What would you call a second tier Competition?

Started by From the Bunker, June 28, 2015, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2015, 07:17:55 PM
But who would be in it? Div 3 and 4 teams like Sligo, Antrim and Wexford or Division 2 teams like Roscommon, Laois, Kildare?

Dunno, but based on Brolly / McGuinness' plan it would the top 16 positions in the league but space made for Provincial champions. Sligo could still force their way in by beating Mayo. Maybe it will encourage teams to plan ahead and be more consistent rather than play with no real structure, on the off chance they win a big game every year or two, like Antrim.
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

But who would be in it? Div 3 and 4 teams like Sligo, Antrim and Wexford or Division 2 teams like Roscommon, Laois, Kildare?

Kildare are Div 3
Roscmmon are Div 1

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 07:29:19 PM

Kildare are Div 3
Roscmmon are Div 1

They were division 2 teams in the league 2015.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2015, 07:51:29 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 07:29:19 PM

Kildare are Div 3
Roscmmon are Div 1

They were division 2 teams in the league 2015.

Sound.

From the Bunker

The question is not do we need a second tier competition. More is there a GAA, National, Political, international Person we could name the Competition/Cup for it after?

I can't think of any.

5 Sams

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 28, 2015, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 06:11:32 PM
And would it not be an insult to Paudí to have his name associated with a joke, second rate competition.

Paidí O' Se might be insulted, though I doubt it.

As for Pauidí Whatshisname, I don't know the man, so I can't say whether he would be insulted or not.

Sorry to be pedantic but you still have it totally wrong!
The Aristocrat Years

Sidney

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

snoopdog

Could you then call the senior championship the All Ireland? Cause if there are different levels then it isn't all inclusive. We might need a referendum on equality for small counties like Down.

Shrewdness

The Dermot Earley Cup. Instead of winning Sam, you'd be winning Dermot.

theticklemister

The Martin McGuinness 'ar-man-lite' of the match award.

theticklemister

We could call the cup the 'Mark Durkan' cup as he doesn't have a clue about football and either do the rest of the teams that will be in it.

BennyHarp

Maybe just call it the Joe Brolly cup. After all, it was his idea and he is responsible for everything that changes in the game at the minute.
That was never a square ball!!