Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2023, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: Mario on November 09, 2023, 11:00:41 AMThe sooner Shaw and Martinez are back the better. Both are head and shoulders above our other defenders. Although i do think Maguire is playing well at the minute. Wan Bissaka in decent form as well. Varane is sh*t and i'd have Evans over him. Dalot isn't a great defender. The most annoying thing for me is how we fell apart after that red card. Get the game to HT and you probably win it. I know another terrible penalty call didn't help.

That Amrabat lad wouldn't get a start at Everton, gave the ball away when trying to play out from the back twice that I saw in the second half and gave up chances, where did they pick him up from?

Structural problems in this team that need addressed.

Was class in the world cup. Doubt too many had heard of him before that.

J70

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 09, 2023, 09:56:09 AMWatched the highlights there, Jesus the mentality is not there to win at all.  Dalot literally moves out of the way of the ball for the final goal ffs.  Shows how much he wants to win when he is afraid of getting hit by a football. 

Rashford decision harsh also, technically a foul, but not intentional, there was no malice in that, merely trying to shield the ball from his opponent. 

Glad to see Maguire have a run of good form also.  Ironically a player ETH didn't want and made his feelings clear on that over the summer, Maguire is one of the few at the moment keeping ETH afloat. 

Big few weeks ahead for ETH. 

Players (and fans) need to get to grips with the fact that intent doesn't matter any more.

5times5times

ETH a fraud.
All the ££ spend, and having a back 4 of AWB, Maguire, Evans and Dalot.. dont get me started on Dalot
Casemiro & Martinez made of glass.
On Casemiro & Varane, bet ye Madrid laughed all way to the bank. They never sell top performing players
Rashford, should maybe go back to fighting for school meals.. Stone useless this season
Mount, what the F did ETH see in him? He's another McTom, a squad player
Amrabat, clue not be in that he was sitting on his arse till transfer deadline? For all his WC exploits, nobody else wanted him?
Antony should be shipped back to the favelas in Brazil.. Up there with 1 of the worse MUFC signings in history
Shaw, made of glass... again
Onana, another WTF ETH signing

And dont get me started on Martial

smort

Martial.. It is amazing how he is still there. Although thinking about it, who would want him

Armamike

Quote from: Mario on November 09, 2023, 11:00:41 AMThe sooner Shaw and Martinez are back the better. Both are head and shoulders above our other defenders. Although i do think Maguire is playing well at the minute. Wan Bissaka in decent form as well. Varane is sh*t and i'd have Evans over him. Dalot isn't a great defender. The most annoying thing for me is how we fell apart after that red card. Get the game to HT and you probably win it. I know another terrible penalty call didn't help.

Never buy a player from Real Madrid!  They never sell a good un!
That's just, like your opinion man.

toby47

Quote from: 5times5times on November 09, 2023, 12:13:44 PMETH a fraud.
All the ££ spend, and having a back 4 of AWB, Maguire, Evans and Dalot.. dont get me started on Dalot
On Casemiro & Varane, bet ye Madrid laughed all way to the bank. They never sell top performing players
Rashford, should maybe go back to fighting for school meals.. Stone useless this season
Amrabat, clue not be in that he was sitting on his arse till transfer deadline? For all his WC exploits, nobody else wanted him?
Antony should be shipped back to the favelas in Brazil.. Up there with 1 of the worse MUFC signings in history

What United bought them for vs what they are worth now (Transfermarkt)

Casemiro    - €70m - €40m
Wan-Bissaka - €55m - €25m
Maguire     - €87m - €20m
Sancho      - €85m - €32m
Martial     - €60m - €15m
Lindelof    - €35m - €18m
Van De Beek - €39m - €10m
Antony      - €95 - €50

You can look at it 100 ways, but on average United spent €66m on each player listed there. Horrendous business for what they have got from each player in return.

Could you argue any of them players have been worth €66m, never mind 8 of them.

thewobbler

Quote from: toby47 on November 09, 2023, 12:44:28 PM

Antony      - €95 - €50

You can look at it 100 ways, but on average United spent €66m on each player listed there. Horrendous business for what they have got from each player in return.

Not one of those players reaches anything close to the value described as "what they are worth now". None of them are going up the food chain on their next move, they're all tremendously overpaid, and the only way a "lesser" club than United could afford them is with little-to-no transfer fee.

Armagh18

Quote from: toby47 on November 09, 2023, 12:44:28 PM

Antony      - €95 - €50

Jesus if someone offered 50 for Antony you'd snap their hand off

bennydorano

Quote from: Armamike on November 09, 2023, 12:31:56 PM

Never buy a player from Real Madrid!  They never sell a good un!
Have had this conversation numerous times, first red flag should be they are willing to sell in the first place.

AustinPowers

Martial £15 million? I wouldn't give 15 quid  for him

How the hell is he still there, never mind  getting a game?  The biggest ever waste of space  in a red shirt

trailer

Martial sums up how dysfunctional this club is. 2019 they gave him a 6 (SIX) year deal at £250k a week. They can't even get him to go on loan never mind sell him.
He also has a Ballon d'Or clause in his contract. f**k me.

The club is run by morons and the player are taking the f**king piss.

On Maguire, I get that he tries, but he is clean shite. Their was period in the 2nd half Utd had the ball for going on 50+ passes, comes to Maguire, he had a straight forward pass to Dalot I think, turned and pinged a ball out over AWB head into row z. Simply not acceptable at this level. It should be on repeat on every TV screen at Carrington for the next month. An utter shitbag.

statto

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on November 09, 2023, 12:19:28 AMWhatever about which two duds United decide to name at centre back for any given match, it's beyond mental that the club haven't managed to acquire a decent full back in well over a decade.

The two lads tonight are so painfully out of their depth at CL level. They're both 90% players. Look grand most of the time, and might even do several good things, but the other 10% is brain fart time. Brain farts that cost goals and lose games.

And unfortunately, United are full of similarly flakey boys. That's why there's no spine nor identity to this team - it's missing anything resembling a reliable, consistent core that maintains and drives standards. Putting that in place will take years. There are no short cuts - the club tried that with Varane and Casemiro and it's only made things worse. Everything is a mess.
Think thats harsh on Shaw who is decent when fit.  They have never really replaced G Nev on otherside. 

Bord na Mona man

Dalot still hanging around after all these years is evidence of how poorly run the organisation is.
For a long time he has looked short of the standard, but has survived all these years of hectic signings and botched offloading.
The errors he made losing his man were basic.

statto

The United penalty was far harsher that the Copenhagen penalty.  Maguire dangles his arm in front of the ball and even Scholes said was a penalty which was surprising.  The United penalty the lad jumps for the ball not sure what meant to do with that.  The rule needs to change though, if you move your hand towards the ball it should be a penalty or if theres intent the way the rule was a few years back.

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on November 09, 2023, 03:18:40 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on November 09, 2023, 12:19:28 AMWhatever about which two duds United decide to name at centre back for any given match, it's beyond mental that the club haven't managed to acquire a decent full back in well over a decade.

The two lads tonight are so painfully out of their depth at CL level. They're both 90% players. Look grand most of the time, and might even do several good things, but the other 10% is brain fart time. Brain farts that cost goals and lose games.

And unfortunately, United are full of similarly flakey boys. That's why there's no spine nor identity to this team - it's missing anything resembling a reliable, consistent core that maintains and drives standards. Putting that in place will take years. There are no short cuts - the club tried that with Varane and Casemiro and it's only made things worse. Everything is a mess.
Think thats harsh on Shaw who is decent when fit.  They have never really replaced G Nev on otherside. 
Valencia was good for a while and Rafael was at times under Ferguson. Could honestly do with a new player in every position  on the pitch which is crazy to say.