Saint Theresa of Calcutta

Started by T Fearon, September 04, 2016, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

T Fearon

All crap from atheists trying to discredit here.The Nobel Peace Price is the secular world's true testimony to her saintly life marked by devotion to the poor and tending the sick

stew

How anyone could say a bad word about this wonderful human being is beyond me, castigate mother Theresa and be a Hillary supporter speaks volumes about some on here!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

theskull1

Is it beyond you to find out why they might stew? Obviously is  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

stew

Quote from: theskull1 on September 19, 2016, 08:55:01 AM
Is it beyond you to find out why they might stew? Obviously is  ::)

She was human and as such was flawed, made mistakes like anyone else, what you cannot take away from her is the fact she did much to help countless people in Calcutta and dedicated her entire life to serving the people of that city.

Her legacy is a great one, far better than the one I or anyone else on this board will ever leave, as for being a saint? Not for me but obviously for others.

theskull1

Its sounds as if you can see why

stew

Quote from: theskull1 on September 20, 2016, 10:47:53 AM
Its sounds as if you can see why

Some atheists cannot give credit to any person of faith no matter how much they contribute to the world! Pathetic really.

Christians, Muslims, Atheists and people from all races and creeds have contributed to the human condition, Mother Theresa leaves a tremendous Legacy and is a hero to many and deserves respect.

theskull1

"Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

Her words

Anyone who believes this is not someone the poor need as their champion.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on September 19, 2016, 03:18:39 AM
How anyone could say a bad word about this wonderful human being is beyond me, castigate mother Theresa and be a Hillary supporter speaks volumes about some on here!
Hillary is a saint. People often mention Jesus Christ when they think of her. She would make a wonderful Celtic manager

Applesisapples

On the face of it this nun appears to have done a lot of good, which is in keeping with her calling. but a Saint? No and the Church is a laughing stock with the creation of all this latter-day supposed Saints.     

omaghjoe

She appears to have met the churchs criteria for a saint so why would they not make her one?

Alot of shite talked here like Mother Theresa was a medical professional running a hospice or hospital. Her charities were performed by nuns with litle or no professional training so of course their medical services are not going to be on a a par with a modern hospital. But a medical hospital couldn't afford to provide the care coverage in the way her charities did.

As for her statement about the poor I dont agree with i,t but Im looking at it from a bigger picture than her. She is not a politician she was just someone who saw the poor and helped them so i understand where she was coming from. Imagine a Christian nurse wading into India and telling their culture and traditions need to be changed, she would likely have been burned out of it.

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 21, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
She appears to have met the churchs criteria for a saint so why would they not make her one?

Alot of shite talked here like Mother Theresa was a medical professional running a hospice or hospital. Her charities were performed by nuns with litle or no professional training so of course their medical services are not going to be on a a par with a modern hospital. But a medical hospital couldn't afford to provide the care coverage in the way her charities did.

As for her statement about the poor I dont agree with i,t but Im looking at it from a bigger picture than her. She is not a politician she was just someone who saw the poor and helped them so i understand where she was coming from. Imagine a Christian nurse wading into India and telling their culture and traditions need to be changed, she would likely have been burned out of it.

This is a good place to start.

Can you reference the Bible's criteria on saints?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Don't you understand Papal infallibility thus his unique powers to confer sainthood?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2016, 06:09:08 PM
Don't you understand Papal infallibility thus his unique powers to confer sainthood?

Can you point to that in the Bible?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2016, 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 21, 2016, 05:56:34 PM

This is a good place to start.

Can you reference the Bible's criteria on saints?

Whats the bible got to do with it?