Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Excellent game to watch. Thought the standard of football was very high. Not a bad footballer in sight. Both teams wanted to win it badly.
Group stages a right bore now in the CL.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2015, 10:03:45 AM
Ah yeah, they were impressive last night, and dug in well. But I suppose I'm saying we shouldn't be pitching it as some sort of minnow taking out a poor Chelsea side. This is an expensive, experienced squad with money behind them.
It's definitely not a minnow.
I was looking at the stats for the French league. PSG had a budget of 500m . Next nearest were Lyon and Monaco on 100-150 m and some of the Burnley equivalents were on 24m.   CL is mostly about money now. Across Europe domestic football in a big country supports one or two giants and the others have not much hope, really .  Atletico and Dortmund would be the exceptions in recent years.   

AZOffaly

Germany seems to be a well run league. They have good teams, generally, with great crowds at a reasonable ticket price. They don't seem to go bananas with their transfers, but teams like Dortmund, Schalke, Munich etc perform respectably in Europe.

gallsman

Veratti was absolutely outstanding last night. Didn't think he was that good but he embarrassed Chelsea's midfield at times.

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2015, 11:22:58 AM
Germany seems to be a well run league. They have good teams, generally, with great crowds at a reasonable ticket price. They don't seem to go bananas with their transfers, but teams like Dortmund, Schalke, Munich etc perform respectably in Europe.

Wolfsburg might be the next Dortmund. Flying at the minute.

AZOffaly

Chelsea's midfield was anonymous last night. It was very strange. They actually looked not 'up for it'. How many clearances or kickouts were won uncontested in midfield by a PSG player? It was constant.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2015, 03:39:04 PM
Chelsea's midfield was anonymous last night. It was very strange. They actually looked not 'up for it'. How many clearances or kickouts were won uncontested in midfield by a PSG player? It was constant.

Maybe the expectation that a scoreless draw would suffice was playing on the Chelsea players minds whereas the PSG lads they needed to score irrespective of Chelsea scoring or not and mentally were better prepared for the game.

Sidney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 11, 2015, 11:50:18 PM
Not sure how u say hes a over rated manager, he the only one to win 4 leagues in different countries. I do think though he actually holding this Chelsea team back, they showed very early in the season they can be a attacking force but his strict style is holding back his players. As for the tackle watched it a few times there, dangerous enough looking tackle, though the players running after the ref is pathetic, but seen the same diving and waving imaginary cards in the Arsenal , Man Utd game the other night.
Each team he has managed was easily the richest in their league. He's an utter coont who manages teams full of coonts who cheat at every oppurtunity and play dreadful football.

His two Champions League victories were the luckiest of all-time.

Pep, Ancelotti, Simeone, Klopp and Rodgers are all vastly superior managers and I could name at least another six or seven I'd have before him.

straightred

Quote from: Sidney on March 12, 2015, 07:46:40 PM
Not sure how u say hes a over rated manager, he the only one to win 4 leagues in different countries. I do think though he actually holding this Chelsea team back, they showed very early in the season they can be a attacking force but his strict style is holding back his players. As for the tackle watched it a few times there, dangerous enough looking tackle, though the players running after the ref is pathetic, but seen the same diving and waving imaginary cards in the Arsenal , Man Utd game the other night.
Each team he has managed was easily the richest in their league. He's an utter coont who manages teams full of coonts who cheat at every oppurtunity and play dreadful football.

Pep, Ancelotti, Simeone, Klopp and Rodgers are all vastly superior managers and I could name at least another six or seven I'd have before him.

All of the above plus throw in that he is the biggest hyprocrite in football.

He moans about defense (park the bus) and then manages the inter team who were awful to watch
He moans about diving while forgetting his role in that Porto team and plenty others since
He moans about time wasting - every club he was ever at did it
He has absolutely no class - his antics with madrid proved that beyond doubt and they couldn't get rid of him quick enough
His comments about PSG training show a complete lack of respect for fellow professionals.

I'm no Man U fan but you can easily see why they said no thanks. Chelsea and him are made for each other.

Boycey

Jose is definitely easy not to like (all part of his act) but to suggest he's not a very good manager is laughable, and as for that list you've forgotten Big Sam  ;D

Jell 0 Biafra

I personally loved watching that Inter team.  Milito was one of the best strikers around at the time, and Zanetti was pure class.  Sneijder and Cambiasso also great players at the time.

seafoid

Rodgers is great especially in the transfer market. The only reason he isn't managing a bigger club is inhibited ostertagia.

ONeill

Quote from: straightred on March 12, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

All of the above plus throw in that he is the biggest hyprocrite in football.

He moans about defense (park the bus) and then manages the inter team who were awful to watch
He moans about diving while forgetting his role in that Porto team and plenty others since
He moans about time wasting - every club he was ever at did it
He has absolutely no class - his antics with madrid proved that beyond doubt and they couldn't get rid of him quick enough
His comments about PSG training show a complete lack of respect for fellow professionals.

I'm no Man U fan but you can easily see why they said no thanks. Chelsea and him are made for each other.

Mourinho is brilliant. If he took over Utd or Arsenal he'd achieve. Players want to work with him.

If madness took over and he managed Celtic, he'd transform them.

I love to see the hoor bate but that's just jealousy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Poor Pep alright managing the dreggs of Spain and Germany throughout his career!

Ancelotti has hardly been slumming it either the last 15 odd years. If you're going to make a point at least do it properly.

Maureen is a horrible bastard but his record as a manager is second to none. You may not agree with his methods but his record speaks for itself! City are Champions and have a ball of money yet they cant touch Chelsea this year!!

gallsman

Agreed, Mourinho is a genius but a **** nonetheless. His CL wins with Inter and Porto were fantastic achievements. Regardless of how much Moratti bankrolled Inter, they failed in Europe year after year under Mancini. Their wins at Stamford Bridge and at home to Barca were exceptional. He let himself down at Madrid though, with the whole team turning into a very bay nasty image of him.

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on March 13, 2015, 09:00:20 AM
Agreed, Mourinho is a genius but a **** nonetheless. His CL wins with Inter and Porto were fantastic achievements. Regardless of how much Moratti bankrolled Inter, they failed in Europe year after year under Mancini. Their wins at Stamford Bridge and at home to Barca were exceptional. He let himself down at Madrid though, with the whole team turning into a very bay nasty image of him.

Doing it with Porto was exceptional. Why he can't do it with Chelsea is strange.