Mulligan but there were also three or four
passengers on the field yesterday for too long, decisions like this don't get it done in Aug or Sept
Again Yesterday showed that the game is in dire need of finding ref's with balls to make calls >:(
Good Luck against Cork as i don't think they have gotten out of 2nd gear and haven't had to show they're hand yet

Think you've been watching too many Bruce Lee films if you think all these were intentional. Slow motion replays make everything look considered and premeditated. Just look at O'Connell accidentally standing on Doohers head in '96. The replay made it look much worse than it was. The game isn't played in slow motion.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrones own

So playing something in slow motion somehow alters the reality of what actually happened, :D
  You good craic alright........
  - Walter Lippmann

Jinxy

Well if he managed to deliberately (as you say) punch a man and kick him twice as he was falling within the blink of an eye, he would be better off in the UFC*.

*(Ulster Football Championship!) :-*
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

I thought Meath were great.

I didnt think they could be as good as that. I was farily happy to see them winning their prevous qualifiers as "I knew" it was only a matter of time before they were beaten. Now all of a sudden, the feckers are genuine All Ireland contenders!

All I can say is, "hats off to yis". I'd hate to see you win Sam, but if you manage it, you'll deserve it.

Tyrone need to learn that when playing a decent team, Sean Cavanaugh needs to play as a forward. He just doesnt compete in the middle, and waits for the handy ball. Poor oul Hughes was battling away on his own - and he's the one who's getting criticised by his fans on here  ???

supersarsfields

The problem is Hound, we aren't excately blessed with great midfield options. Cavanagh's appearances at midfireld are as much to do with the fact we have no one else who could offer the same level he offers. I believe he better at HF aswell. But we just don't have enough options at midfield to cover for him.

Tyrones own

"Well if he managed to deliberately (as you say) punch a man and kick him twice as he was falling within the blink of an eye, he would be better off in the UFC*."

Sure he's been at it for years and (as they say) practice makes perfect ;D
  - Walter Lippmann

twotwocharlie

was at the game best team won on the day. Meath played some great football. no point complaining about gg he,s pure tr**p thru and thru.

Kerry Mike

Never one to kick a dog when he's down but, Kerry 2-09 Tyrone 1-08 in the minors today caps off a miserable weekend for Tyrone   :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 05, 2007, 07:41:39 PM
Never one to kick a dog when he's down but, Kerry 2-09 Tyrone 1-08 in the minors today caps off a miserable weekend for Tyrone   :P

Changed my mind. I know longer wish to have that pint with you!  :D
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 05, 2007, 07:41:39 PM

Thanks for that, was totally oblivious to that reality. Muineachán abú!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2007, 06:19:20 PM

Tyrone need to learn that when playing a decent team, Sean Cavanaugh needs to play as a forward. He just doesnt compete in the middle.....

Hound

How do you rate him now as a midfielder when measured against Whelan?  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8