Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Confidence vote this evening

bennydorano

As with all challenged leaders he'll likely technically win, but it's all about the numbers who vote against him

gallsman

Think he'll survive but the end is surely nigh. At this stage, if he survives, there'll have to be a reshuffle soon enough. Please God just get that dose Dottie's away from a camera or microphone.

imtommygunn

What was it he said? You'll need a flame thrower to get rid of me? If the no confidence vote fails, which I suspect it will, then this boy will cling on to "power" for another while  :(

yellowcard

Looks like the game is up for Johnson, they are like rats jumping off a sinking ship trying to manoeuvre themselves into position.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2022, 08:46:11 AM
What was it he said? You'll need a flame thrower to get rid of me? If the no confidence vote fails, which I suspect it will, then this boy will cling on to "power" for another while  :(

If he gets 180 out of 359, not a doubt in my mind he'll stay. The usual suspects will be proclaiming victory. May quit after only getting 63%.

imtommygunn

They may actually need a flame thrower. I was reading an article about previous prime ministers who have won the votes of no confidence and still ended up going. None of them have been a patch on Johnson.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on June 06, 2022, 12:45:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2022, 08:46:11 AM

If he gets 180 out of 359, not a doubt in my mind he'll stay. The usual suspects will be proclaiming victory. May quit after only getting 63%.

Good if he does stay. He'll get feck all done without the party behind him as people will be empowered to oppose him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

if he stays he'll clear the opposers out.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2022, 01:40:12 PM

Big split in the Torys evidently, openly going at it on the Twittersphere, well Nadine going in hard on some, but she knows her goose is cooked if Boris goes, who would touch her with a barge pole, but that also includes a lot of other Tory ministers who've sold their souls so much to defend Boris they're now damaged goods along with him.

yellowcard

Quote from: johnnycool on June 06, 2022, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2022, 01:40:12 PM

Big split in the Torys evidently, openly going at it on the Twittersphere, well Nadine going in hard on some, but she knows her goose is cooked if Boris goes, who would touch her with a barge pole, but that also includes a lot of other Tory ministers who've sold their souls so much to defend Boris they're now damaged goods along with him.

Imagine reducing yourself to being a lickspittle for Boris Johnson, well that is what Dorries has done. Thick as mince she is. Either way it looks as though the Tory party is splitting further. The cabinet is already full of ERG/Brexit fanatics, now it's gonna divide further into the pro Boris (for now) Brexiteers and the anti Boris Brexiteers. They are some shower.   

imtommygunn

Yeah that's it. Some of the ones who have backed him hve no way back. Without him they have no career and are just yes people. On an objective vote he's toast however on a self preservationist vote I am not as sure.

The likes of Hunt have kept themselves detached enough that there is a way back. Dorres has absolutely no way back and likewise for Pratel I imagine and probably Mogg.

I will believe he's gone when I see it.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2022, 04:11:39 PM
Yeah that's it. Some of the ones who have backed him hve no way back. Without him they have no career and are just yes people. On an objective vote he's toast however on a self preservationist vote I am not as sure.

The likes of Hunt have kept themselves detached enough that there is a way back. Dorres has absolutely no way back and likewise for Pratel I imagine and probably Mogg.

I will believe he's gone when I see it.

He is 1/6 to win the vote which means that he is about 80% certain to bundle onwards until the next scandal.

imtommygunn

Yeah he's a cert tbh. Hopefully it's the start of it but he's not like the other ones. He's the most shameless ever so he'll ride it out for a year now I suspect.

tiempo

Definitely winning the vote and heaping more misery on millions

To vote Tory is to confirm you have shit for brains