Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

I am not 3000+ miles away, and I am not spewing venom on amateurs. Go figure.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI am not 3000+ miles away, and I am not spewing venom on amateurs. Go figure

There you go with that 3000 miles nonsense again. You really have something against people who choose to live abroad dont you.

Also, I dont recall you expressing such indignation when Paul Galvin is slandered on this board.

ONeill

Poor Mikey; even when Tyrone exit the championship, he still fears them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nonsense? I was out yesterday mixing happily with fans of many counties, were you? That's where the 3000 miles comes in, and I'd hold that against no one, except those who might seek to abuse the remoteness. Or is the only interaction you have with fans of other counties, by and large, on this forum? And can you not post for a day without venting that embittered anger?

No player should be subjected to some of the vilification that's dished out, but some are more deserving than others, and I asked you a straight question about Ricey -- if you'd say that to his face, then fine, if not, don't hide behind the Atlantic and an IP address.  And why would I jump to the defence of Paul Galvin when he has a rottweiler like you on guard?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAnd can you not post for a day without venting that embittered anger?

The only one that is angry here is you. I'm fine, this is great craic.You need to relax, take a few deep breaths

QuoteNo player should be subject to some of the vilification that's dished out, but some are more deserving than others, and I asked you a straight question about Ricey -- if you'd say that to his face, then fine, if not, don't hide behind the Atlantic and an IP address.  And why would I jump to the defence of Paul Galvin when he has a rottweiler like you on guard?

Ahh...yes I would. Happy now.

Mike Sheehy

Quotewhen Tyrone exit the championship

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nope, not angry at all, just browned off with the unremittingly negative posts, i.e., I acknowledged and welcomed your (first and) last post that actually discussed a topic, and wasn't having a side-swipe or dig. And yes, happier now.

Jinxy

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 05, 2007, 08:52:39 PM
Not often you see Ryan McMenamin looking so haunted.

Having watched the aftermath of GG's goal several times, it struck me that this picture looks a bit well..........odd. Geraghty ran out past Ricey towards the Cusack and when he was about 10 feet past the goalpost he raised his fist to the Meath fans on the Hill. Ricey, as you can see by his hand is in the goalmouth, yet it seem like he is looking to his left AT Geraghty. Am I a bit paranoid in considering the possibility that this picture has been doctored?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I agree Jinxy, it would seem to be a merging of two pics, albeit two pictures taken at exactly the same point in time. Digital tricks perhaps.

tyronechap

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2007, 09:20:06 PM
Nice picture. Glad he looks sickened, the little bollix deserves it for all the shite talking he does.

f me ricey aint the only one that talks shit ....up monaghan

Fear ón Srath Bán where are you from? cause i seen u and mike aruging and u were sayin bout 3000+ miles

Jinxy

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 05, 2007, 11:16:22 PM
Got it from the Sunday Indo.

Oh I know, thats where I saw first anyway. I think it was definitely touched up a bit though. Highly unnecessary if it was. We don't need sports photographers going down that route.

ONeill

A really odd photo. BBC website has it as well. Geraghty was also closer to the Hogan side in real time....and Ricey ain't that big!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2007, 11:33:53 PM
A really odd photo. BBC website has it as well. Geraghty was also closer to the Hogan side in real time....and Ricey ain't that big!
Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2007, 11:36:03 PM
I want answers.

First the BBC stitch up the Queen. Now Ricey!! Whatever next?

rrhf

Congratulations to Meath - a much superior team on the day. 
I read MHs comments on another thread - he talks about midfield supremacy, not in the game I watched.  he was too slow to make changes.  If I was a Meath man id be worried about how they only won by 2 after dominating the game.  Make no mistake about it, This is the end of an era in Tyrone football.  There was no huinger in our midfield, or indeed anywhere.  My fear is Ricey, Hub, Harte, Mulligan, Cavlan, Mellon and more are not at that level any more or have been to the well too many times.  Id imagine thats Doohers swansong so rebuilding isnt an option its the only way.  Id have questions over Tyrone physical fitness levels too.  Some or our players are far too slow and should in fact be speeding up as the ground gets harder.  They were flying in February.  Also when Stevie came on I thought to myself and manager that plays these guys in Mc kenna cups needs chased.  Common sense tells ye that you are only burning out precious resources.  Hartes decison to stick with Hub early in the year was found out and it has cost Tyrone dearly. His decision to not involve Rouse left him with no plan B. Hunger is the first ingredient when Id be handing out county jersies next year. It wasnt right and the Donegal performance perhaps said more about them than us.  Still we won Ulster and that helps a little.