Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: Wee Barky on November 09, 2023, 07:26:24 AMWas mount carrying a knock last night or does ten hag simply not rate his big summer signing any longer ?
Mount couldn't get on a dreadful Chelsea team last year. He was always going to be a failure. Another poor signing.

RedHand88

Quote from: marty34 on November 09, 2023, 07:51:26 AM
Quote from: smort on November 09, 2023, 07:36:14 AM
Quote from: Wee Barky on November 09, 2023, 07:26:24 AMWas mount carrying a knock last night or does ten hag simply not rate his big summer signing any longer ?

I think the only position he could be trusted in is behind the striker, and that's Brunos role

You'd wonder why they bought him then?

Because they are at the behest of a rabid fanbase who think the transfer window is like a sweet shop where they can scream and demand what they want. Ones who live on football social media but will never go to Old Trafford.

trailer

EtH never gonna survive this. He picks the team and he picked some absolute shitbags last night. Dalot, AWB, Evans, Maguire. Varane even on go in on it coming on and promptly had a stinker. Then signing shitbags like Mount, Antony, Onana.

The one shining light is Hojlund who looks like a real player...EtH took him off when we needed a goal. The keeper even spilled a shot but Hojlund couldn't reach it from the bench.

No matter about the weird decisions EtH makes, he has zero luck as well. If performances and results don't improve he'll be gone before Christmas.

Onthe40

I totally agree on ETH failings, he has made decisions in last number of games which have been poor and cost us, mount coming on last night, v Man City early second half, few other games making early second half changes which cost us,,

however Maguire has been good this past few games and deserved to start, couldn't fault his effort last night, he's just liable to a clanger every so often
Varnane is done as is errikson and casimera - they were one year buys and there time is up

there's enough been said about the other wasters....

Ethan Tremblay

Watched the highlights there, Jesus the mentality is not there to win at all.  Dalot literally moves out of the way of the ball for the final goal ffs.  Shows how much he wants to win when he is afraid of getting hit by a football. 

Rashford decision harsh also, technically a foul, but not intentional, there was no malice in that, merely trying to shield the ball from his opponent. 

Glad to see Maguire have a run of good form also.  Ironically a player ETH didn't want and made his feelings clear on that over the summer, Maguire is one of the few at the moment keeping ETH afloat. 

Big few weeks ahead for ETH. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Jeepers Creepers

Thought Utd actually played well last night even after going down to 10 men. A one goal cushion will never be enough for this team as there's always the danger of a monumental fk up at the back. Hojlund was busted by the time he came off and bringing Mount on it was clear he was going for the draw. It will be rinse lather repeat if ETH is sacked.

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 09, 2023, 10:25:06 AMThought Utd actually played well last night even after going down to 10 men. A one goal cushion will never be enough for this team as there's always the danger of a monumental fk up at the back. Hojlund was busted by the time he came off and bringing Mount on it was clear he was going for the draw. It will be rinse lather repeat if ETH is sacked.
Think he had Mount ready to go then they equalised. Should have brought Martial instead then surely. Mount isn't a bad player but isn't a starter, would have been fine coming in at £20m as a back up and not a word would have been said. But making him your marquee signing and giving him number 7 is madness

NAG1

The Mount signing was a random one. I think he is a decent player in a very good team, but not a player to improve a struggling one.

It's the lack of resilience that is the biggest worry for me, you just know that when they come under a sustained period of pressure that it is going to lead to mistakes and goals.

Bisakka started it off with a crap back pass to the keeper, when a more assured touch and pass and there is no danger. Then Maguire goes back inside to Varrane with 2/3 man press coming to him and then Varrane instead of reading it and just getting clear, attempts a half volley pass back to Maguire.

As much as ETH has responsibility for some things, to legislate for 2 experienced international centre halves doing this in that situation the game was in at this point is unreal.

Mario

The sooner Shaw and Martinez are back the better. Both are head and shoulders above our other defenders. Although i do think Maguire is playing well at the minute. Wan Bissaka in decent form as well. Varane is sh*t and i'd have Evans over him. Dalot isn't a great defender. The most annoying thing for me is how we fell apart after that red card. Get the game to HT and you probably win it. I know another terrible penalty call didn't help.

Armagh18

Quote from: Mario on November 09, 2023, 11:00:41 AMThe sooner Shaw and Martinez are back the better. Both are head and shoulders above our other defenders. Although i do think Maguire is playing well at the minute. Wan Bissaka in decent form as well. Varane is sh*t and i'd have Evans over him. Dalot isn't a great defender. The most annoying thing for me is how we fell apart after that red card. Get the game to HT and you probably win it. I know another terrible penalty call didn't help.
No better around than Shaw when he's in top form. Far too injury prone though. Martinez be great help is right.

Casemiro and Varane have been there and won it all multiple times. You'd like to think they'd bring some balls to the team. Varane looks done and Casemiro gone off a cliff after looking like his old self at the start of last season. Think Casemiro not helped by being asked to do everything, think if him and Amrabat can get a few games together they'll be ok.

Eriksen someone who was signed years too late, class player but past his best as well. Hoejlund going to be a superstar but Christ he needs help. If he was in that City team he'd be putting up some numbers. 

johnnycool

Quote from: Mario on November 09, 2023, 11:00:41 AMThe sooner Shaw and Martinez are back the better. Both are head and shoulders above our other defenders. Although i do think Maguire is playing well at the minute. Wan Bissaka in decent form as well. Varane is sh*t and i'd have Evans over him. Dalot isn't a great defender. The most annoying thing for me is how we fell apart after that red card. Get the game to HT and you probably win it. I know another terrible penalty call didn't help.

That Amrabat lad wouldn't get a start at Everton, gave the ball away when trying to play out from the back twice that I saw in the second half and gave up chances, where did they pick him up from?

Structural problems in this team that need addressed.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2023, 11:33:09 AM

That Amrabat lad wouldn't get a start at Everton, gave the ball away when trying to play out from the back twice that I saw in the second half and gave up chances, where did they pick him up from?

Structural problems in this team that need addressed.

Was class in the world cup. Doubt too many had heard of him before that.

J70

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 09, 2023, 09:56:09 AMWatched the highlights there, Jesus the mentality is not there to win at all.  Dalot literally moves out of the way of the ball for the final goal ffs.  Shows how much he wants to win when he is afraid of getting hit by a football. 

Rashford decision harsh also, technically a foul, but not intentional, there was no malice in that, merely trying to shield the ball from his opponent. 

Glad to see Maguire have a run of good form also.  Ironically a player ETH didn't want and made his feelings clear on that over the summer, Maguire is one of the few at the moment keeping ETH afloat. 

Big few weeks ahead for ETH. 

Players (and fans) need to get to grips with the fact that intent doesn't matter any more.

5times5times

ETH a fraud.
All the ££ spend, and having a back 4 of AWB, Maguire, Evans and Dalot.. dont get me started on Dalot
Casemiro & Martinez made of glass.
On Casemiro & Varane, bet ye Madrid laughed all way to the bank. They never sell top performing players
Rashford, should maybe go back to fighting for school meals.. Stone useless this season
Mount, what the F did ETH see in him? He's another McTom, a squad player
Amrabat, clue not be in that he was sitting on his arse till transfer deadline? For all his WC exploits, nobody else wanted him?
Antony should be shipped back to the favelas in Brazil.. Up there with 1 of the worse MUFC signings in history
Shaw, made of glass... again
Onana, another WTF ETH signing

And dont get me started on Martial

smort

Martial.. It is amazing how he is still there. Although thinking about it, who would want him