What would you call a second tier Competition?

Started by From the Bunker, June 28, 2015, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Brolly is looking for a second tier competition. And was calling for it to be called the Paudi O'Se Cup. Not sure if a trophy should be called after a former Player/Manager? Any good names?

AZOffaly

Who'd be in it? Every team hammered by Dublin? Talking shite again.

Line Ball

Yet another Tommy Murphy Cup - Brolly talking balls again.

Teo Lurley

Surely Westmeath would be in it, they'd never beat anyone or get into a provincial championship final or anything.
If there was to be a 2nd tier competition I think we should follow what Brolly says and name it after a GAA legend. Call it the Tommy Murphy cup or something like that.

5 Sams

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 06:02:30 PM
Brolly is looking for a second tier competition. And was calling for it to be called the Paudi O'Se Cup. Not sure if a trophy should be called after a former Player/Manager? Any good names?

If they do I hope they spell his name right ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Teo Lurley

And would it not be an insult to Paudí to have his name associated with a joke, second rate competition.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 06:11:32 PM
And would it not be an insult to Paudí to have his name associated with a joke, second rate competition.

Paidí O' Se might be insulted, though I doubt it.

As for Pauidí Whatshisname, I don't know the man, so I can't say whether he would be insulted or not.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

drici

Anything you want - it can't hear you.

No - that was a lion with ten balaclavas on.

Oraisteach

The Why-Bother-Tryin-I'm-Away-To-The-States-Saucer

BennyHarp

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 06:11:32 PM

I think the whole point of Brollys argument (by the way, he seems to have claimed Jimmy McGuinness' idea as his own now) is that it is imperative that the second tier competition is given a prestigious position and is not a glorified Tommy Murphy. We have different grades in all levels of football bar inter county, there's plenty of clubs happy to win the intermediate championship. With the correct incentives and promotion, there's no reason why this can't work. The name of the cup is irrelevant though.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

But who would be in it? Div 3 and 4 teams like Sligo, Antrim and Wexford or Division 2 teams like Roscommon, Laois, Kildare?

Itchy

Whatever it's called its important weak counties like Meath and Kildare have something to play for,
Z

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2015, 07:17:55 PM
But who would be in it? Div 3 and 4 teams like Sligo, Antrim and Wexford or Division 2 teams like Roscommon, Laois, Kildare?

Division 1 teams like Mayo and Cork?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.