Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 11, 2015, 10:24:36 PM
Doesnt say much about English football, the standard is away to the dogs, poor stuff all together.

Watch your lip,that's the best league in the world you're talking about there  ;D

gerrykeegan

The boys on RTE getting stuck in to Jose. An evil presence. And now  a cowardly bully.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

An Watcher

Just like man city the other week at home.  Very poor and with an extra man for about 90 mins. Joke.  Best about it, I'd be very surprised if psg were to win it.

Sidney

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 11, 2015, 10:30:48 PM
The boys on RTE getting stuck in to Jose. An evil presence. And now  a cowardly bully.
Not sure I'd go as far as calling him evil but he is a cowardly bully.

And a very overrated manager.

Wildweasel74

Not sure how u say hes a over rated manager, he the only one to win 4 leagues in different countries. I do think though he actually holding this Chelsea team back, they showed very early in the season they can be a attacking force but his strict style is holding back his players. As for the tackle watched it a few times there, dangerous enough looking tackle, though the players running after the ref is pathetic, but seen the same diving and waving imaginary cards in the Arsenal , Man Utd game the other night.

cadhlancian

Just saw Silvas header again. Courtois was bad positioned  I thought?

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 12, 2015, 01:23:28 AM
Just saw Silvas header again. Courtois was bad positioned  I thought?

Got caught in two minds. Was making his way out about to go punch the corner away or catch it and decided to back-peddle when he saw how far out it was going. Caught in no-man's land, but the header was just under the bar so even if he was on the line it wouldn't have been an easy save.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 11, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 11, 2015, 10:19:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 11, 2015, 10:11:08 PM
Have to say watching this, I'm glad liverpool didn't sign Cavani or Levazzi.

Cavani was brilliant there tonight for me. Strong on the ball,his skill to create the chance when he hit the post his tackling running hassling. All round i couldn't fault the man I'd love him with Utd on the form if the 2 games against Chelsea this year.

I just think his touch is really poor, and he looks awkward. Ran around and tries a lot alright, but I was thinking of him as a top striker. I don't think he is.

Thought Cavani was good last night and would be better value for money that Falcao at the minute.

On strikers Hunterlaar looked good the other night, but in saying that the Madrid defence was pish.

Good to see Chelsea going out, find the whole circus around Jose and what not just too much now.
Fabregas and Albucetta didn't want to know when the tackles were flying in, both needed wing mirrors fitted.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 11, 2015, 11:50:18 PM
Not sure how u say hes a over rated manager, he the only one to win 4 leagues in different countries. I do think though he actually holding this Chelsea team back, they showed very early in the season they can be a attacking force but his strict style is holding back his players. As for the tackle watched it a few times there, dangerous enough looking tackle, though the players running after the ref is pathetic, but seen the same diving and waving imaginary cards in the Arsenal , Man Utd game the other night.

I wouldnt have said that at all,he got the timing a  bit wrong , realised it and pulled out, it was actually Oscar who followed through with his tackle.
A booking for Ibra at the very most.
it was undoubtably the reaction of the chelsea players that got him the red.
Terry was heavily involved in that and i would say got another 1 or 2 PSG players in the book as well by pressuring the referee.
Glad to see Costa and Terry going out last night as you couldnt like either of them if they were your own.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 11, 2015, 10:24:44 PM
French league better than premier league? In fairness Sky tv do market the premier league very well.
The higher the cost of the rights, the more the marketing. Marketing doesn't win matches however.
I though PSG had way more energy. They owned the midfield and even when Chewsea went ahead they didn't lose the head. Luiz's goal was class and though they were at a disadvantage going into ET they had more balls than the opposition. 
Parking the bus is more difficult against a team like PSG. Ibrahimovic was a bit unlucky to be sent off aswell.

AZOffaly

PSG aren't exactly paupers either lads. This wasn't Chelsea v Bradford.

The Trap

Reply #1747 on: November 06, 2014, 12:08:08 PM ยป

Wrote this on 6th November on Man City thread and got devoured by some.............I  still think I am right though!

The premiership is the most over-rated sports competition in the world!!!! Overseas players come in to line their pockets and the public in Britain are being completely mugged. We think that some of our players go to the USA to get a pay off.......well the whole world is going to the premiership to get a pay off.......the players dont give a s**t and when they come agaist teams from other parts of Europe whose players do actually care they are completely shown up for what they are.....lazy and spoilt.

screenexile

Very poor last night from Chelsea. Very strange that they had Oscar and Fabregas in MF when they knew that PSG were going to be aggressive and in their face.

Jose should have set up like he does for away matches with a bit more beef in midfield like Willian rather than having Oscar and Fabregas on who were not able to handle the physical stuff. By the time he brought Willian on for the second half the tempo was already set and Chelsea couldn't turn the tide.

I'm happy enough though after all their shenanigans and I must say I like the look of Veratti he was absolutely superb last night constantly trying to get past his man and push PSG on at every opportunity especially when they had 10 men.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2015, 09:50:43 AM
PSG aren't exactly paupers either lads. This wasn't Chelsea v Bradford.
They seem to have come on a good bit from last year, AZ.
A bit like a Man City replica but they gel better as a team in this competition this year. 

AZOffaly

Ah yeah, they were impressive last night, and dug in well. But I suppose I'm saying we shouldn't be pitching it as some sort of minnow taking out a poor Chelsea side. This is an expensive, experienced squad with money behind them.